What's new

3D Floating Head DE Razor- Gillette Super Click on a Kai-Xfit 3D

After the success of my Super Click on Gillette Fusion with Flexball technology, I wanted to try another such idea on a different razor. The Kai Xfit 3D is an interesting all plastic razor that has carts that plug into a rubber ring. Thus you can move the cart in every direction. It is a 4 blade razor that offers a very good shave.

However, this purpose of this is to convert it to DE! My v1 actually works pretty well on the easy to access places above the jaw. Below the jaw, space gets pretty tight and the angle of the cart/blade and handle start having geometry issues with the neck. I'll try lining up the top of the Super Click with the top of the cart to see if things will get better. Maybe it is to be, maybe not.

A fun little experiment either way, although the first shave with these constructed razors are a bit nerve wracking. Will I accidentally kill myself?!? Lol

Attachments

• IMG_5581 - Copy.jpeg
    IMG_5581 - Copy.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5585 - Copy.jpeg
    IMG_5585 - Copy.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5582 - Copy.jpeg
    IMG_5582 - Copy.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5580 - Copy.jpeg
    IMG_5580 - Copy.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 32
I modified the Super Click to have its top line up with the top of the cart (it as the opposite previouisly) . With Bic CP it is like a magic eraser on the cheeks. Rubbery and makes things disappear. It also works on the neck, but the angle of the head, neck, hand and handle have some issues. I might cut the handle down a bit for more maneuverability.

Kind of a fun toy, and really quite effective on the cheeks.

If Yaki does the price will be down. The only way to stop Chinese Pirates, is with CHINESE PATENT. Then KopyKates get bad thing happening to em.

Don’t mind them copying old models that are decades out of production, but copying brand new artisan models is distasteful, even if it is legal in their country.

Sorry ErkRussel, don’t want to hijack your thread.

Cutting the down a bit helped, but the the geometry just does not work with the Super Click head.

However, the X-fit is a unique design, all shavers should check it out. Seems there is a $5 shaving kit on Amazon that has it. Check it out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom