What's new

A batch of misc. creams

I was happily surprised by a delivery of fun shave stuff, courtesy of Connaught UK upon my arrival to the home-base. Connaught is great to deal with: fair prices, reasonable and relatively quick shipping to midwest U.S.A. My previous order took 10 days, this one took 8. I have more time than money, so fine by me. Here's what I got:

IMG_0771.jpeg

I did a test lather of each (except Vito's) using a soaked Omega 10066 gently squeezed before moving to a Captain's Choice bowl with roughly 3/4" of cream and going to work lathering it.

Vitos Pre Shave
Aroma: Very similar to Proraso Green Pre/Post shave but less strong and more menthol-forward. Has that certain Noxema undertone to it
Feel: Less cold than Proraso Green and didn't burn after 5 minutes in two test areas
Packaging: Nice big solid plastic tub
Performance: TBD

Proraso Cypress and Vetiver Cream
Aroma: Practically non-existent! If Proraso Green Shave Cream is a 6/10 scent strength, this stuff is a 1/10. The aroma that does exist is very one-dimensional and earthy, like a branch you pulled from fresh damp soil. Not horrible but not exciting to me, whatsoever. I'd love to hear feedback on this, it's possible I received a bad sample
Lather: Pretty friggin amazing! It was super dense and slippery at the same time. Seems to be of very high quality. Fantastic residual slip running a tiny stream of warm water through lathered fingers. Didn't burn after 5 minutes in two test areas
Packaging: It's like a scaled-down version of that bag used in certain medical procedures :D I thought this was going to be too large and obnoxious but it's easier to handle than the standard metal Proraso tubes, and no tuber roller key is required to get all the cream out. The nozzle seems about 25% larger as well so...so a dab'll do ya. The cream is very dense and heavy

Speick Cream
Aroma: My favorite of the lot. Light scent strength, around 4/10, and it smells a whole lot like the matching aftershave lotion but much weaker and less complex
Lather: Hate to sound like a broken record but like Proraso SB....pretty friggin amazing! It was super dense and slippery at the same time. Seems to be of very high quality. Fantastic residual slip running a tiny stream of warm water through lathered fingers. Didn't burn after 5 minutes in two test areas
Packaging: Very nice and easy to handle metal tube. Large cap ensure stability in the cabinet, way better than the standard Proraso metal tube in this regard

LEA Sensitive Cream
Aroma: Medicinal with a woody undertone. Advertised as Sandalwood, but I'm not getting that. 4/10 scent strength
Lather: Not as good as the Proraso and Speick lathers, but maybe it's super sensitive to water and needs less, unsure. Seems of lesser density and slickness compared with Proraso Green shave Cream/Soap. Didn't burn after 5 minutes in two test areas
Packaging: Easy to handle metal tube

All comments/suggestions welcome!

Last edited:
Really great information. Thanks for the reviews and congrats on some nice creams!
Look forward to how they work for you.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Top Bottom