What's new

707th post straight starter PIF

I have enjoyed the kindness of the fine gentlemen of this site, and now it's my turn to give something back!

I started straight shaving about a month ago, and enjoy it that much I will give someone a chance to get started with this wonderful way of shaving!

I made a good deal on some straights and decided to PIF one of them to a member who wants to start with straight shaving.

Here's what you get:

- Nabob 11/16 shave ready straight.
- RupRazor Filly Strop.
- Shaving Cream samples: Geo F. Trumper GFT, Limes and Almond, Queen Charlotte's Lavender.

There are only three simple rules:

- You do not own a straight razor or a strop
- Tell me a little of why you want to try straight razor shaving
- You must have less than 30120 posts when entering

I will let this run until December 19. about 21.00 CET

I will choose the winner using random.org

Because of the weight I will cover shipping in Europe, for the rest of the world I will ask for $5 to cover the extra shipping cost.(Paypal)

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:
Well I guess I will be the first.I do not have a straight or strop.The reason I would like to try a straight is I am curious.I have read so so many people saying that it is the smoothest shave you can get and I would like to find out if it is true and the reason I do not have a straight is because I have maxed out my budget on shaving gear.
Thanks for the opportunity for the chance.

Paul

I do not currently own either a straight or a strop.

I am interested in getting started in straight shaving as it was interest in using a straight that got me started in wetshaving a little under a year ago. Based on the various posts and other information I read, I decided going with a DE to start may be a better course of action for receiving great shaves in a shorter amount of time. I've been using various DEs almost daily since last February, and have vastly enjoyed the journey thus far. The interest in straights has remained in the back of my mind, though. I think I'm ready to engage in the steeper learning curve now!:thumbup1:

Thanks for the amazing PIF! And congrats on your 707th post!:laugh:

I'd like a chance to win this, please.

I've never owned a straight razor or strop, and money is quite tight for me now. I have been DE shaving for a while and like many I started DE shaving for the cost benefits, but almost immediately was astonished by the closeness of the shave and the luxury of wetshaving.

I see the biggest reason to move from DE shaving to SR/CT shaving is because without a safety bar, it's just a man and a blade, no pulling, just cutting. Moving from a cart razor to a DE razor has me convinced that less pulling equals a better shave.

Thanks for the opportunity.
Teddy

I would also like a chance at this:)

There are only three simple rules:

- You do not own a straight razor or a strop
"I do not own or have ever owned a straight razor or strop."

- Tell me a little of why you want to try straight razor shaving.
"I am new to DE or wet shaving and fell in love, but have read the straight razor is the best and smoothest.
Me being me, I want to try the best, can't say much about being smooth though:)

- You must have less than 30120 posts when entering.
"This one I am going to just barely squeeze by if I slow down on posting for a few days, LOL".

Wow, great PIF, I would like to be considered. I do not own a straight or a strop and will gladly pay the extra for shipping.
I would like to try a straight razor because I have been using a DE for the past 6 - 8 months or so, and I have tried 3-4 different varieties of DE's with good and not so good experiences. Now I would like to try to take my shaving experience to the next level, and I have read that straights give the best shaves.

thanks,

Thanks for the PIF! I would like to try a straight because the shave is supposed to be so good. They intimidate me a little because I have a minor "shake" and I am worried that I am going to cut my head off. Due to this, I don't own either a straight or a strop. I also think the process is a challenge, but the ritual necessary to maintain the razor and to shave would be quite calming and rewarding.

Please include me in your generous PIF! I do not, nor have ever owned a straight razor or strop.

I've been fascinated with the concept of shaving with a straight razor ever since I wandered into the straight razor section of B&B. They look cool, the purported results sound like just the thing for me, and it seems like a great way to learn one of the historical manly arts.

Thanks for the chance!

GREAT PIF....I would love to enter this. I have long been intrigued by the straight razor method of shaving, more as a hobby than a daily thing. I think it's the simple fact of it being so dangerous and nerve wracking at first that would make it so wonderful to say I have tackled and accomplished it.

Maybe i'll actually win....=)

I would like to be considered for this very very generous PIF!

I do not own a straight or a strop. The reason I want to try one is I have developed a lot of curiousity for trying a straight after moving to DE shaving..a kind of fascination..something that would give me inclusion in the exclusive club.. I think I would love the whole experience.

Please count me in. I've been DE shaving for about 3 months now and have for the last month felt as though I've finally mastered the art. I think it's time to step it up and try the apex of shaving. Good luck everyone.

After getting my first ever wet shave in Turkey, I bought a replaceable-blade razor similar to the one that had been used on me in the barber shop. I don't think that is what you refer to as a straight, so I'm hoping it doesn't disqualify me!

I would love to learn to shave with a straight razor, as I think it would really suit my infrequent shaves, which hate cartridge shaving.

After getting my first ever wet shave in Turkey, I bought a replaceable-blade razor similar to the one that had been used on me in the barber shop. I don't think that is what you refer to as a straight, so I'm hoping it doesn't disqualify me!

I would love to learn to shave with a straight razor, as I think it would really suit my infrequent shaves, which hate cartridge shaving.

You're in buddy!

I'm in too... I have always wanted to try a straight but never acted on it... mostly due to cost. I'd like to give it a shot, it would be a new challenge for me... I like challenges...

I'd like to get in on this too. I think what attracts me to straight razor shaving is the fact that even with everyday usage, as long as the proper care is put into maintaining the razor it has potential to outlive me. I like things with character and a story.

Sign me up, please. I've been using a DE for the last year or so and am being slowly drawn toward straights...the directness of the shave attracts me. I like open comb razors and very sharp blades, as it seems to me to be much easier and safer to know exactly where the blade is...seems like a straight is the ultimate destination on that road.

But actually taking the plunge has eluded me, as I can see my wife's reaction to yet another razor....

Last edited:
I'd love to be in the running for this PIF!

I want to try SE shaving because I feel there is more art to it than other methods of shaving. Its a skill I would love to try, I just need a bump in the right direction. I do not have a straight or a strop, nor have I ever.

I would also be more than happy to help pay for shipping to the US.

Top Bottom