What's new

2009 MLB Playoffs

Don't count the Twins out yet. They were 7 games behind the Tigers not too long ago. They won their division without Kevin Slowey, Joe Crede, and Justin Morneau. This is their last season in the HHH Metrodome. Another World Series victory would be a fitting finale.

As an Indians fan, it is tough for me to watch Cliff Lee and CC Sabathia both win today. :mad: There is nothing like playoff baseball though. Go Dodgers!

Being from the Pittsburgh area I am only familiar with Class AA Baseball so it is a real pleasure to sit and watch some REAL baseball.

I was rooting for the Tigers because Jim Leyland is a great coach who spent 10 good years in Pittsburgh before they sold the team out from under him and have yet to have a winning season since then..

I'm hoping the Rockies do well since Jim Tracy also managed the lowly Bucs before they fired him. I'm always amazed at how Pittsburgh Pirates castoffs seem to succeed wherever they end up after serving their time in the purgatory of the National League.

Watching the games last night something dawned on me..

Yankees/Dodgers would make a pretty good WS. When was the last time the apprentice (Girardi) went up against a mentor (Torre)?

I was so happy to see Torre walk Pujols that I almost cried. I'll never understand why ex-skipper for the Astros, Phil Garner, let him beat us time and again.

Watching the games last night something dawned on me..

Yankees/Dodgers would make a pretty good WS. When was the last time the apprentice (Girardi) went up against a mentor (Torre)?

I was so happy to see Torre walk Pujols that I almost cried. I'll never understand why ex-skipper for the Astros, Phil Garner, let him beat us time and again.

It often does. :biggrin1:

Last edited:
I agree.
On this date in 1956, Don Larsen threw his perfect game.

MLB Network broadcast that game on New Years Day, complete with original commercials...for Gillette SuperSpeed razors and blades. That's part of what inspired me to start DE shaving!

... When was the last time the apprentice ... went up against a mentor...?

ahem...
"I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was the student, now *I* am the master." -Darth "Babe" Vader

Walk-off win number 16 for the Yankees this year. We head into the Metrodome up 2-0 for the series...I feel pretty good about that.

Bad calls happen. Every team has been on both sides of them. Mauer put it best, by saying there's no guarantee, if he was on second, that Kubel's hit would have happened...the defense would have been playing differently. It was a bad call, for sure, but the Twins left LOTS of runners on base throughout the whole game. Many, many missed opportunities.

Top Bottom