What's new

A Better Shave After 2-Day's Growth? That is the question.

Do You Get a Better Shave After Two (or more) Day's Beard Growth?

• Yes

• No

• No Differenence in shave quality between one or two days growth

Results are only viewable after voting.
I had to vote no:

My skin seems to prefer daily shaving, and the shaves seem to last longer (less stubble the next day)

I must confess though: the razor's audible feedback is much more satisfying with 2 days of growth!

I voted yes, but I think it's the extra day of skin cell growth that gives a more comfortable satisfying shave.

I say yes.... my best shaves are with 2 to 3 days growth.
I shave so closely that doing it everyday is impractical for me.
My face thanks me too.......

A week ago I let my facial hair grow for 2 days and figured it would be nice and smooth. My face had a lot more irritation so I'm definitely a shave-every-day kind of guy.

I used to take a break from shaving over the weekend when I used a Fusion. It was really a necessity to let my face recover from a week of forced shaves. I always got my best shave on Monday morning then. Now it doesn't matter. As long as I don't get heavy-handed, I don't get irritation even if I shave every day and the closeness is the same whether taking off one day's worth or a few.

A longer beard is softer therefore it shaves easier.

I think this may the right thinking here. I seem to recall reading years ago that as hair gets longer, its shear strength is reduced. I know as hair is exposed to the elements and UV it gets weaker. The effects of UV over a day can't have an effect. Humm.

2 days works best for me....my skin cannot handle shaving everyday. Then again I would go numerous days between shaving before I started wetshaving so my skin was used to that!!

Last edited:
Generally letting my face rest and shaving every other day is most comfortable. I can shave everyday but I may have to restrict myself to 2 passes (no ATG) or else I'll eventually have to rest my face due to irritation. Using razors like the Muhle R41, shaving everyday catches up to you a lot faster.

Top Bottom