What's new

2009 MLB Playoffs

I really hope they keep Pierzynski. He is a very smart player who goes to battle every day. Although he is slow, he is actually a good base runner and is fundamentally sound (must be from coming up with the Twins). Flowers is probably at least a year away defensively. Although I think he could hit in the Bigs now, he needs to mature as a game caller and needs to work on his defense. His future may be as a DH and not as a catcher.

I love AJP too. He's clutch and smart as you say...plus he's not afraid to throw some punches if needed. He's a perfect player for Ozzie. :biggrin:

The one player I would not mind seeing hit the road is Alexei Ramirez...so horrible in the field and streaky at the plate. He can't speak a word of English and it causes so many problems on the field.

Beckham was a SS in the minors, so he could shift over and we could pick up a new 3B. I was hoping we would keep Crede over Fields, but the wrong choice was made there.

I love AJP too. He's clutch and smart as you say...plus he's not afraid to throw some punches if needed. He's a perfect player for Ozzie. :biggrin:

The one player I would not mind seeing hit the road is Alexei Ramirez...so horrible in the field and streaky at the plate. He can't speak a word of English and it causes so many problems on the field.

Beckham was a SS in the minors, so he could shift over and we could pick up a new 3B. I was hoping we would keep Crede over Fields, but the wrong choice was made there.

I am not a huge Ramirez fan either. He has loads of talent but lacks fundamentals. They could play Beckham at short and bring up Dayan Viciedo to play 3rd. Viciedo is very young (20) but he is definitely the real deal!

I would imagine that they could get some good young talent in return for Ramirez.

I am not a huge Ramirez fan either. He has loads of talent but lacks fundamentals. They could play Beckham at short and bring up Dayan Viciedo to play 3rd. Viciedo is very young (20) but he is definitely the real deal!

I would imagine that they could get some good young talent in return for Ramirez.

Yeah, Boston is always looking for a new replacement-bum shortstop.

Should have kept Orlando Cabrera...

The Dodgers are going to have to play perfect baseball to pull out of this one.

I thought of a new drinking game: Every time Joe Buck or Tim McCarver makes a mistake without correcting themselves take a drink. Add one drink each inning. At least the umpire that blew those two calls came out and owned it. I can't count the times these two guys will name the wrong player at the plate or a position and just keep going like nothing happened...

Top Bottom