What's new

2009 MLB Playoffs

ahem...
"I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was the student, now *I* am the master." -Darth "Babe" Vader

And if the Dodgers win, Torre can tell the Steinbrenners, "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

BOS at LAA: I say the Red Sox take this in three (sweep). A lot of people have suggested this may be the end of the Red Sox reign over the Angels, but I doubt it. Lester and Beckett will be going in Boston. Also, Lackey will be going in Boston, and we all know how he has fared there.

Let's revisit these predictions. :biggrin:

Even though my team (White Sox) missed the postseason, I can take great joy in seeing Boston get embarrassed and eliminated. :biggrin:

Now onto rooting against the Phillies. Living a couple of hours from Philly, I can't stand their fans.

Doesn't matter who makes it from the NL, I don't see anyone stopping the Yankees this season.

Buster,
It is interesting how many can't do teams fans go on supporting the Yankees. The Mets, the White Sox etc. etc.
The Yankess can and will be stopped. We proved it twice biggrin1:

Congrats to the Angels, Now do it to the Yankees!!!

As a Yankees fan, I wanted Boston to take that series. There is something special about Yankees vs. Red Sox in the playoffs. Plus, I wanted revenge for the 2004 ALCS. We'll just have to take it out on the Angels, instead.

As a Yankees fan, I wanted Boston to take that series. There is something special about Yankees vs. Red Sox in the playoffs. Plus, I wanted revenge for the 2004 ALCS. We'll just have to take it out on the Angels, instead.

Me too for different reasons of course. There is nothing like a Yankees vs. Red Sox series. :cryin:

Even though my team (White Sox) missed the postseason, I can take great joy in seeing Boston get embarrassed and eliminated. :biggrin:

Alright...another White Sox fan! :w00t: The White Sox have the foundation for a really good starting staff and they have some exciting young players already here (Beckham, Ramirez, Getz) and some on the way (Vicedo, Jordan Danks). If Ken Williams resists the temptation to sign broken down veterans I like their chances next season.

Buster,
It is interesting how many can't do teams fans go on supporting the Yankees. The Mets, the White Sox etc. etc.
The Yankess can and will be stopped. We proved it twice biggrin1:

Why should we trust your predictions?

For the record, I'm not supporting the Yankees now, but I know good (dominant) baseball when I see it and can appreciate their roster.

Last edited:
Alright...another White Sox fan! :w00t: The White Sox have the foundation for a really good starting staff and they have some exciting young players already here (Beckham, Ramirez, Getz) and some on the way (Vicedo, Jordan Danks). If Ken Williams resists the temptation to sign broken down veterans I like their chances next season.

Absolutely, they'll be much improved next season. Beckham will be a huge star in the future. Don't forget Tyler Flowers, a catcher prospect who came up late in the year and is part of the future. The rotation will be one of the best in baseball with Peavy, Buehrle, Garcia seems to have returned to form, Danks and Floyd. I'm predicting Jenks will be gone or demoted. They just extended Thornton, who is a solid RP. The key to next season will be if Quentin and Rios can produce as they're capable of. I expect Carlos to be over his injuries and back to contending for the AL lead in homers.

It killed me to see Thome traded away, especially to an NL team where he won't get to play. He's my favorite current player in baseball and happened to play for my team too.

It killed me to see Thome traded away, especially to an NL team where he won't get to play. He's my favorite current player in baseball and happened to play for my team too.

As much as I like Jim Thome he had to go. The White Sox had too many base cloggers (Thome, Dye, Konerko, Pierzynski) and really needed to get more athletic. It kills me when it takes four hits in an inning to score a run!

As much as I like Jim Thome he had to go. The White Sox had too many base cloggers (Thome, Dye, Konerko, Pierzynski) and really needed to get more athletic. It kills me when it takes four hits in an inning to score a run!

True.

I expect Dye to go in the offseason too...possibly Pierzynski, even though he's a vocal leader. AJ will definitely see reduced playing time if Flowers stays up in the bigs. He usually plays more than most catchers...but then again, when Castro (HORRIBLE) is your backup...your job is safe. :001_rolle

True.

I expect Dye to go in the offseason too...possibly Pierzynski, even though he's a vocal leader. AJ will definitely see reduced playing time if Flowers stays up in the bigs. He usually plays more than most catchers...but then again, when Castro (HORRIBLE) is your backup...your job is safe. :001_rolle

I really hope they keep Pierzynski. He is a very smart player who goes to battle every day. Although he is slow, he is actually a good base runner and is fundamentally sound (must be from coming up with the Twins). Flowers is probably at least a year away defensively. Although I think he could hit in the Bigs now, he needs to mature as a game caller and needs to work on his defense. His future may be as a DH and not as a catcher.

Top Bottom