What's new

5 Over-Rated Wet Shaving Products – With Better Alternatives

This thread illustrates why B&B is a great forum. Our opinions differ markedly and we don't don't cancel folks for having contrary or unpopular opinions. I've never been a beer drinker and I can still post here; when I drink it's usually whiskey. We can also use obscure terms like shivviness, and remain.

For me, what's often overrated is to equate newness with higher quality, and what's underrated is that familiarity or commonness equates to lesser quality. Acknowledging the contrary, just because something is tried and true doesn't mean there can't be improvements. Open minds and open hearts characterize our little group. And from what I read above, lots of beer guzzling.

Yeah, this is such a YMMV kinda "hobby" we all have. I'm sure lots of folks think my favorite blade (GSB) are overrated, but they are the blade I measure all others against.

Most people strongly dislike the smell of Arko. I happen to think it's one of it's biggest selling points!

+1 for the blades. Never tried Arko, though.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Ha. Agreed For guitars. I love my Les Paul. 👍

As a bass player predominantly, it is definitely Fender over Gibson IMO though.
Whatever guitar is the one being played on the Bob Seger recording of "Like a Rock" is the greatest guitar ever made.

FarmerTan

Segar played a Fender Telecaster most of the time IIRC when he played electric.

I can’t listen to Like a Rock anymore and I blame General Motors 100%. 😜
I've got a story about that song, but I'm not at liberty to tell it!

But he made a LOT of money off of those commercials my friend.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Absolutely agree on shaving and beer, but there is actually a right answer on guitars, which is Gibson :)

As good as a Gibson guitar can be, that company has turned into a joke recently, frivolously suing every other guitar company that makes any guitar shape slightly resembling their models. Putting out videos spouting their litigious agenda. Bullying small artisan builders. It’s a shame what the new management has done to their reputation. I own and have owned a large number of Gibson guitars and basses. But I can’t see myself ever buying another one. It’s at the point where I can’t play a Gibson on stage or in a video any more. Sad really. Some Gibsons have that special magic mojo. (Getting off the soap box now.)

FarmerTan

As good as a Gibson guitar can be, that company has turned into a joke recently, frivolously suing every other guitar company that makes any guitar shape slightly resembling their models. Putting out videos spouting their litigious agenda. Bullying small artisan builders. It’s a shame what the new management has done to their reputation. I own and have owned a large number of Gibson guitars and basses. But I can’t see myself ever buying another one. It’s at the point where I can’t play a Gibson on stage or in a video any more. Sad really. Some Gibsons have that special magic mojo. (Getting off the soap box now.)
Are they the ones that started out in Kalamazoo?

Top Bottom