What's new

5 Over-Rated Wet Shaving Products – With Better Alternatives

Guinness Draught. Light "beers" are for people who don't like beer.
Lord I've had so many different beers. End of the day I can't keep drinking them for whatever reason and go back to the old standby domestics high life and Miller lites. There's something about simplicity that just pleases me to the point where I just stopped buying 8% microbrews all together. Wet shaving is not too different. Will I really enjoy that 20 dollar soap that smells like 30 different things just to think it smells "complex" or will an ARKO shave get me a bbs shave and leave me feeling clean and smooth.

Not a fan of the Futur myself. The razor hangs out in a drawer. I really like the clones of the of the Futur. They all seem to start much milder than the Merkur product, which I really prefer. My worst cut was with a Futur. So, in my view, the Futur is overrated. I wouldn't call MdC overrated, but perhaps over priced? Also, since I prefer the milder razors, the R41 isn't my favorite either. I think the headline of calling them "overrated" is simply clickbait. We've grown so accustomed to it online and on the air. It's really nothing new:

You just sent me down a Kentucky Fried Movie rabbit hole. Ended up watching a 30 vid with John Landis on its making. God I loved that movie that for whatever reason is impossible to find.
Who can ever forget "Teenage Catholic School Girls in Trouble" !

You just sent me down a Kentucky Fried Movie rabbit hole. Ended up watching a 30 vid with John Landis on its making. God I loved that movie that for whatever reason is impossible to find.
Who can ever forget "Teenage Catholic School Girls in Trouble" !
You have our gratitude.

I love the fact that a thread on over/under rated shaving items turned into a beer discussion.
You all are like my Brothers from different Mothers.
Staples: Sam, PBR, Guinness, Harpoon
I really enjoy sours, check them out if you want something different and “underrated”.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I love the fact that a thread on over/under rated shaving items turned into a beer discussion.
You all are like my Brothers from different Mothers.
Staples: Sam, PBR, Guinness, Harpoon
I really enjoy sours, check them out if you want something different and “underrated”.
I'm glad that self appointed thread police-person @Tanuki ain't here to point out the thread derailer that has elevated it to an art form doggone!

After reading through the third page of posts I was readying a reply praising the sanctity of personal preference when it comes to grooming, and to possiblly add my personal preference for many products cited as so abhorrent to so many.

But after reading to here I think I'll go with:
"Hangovers are to drinkers as weepers are to ... traditional shaving enthusiasts."

"Why", you ask? I'll tell you ...
Both are strictly the result of doing it wrong.

Yeah ... What rails?

If you aren't shaving with Guinness you're missing out. Two birds, one stout.
1615064562891.png

Those strong beers sure sneak up on me. I was at a Thanksgiving gathering and was enjoying some Elesian Space Dust at just over 8.2% alcohol and after 3, with some bud lights mixed in to slow things down, I was feeling very good. Thankfully I didn't embarrass myself too bad lol.

I love Spacedust. The first time I enjoyed it, I didn’t know its alcohol content. After my standard dose of three pints, I was astonished at how I felt when I stood up to leave...now I know better.

Top Bottom