What's new

3 Piece Equivalent of a 40's Super Speed

The first DE razor I ever owned that gave me a good shave was a 1940's Super Speed. It was so easy to use. I was 21 in 2006 and eventually sold it and now wish I hadn't.

I'm just curious if there is a 3 piece vintage Gillette razor that is comparable to the TTO Super Speed. I'd like another SS but don't really trust the mechanism to hold up long-term and would rather match the SS shave with a 3 piece razor if possible.

I appreciate any suggestions. 🍻

lasta

Blade Biter
The first DE razor I ever owned that gave me a good shave was a 1940's Super Speed. It was so easy to use. I was 21 in 2006 and eventually sold it and now wish I hadn't.

I'm just curious if there is a 3 piece vintage Gillette razor that is comparable to the TTO Super Speed. I'd like another SS but don't really trust the mechanism to hold up long-term and would rather match the SS shave with a 3 piece razor if possible.

I appreciate any suggestions. 🍻
Tech would be my closest guess.

But TBH, Super Speeds are pretty durable, I wouldn't worry too much about parts failing.

There's plenty of SS and Rocket users around on these forums, they have proven to be sufficiently dureable - so this shouldn't really be a concern.

As said above, a Tech comes close. I actually prefer it over my Rocket HD.

3 piece razors are also alot easier to clean.

You will not find an equivalent. I always find a difference in how Gillette TTOs shave vs. their 3 piece razors. It is the clamping points. Also the bending and the gap and exposure. While you can ride the cap with the Tech as many users do here, it will be harder to achieve with their TTOs. That is the main difference between a Super-Speed and a Tech. With the TTOs you will need a closer to neutral angle.

Top Bottom