What's new

2024 Summer Soaps

I am still new, so I won't pretend to know a world of scents to choose from so I definitely appreciate this post, however, I am starting to plan my summer lineup and currently I am at:

Gentleman's Nod - Finca Vigia
Zingari Man - The Brewer
PAA - Pineapple Bay Rum

Is the Seaforth Lime really deserving of all the hype? I had heard so many good things about it even prior to this post and it seems like it has people rallying behind it even on this post. I have never used their base, how does it stack up to the big time bases?
“Seaforth Sea Lime…” really is a wonderful, unique scent that just screams SUMMER. 😎🌞

Their base is just as good as any other artisan’s on the market. 👍🏻

(They offer a very limited range of soaps, and release new ones infrequently. I believe they just released a new one a couple of weeks ago.)

I gotta add Stirling Island Man, really nice and mellow... not too in your face if you catch my drift.
Zingari has quite a few: The Nomad, The Navigator, The Highlander(Another sample that I fell for... could be a year round scent)...
Gentleman's Nod: Bluegrass Muse, Ernest, and Calabria

I gotta add Stirling Island Man, really nice and mellow... not too in your face if you catch my drift.
Zingari has quite a few: The Nomad, The Navigator, The Highlander(Another sample that I fell for... could be a year round scent)...
Gentleman's Nod: Bluegrass Muse, Ernest, and Calabria
Your post on Zingari just reminded me of another PERFECT summer soap of theirs - “The Socialite.”

HORRIBLE name, but smells just like a photorealistic iced lime margarita. Delicious! 😊👍🏻

From my only shave, sometimes I get a whiff of pineapple, then some grapefruit and then a citrusy IPA from the tub. I'm thinking The Brewer should be a top summer 2024 soap based on the scent. But that's just IMO. :thumbup:
I bought the whole line of the scent. Soap, splash, and extrait. I usually don’t buy without smelling first but my store didn’t have this one yet. Zingari man though is my second brand so I took the chance. Wholly Kaw is still holding my number 1 slot.

I am still new, so I won't pretend to know a world of scents to choose from so I definitely appreciate this post, however, I am starting to plan my summer lineup and currently I am at:

Gentleman's Nod - Finca Vigia
Zingari Man - The Brewer
PAA - Pineapple Bay Rum

Is the Seaforth Lime really deserving of all the hype? I had heard so many good things about it even prior to this post and it seems like it has people rallying behind it even on this post. I have never used their base, how does it stack up to the big time bases?
I have the ice version of their lime that was released in 2023. You can still find on third party sites such as pasteur’s pharmacy and the razor company. I absolutely love it and just ordered their new Roman scent. The base provides a nice slick shave and whips up a good lather easily. I do not believe the ice used their highland base but from reviews, it’s even better. I will update the thread on performance when I get the Roman.

Let us know what you think of the 42 when you get it, I know I have had my eye of that. I’m also waiting for grooming dept’s release of the pineapple rum next week.
It's ok. I don't love it. I'm not really into the smell of tea despite mainlining breakfast tea all day. The other smells in there don't really appeal. With Seville, I find myself walking through and opening the tub during the day to get a whiff, but not with 42. I'm glad I got a sample though. Now I don't have to worry every summer when they release it. Tons of other soaps to be excited about.

It's ok. I don't love it. I'm not really into the smell of tea despite mainlining breakfast tea all day. The other smells in there don't really appeal. With Seville, I find myself walking through and opening the tub during the day to get a whiff, but not with 42. I'm glad I got a sample though. Now I don't have to worry every summer when they release it. Tons of other soaps to be excited about.
Lol, well I took a shot and ordered the whole scent line in the 42 as well, soap splash, and edt. Hopefully the scent is more appealing to me as I usually don’t order without smelling first. Unfortunately, my shop that I go to did not have this on hand to take a whiff.

Does anyone know why grooming dept pushed their release date back ? Was hoping to add the pineapple rum to this list.

I’m a Barrister guy but Brewer hits a ton of good notes and performance is up there as well.
IMG_4086.jpeg

Lol, well I took a shot and ordered the whole scent line in the 42 as well, soap splash, and edt. Hopefully the scent is more appealing to me as I usually don’t order without smelling first. Unfortunately, my shop that I go to did not have this on hand to take a whiff.
I’m a fan of this scent and hope you like it. Just used it yesterday and really enjoyed it.

I’m a fan of this scent and hope you like it. Just used it yesterday and really enjoyed it.
People seem to love it. I’m kinda bummed I didn’t. No bother! Lots of other soaps out there to try.

I actually mashed it in with a sample of Stirling coconut lime, which was fine but I’ve been getting off shave recently but have been changing so many variables that the problem was hard to pin down. I face lathered the mix and got immediate burning. Now I’m trying to work out if my face didn’t like the B&M 42 or the coconut lime. I really don’t want the Stirling to be the problem because I love that one.

People seem to love it. I’m kinda bummed I didn’t. No bother! Lots of other soaps out there to try.

I actually mashed it in with a sample of Stirling coconut lime, which was fine but I’ve been getting off shave recently but have been changing so many variables that the problem was hard to pin down. I face lathered the mix and got immediate burning. Now I’m trying to work out if my face didn’t like the B&M 42 or the coconut lime. I really don’t want the Stirling to be the problem because I love that one.
42 is a unique scent and definitely not for everyone. That coconut lime sounds good. I noticed that the prior formulation might have some irritants in it as I saw a note on the Stirling website.

42 is a unique scent and definitely not for everyone. That coconut lime sounds good. I noticed that the prior formulation might have some irritants in it as I saw a note on the Stirling website.

I bought the sample this spring so I’d assume that it would be the new formulation, but can’t be sure. When I got the redness it was face lathering in the middle of the day after I’d had a rough shave that morning with a fair amount of irritation, so it’s possible that any soap or cream would have irritated my face. I face lathered again the next day and it was fine. Hoping that was the reason. I really do like it.

Top Bottom