What's new

2 of my new bricks direct from China

proxy.php

My son and daughter-in-law recently went to China to visit her family. They knew that I was "getting into" tea or at least had stopped drinking coffee so they gave me the pictured bricks as well as another larger brick of black tea.
proxy.php

We are thoroughly enjoying learning more about brewing and getting quite a workout separating chunks out to make our morning cup.

I think it is something to do with Google photos. I uploaded the last two via tapatalk and directly from my phone photo roll.

The round on is green. The others are black teas. So far all we have brewed is the Baishaxi. It has a very mild smoke background and has a classic tea flavor.

The round on is green. The others are black teas. So far all we have brewed is the Baishaxi. It has a very mild smoke background and has a classic tea flavor.

Unless it's mislabeled, the round one is puer (puerh, pu-erh, 普洱), not green tea.

I believe you. Our daughter in law speaks so fast it is hard to understand her when she is translating.

Indeed. She may also have said "green" simply because there is no English "translation" for 普洱 (we just use the sound of the Chinese words: puer), so she very likely just tried to put it into the closest English category of tea: green. And it's true, puer isn't roasted or heavily processed, so young puer is pretty green (in appearance) and vegetal (in taste). :D

Top Bottom