0. dfoulk - in possession
1. Ashcampbell
3. Rockclimber
4. oteixeira
5. NickMach007
8. dangerousdon
14. InNae
16. back to dfoulk for cleanup

Editing from my phone, so hopefully I added myself to spot 5...That should give me plenty of time to hit 150 posts. Thanks!

I'm surprised this did not fill up quicker. Is everyone on summer vacation?

It'll fill up. The problem with these passarounds is that I'm likely my own competition. The soap sample passaround is pretty appealing and likely does take some people from this one. With this one we get a lot of the same guys that have done this one before. It's pretty cool because you don't know what's going to be in the box until you get it and you do get to trade some soaps. So you might get to experience several you've never tried before and you can keep them if you add something else. The dialogue in the thread is usually fun and entertaining as well.

I havnt participated since the first one but bought some recommended soaps for the pass around. I've got 3 soaps that are no longer being produced. I wonder how many I'll put in the box? :)

I havnt participated since the first one but bought some recommended soaps for the pass around. I've got 3 soaps that are no longer being produced. I wonder how many I'll put in the box? :)

I threw a limited edition soap in there that I absolutely love the scent of but it slightly irritates my face. I wish it worked for me but my loss will be someone else's gain. There's a couple soaps that I hadn't even tried in there as well. The box is in very good shape right now. Dr. Jon added some samples that say Dr. Jon's Cream, so maybe a new shave cream that's in the works as well. I didn't find it on his web site yet.

I threw a limited edition soap in there that I absolutely love the scent of but it slightly irritates my face. I wish it worked for me but my loss will be someone else's gain. There's a couple soaps that I hadn't even tried in there as well. The box is in very good shape right now. Dr. Jon added some samples that say Dr. Jon's Cream, so maybe a new shave cream that's in the works as well. I didn't find it on his web site yet.

The cream is in the works and will be out before the end of the year, we just moved into our new shop so we have a bunch of stuff in the works. Next month the new soap formula and the solid colognes come out, after that we have beard products and pre-shave. Lots of new stuff coming. Feedback on the cream would be great so I know what changes I need to make.

The cream is in the works and will be out before the end of the year, we just moved into our new shop so we have a bunch of stuff in the works. Next month the new soap formula and the solid colognes come out, after that we have beard products and pre-shave. Lots of new stuff coming. Feedback on the cream would be great so I know what changes I need to make.

Thanks Jon, I already have a sample of the cream on the counter to try before I send the box off. I wasn't going to let that one get away from me. I'll likely try it today or tomorrow and report back.

I am so excited to get back into this, it has been almost 2 years since I last participated. It seems crazy, but even in just that short time a ton of vendors have come or gone, and I am sure a LOT of what I see will be new to me. Thanks again for handling this David/Christian.

I'm very excited to do this again! I'm taking the last spot so that I'll be able to buy some new soaps in January before the box comes. Plus there'll be maximum turnover for me.

Thanks for setting up another round David and Christian.

1. Ashcampbell
3. Rockclimber
4. oteixeira
8. dangerousdon
14. InNae
15. bobmsp

I'm very excited to do this again! I'm taking the last spot so that I'll be able to buy some new soaps in January before the box comes. Plus there'll be maximum turnover for me.

Thanks for setting up another round David and Christian.

1. Ashcampbell
2. sskim3
3. Rockclimber
4. oteixeira
8. dangerousdon
14. InNae
15. bobmsp

I used the DR. Jon's Shaving Cream today and enjoyed it. I'm afraid that I might not be too much help in critiquing it though as I'm a soap guy and not so much a shaving cream guy.

I always find soaps to be superior as I like the lather that I get from a soap much better than that I get from a cream.

First off, the scent I'm not sure how to describe but it smelled manly and I enjoyed it. Something in the lines of the scent of RazoRock Mudder Focker but a little softer. The scent was enjoyable and strong enough to be noticeable throughout the shave. Well done there, it's nice.

The lather was nice and thick but not as thick as I get from a soap. As I made it thicker it started drying out so I added more water and it slickened back up. The window for water wasn't as wide as I get with a soap I didn't expect it to be. Overall it was very protective and served me well.

The slickness was there but I'd like it to be a little slicker. Even when I added more water and it slickened up I'd still prefer a slightly slicker version. Overall it was adequate and on par with most other shave creams I've tried but it would benefit from some increased slickness to make it exceptional.

Moisturizing was very good and my face felt great after the shave. This didn't surprise me at all having used Jon's soaps and knowing that this is a quality he enjoys. So high marks here.

To give you some point of reference, I recently participated in a TOBS Aloe Shave Cream review where I was sent a large sample of the cream and I had to share my thoughts. I thought the TOBs cream was slightly above average in comparing it to the soaps I use but the cream reviewers raved about how great it was and how it was a must buy.

Creams just fall short for me. They are wasted on me as I'm way too picky and my standards are way too high. I can tell you that this Dr. Jon's cream was every bit as good as the TOB's Cream that everyone raved about. In fact I liked it a good deal better.

So for me I'll stick with soaps. I'd recommend some added slickness to really put it over the top and I think the Shaving Cream guys will absolutely love it.

David,

Great review. I also have issues with creams not being as....I would say luxurious, as a hard soap/croap. I have tried AOS sandlewood (I still have some, from a small sample size tube they sell), and it just falls short compared to hard soap. That being said, I would guess anyone that likes cream would love what Dr. Jon has provided with this new cream, based on your review.

0. dfoulk - in possession[/COLOR]
1. Ashcampbell
2. sskim3
3. Rockclimber
4. oteixeira
5. NickMach007
8. dangerousdon
14. InNae
15. bobmsp
[/INDENT]

Thought I added myself before, but maybe I messed something up doing out from phone. I'll try again. Thanks!

1. Ashcampbell
2. sskim3
3. Rockclimber
4. oteixeira
5. NickMach007
8. dangerousdon
9. Nyquistrate
14. InNae
15. bobmsp

I used the DR. Jon's Shaving Cream today and enjoyed it. I'm afraid that I might not be too much help in critiquing it though as I'm a soap guy and not so much a shaving cream guy.

I always find soaps to be superior as I like the lather that I get from a soap much better than that I get from a cream.

First off, the scent I'm not sure how to describe but it smelled manly and I enjoyed it. Something in the lines of the scent of RazoRock Mudder Focker but a little softer. The scent was enjoyable and strong enough to be noticeable throughout the shave. Well done there, it's nice.

The lather was nice and thick but not as thick as I get from a soap. As I made it thicker it started drying out so I added more water and it slickened back up. The window for water wasn't as wide as I get with a soap I didn't expect it to be. Overall it was very protective and served me well.

The slickness was there but I'd like it to be a little slicker. Even when I added more water and it slickened up I'd still prefer a slightly slicker version. Overall it was adequate and on par with most other shave creams I've tried but it would benefit from some increased slickness to make it exceptional.

Moisturizing was very good and my face felt great after the shave. This didn't surprise me at all having used Jon's soaps and knowing that this is a quality he enjoys. So high marks here.

To give you some point of reference, I recently participated in a TOBS Aloe Shave Cream review where I was sent a large sample of the cream and I had to share my thoughts. I thought the TOBs cream was slightly above average in comparing it to the soaps I use but the cream reviewers raved about how great it was and how it was a must buy.

Creams just fall short for me. They are wasted on me as I'm way too picky and my standards are way too high. I can tell you that this Dr. Jon's cream was every bit as good as the TOB's Cream that everyone raved about. In fact I liked it a good deal better.

So for me I'll stick with soaps. I'd recommend some added slickness to really put it over the top and I think the Shaving Cream guys will absolutely love it.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll be totally honest and say I am not a regular cream user either, I actually only keep TOBS in the house.

Just a heads up, I will be sending a tin or two of the new formula soap to add to the pass around in the next week or so. I was going to make the first batch of the new recipe in the new tins yesterday but Kim said she will kill me if I make anything before we are done setting up the new shop.

Top Bottom