What's new

I got this for a song on the bay, in fact I came across it just a couple minutes before it ended and placed a bid more or less just for fun, and to my surprice I won.
I didn't expect much of it as the pics was a bit blurry, and it was hard to tell how good or bad condition it was in, my surprise was then even bigger when it arrived and turned out to be literally NOS, it had no signs og being honed what so ever, probably just been lying around in a drawer somewhere for a few decades :biggrin1:

Enough chit chat, here it is:

Giesen & Forsthoff 666, Adoration De Luxe, measures a tad under 7/8.

The blade had some rust and light pitting and was buffed from 320 greaseless up to jewellers rouge, I re-blued the tang (thanks Glen) and repainted the text. My original plan was to fill in all the paint, but parts of the engravings was too shallow to keep the paint when wiping off the excess, I could probably have hand painted it but decided that it was good enough :001_cool:

The scales was quite warped so I straightened them using steam, then they where then cleaned thoroughly, lightly sanded and buffed.

Pinned with NiAg pins and the original collars.

Before:

proxy.php

After:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Beautiful cleanup and a very nice razor. Congrats!! I surrrre would like to have it :biggrin1:

Jim

LOL, I play video games with a guy named Venom, and we used to play with a guy named Satyricon before he passed.

That is a gorgeous razor. I'm currently working on an Adoration Ax, but I *know* it won't look that nice when I'm done. I love it, though, it's a great shaver.

I'm stealing your pics to add to my very small straight razor folder. When I say small, I mean less than 10 pics. I'm going to keep an eye out for one, too. Good thing it's not your wife, cause I certainly covet that blade!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
What an amazing transformation!

Are you sure it isn't the rarer 999?

Thanks all, it was great fun doing this one I'm really enjoying the original restorations these days.

Are you sure it isn't the rarer 999?

Well, it could be....... but in that case it's very rare I still haven't found a refrence to other than 666, plus that the direction of the stamps on all the other G&F models I have seen makes it 666.

Ahh, I get it, you are pulling my leg aren't you :biggrin1:

Top Bottom