What's new

707th post straight starter PIF

Please count me in. I've never owned a straight razor or strop. The more I read about straight shaving on the forum, the more interested I am to try it out for myself. The only thing that has held me back is the cost involved, as money is tight.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Last edited:
I'd love to be considered for the PIF :biggrin1:

My only razor experience is with a Parker Shavette, so a step up to the big league would be very appreciated before the holidays.

I'd like to try straight shaving because:
- It's darn cool.
- The shaves you get is better than with a razor (atleast according to the guys at the straigt razor section :lol: )
- I got 3 weeks off from school this holiday, which will allow any cuts to heal before i start school. I don't want to get the nickname Scarface :blushing:
- Det er sabla tøft.

Thanks for the great PIF!

I would love to be considered for this. I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to acquire a straight through some of the very generous PIFs offered by other members.

I want to try straight shaving for many of the same reasons that I started wet shaving, namely that it is a connection to traditional gentlemanly ways of doing things, and, as a bonus, a much more enjoyable shaving ritual. Plus, a straight is as far back into shaving history as I care to delve, lest I attempt to acheive BBS with a sharp bit of flint :idea:

Still almost a week left!

Just say a few words about why you want to try straights, and you can get yourself a nice little christmas gift.

And best of all: SWMBO can't complain, it won't cost you more than max $5

Count me in!

First off, what a great offer, thank you! Somebody will be incredibly happy with this. Secondly, I have been interested in straight shaving for a while. There is something inherently masculine about it and I wont be able to die a happy man until I have at least given it a go. I've considered taking the plunge for about 2 years now but have never pulled the trigger as the initial investment is pretty steep for where I am at financially right now. Good luck to everyone!

I'm in. I do not have a straight or anything to go with it. I have been thinking of getting into shaving with one, I think this would be a great way to give it a go!

Count me in!

I've started wet shaving about a year ago. I've solely used a safety razor. I've been loving it and I would like to try a different approach to it. The last time I saw a straight razor working "live" was probably when I was 18 (I'm 39 now). My grandfather, who has already passed away, had one and I really enjoyed watching him shave. Some time ago, I tried to find his old stuff... it was all gone. :angry:
I've never won a single thing in a PIF. I have to be sincere: a spent a couple of days trying to understand what it was! (English is not my native language!)
If you want to accept this as a reason to have the pleasure (I hope!) of using a straight razor, I would be thankful.

Count me in!

I've started wet shaving about a year ago. I've solely used a safety razor. I've been loving it and I would like to try a different approach to it. The last time I saw a straight razor working "live" was probably when I was 18 (I'm 39 now). My grandfather, who has already passed away, had one and I really enjoyed watching him shave. Some time ago, I tried to find his old stuff... it was all gone. :angry:
I've never won a single thing in a PIF. I have to be sincere: a spent a couple of days trying to understand what it was! (English is not my native language!)
If you want to accept this as a reason to have the pleasure (I hope!) of using a straight razor, I would be thankful.

More than good enough reason :001_smile

When I first started DE shaving I tried to find my grandfather's old stuff, all we found was a brush, the rest had been thrown away.
But today she called med and said she had found one of his old straights, according to her it looked to be in pretty good shape, she's bringing it to me this weekend, I really hope it is possible to get it to shave again :001_cool:

Wow this looks like a great PIF! I would like to enter. :)
I would really like to try straight shaving because it seems like one of the most sophisticated and skillful things a gentleman can participate in. I am really trying to become an educated and cultured person, and the type of man that my future children will respect and admire. I'd like to stand out in some way from all those other dads. I'm not even married yet, but these are the things I think about.

Count me in!
I have never tried one and from what I have read it may be a bit more effective at getting rid of the razor wire that grows on my face.
Thanks for the pif

I currently do not own a Straight or Strop. I would like in.

About 6 months ago I did own a straight razor, cut myself really bad due to the fact I had not practice and very little knowledge of the technique required for a good shave. After that bad cut I quickly gave my straight a strop away to a friend. I think I would like to give a straight razor one more try.

Best of luck to all, and Happy Holidays.

I would love to be considered for this.

I have never owned a straight or a strop and have been dying to try one because it seems like a fantastically interesting skill to have and a great way to get a high quality shave! That being said, I blew my (admittedly small) student budget for razors on various DEs. I haven't been able to find a shave ready straight fitting into my budget and don't want to start out by trying to learn how to hone in addition to learning to shave with a straight.

I think my budget can certainly handle the $5 shipping if I was to win though, and I certainly appreciate you and everyone else on B&B's great holiday generosity!

Last edited:
I would love to try a straight. I dont currently own a straight, just 2 de's. I like how it is classic and macho looking.

Post #22 -Pontoppidan congratulations!

Thanks to everyone who have participated, have a merry Chistmas and a happy new year!

Below you can see a printscreen of the draw, I don't want anyone to think this didn't go on fair since we're both Norwegian.

Wow, just wow! :thumbup:

I don't really know how to express my gratitude. Thanks a million, Zephyr! :thumbup:

Expect my newbie quesions in the straight forum in the coming weeks :blush:

Top Bottom