What's new

1st Anniversary of My Descent Into Madness

A quick recap of the past year: I discovered B&B, found out I didn’t know I needed a Fatboy (or three! so I got three! one with a rhodium handle!), and made a sudden, wicked turn at open-comb razors one month later.

Elmerwood found a wonderful, little Old Type that may or may not be a Feather (neither the razor nor the case say Feather, but the case liner does!), and he sold it to me. I loved it! See here:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...avel-razor?highlight=elmerwood+feather+travel

I bought and put an iKon Bulldog handle on it and loved it even more! Hooked…

Then I fell down the Rabbit Hole – The New. I now have seven long combs (including one rhodium re-plate and a couple of Krona replates), one short comb, one Deluxe, and four long comb Goodwills. Last fall, Jeff_H was delirious with the fever and rhapsodized over News (eventually falling under the angelic spell of UK News, which I have so far avoided). Help! The PhD of Palindromes once responded to one of my posts that you can never have too many News – my wife remains in simmering disagreement. (I strategically store them in different places and never display more than two at a time.)

I have not mentioned the Senator, another Slim, a couple of German travel razors in tiny metal boxes, an exquisite Brownie, some Techs, or the few nondescript Old Types.

Oh, and remember that iKon Bulldog? Yeah, I thought you would. Well, the rest of those new-to-me News all told me they needed heavier handles, too. So I have now added the eBay Weber Bulldog look-alike, a first gen Weber Classic, two Greist handles (one stainless and one brass), one of Raphael’s stainless UFO Tornados, a Robert Smith Improved (nickel over brass), and a hefty AKASL brass beauty.

And that is to mention nothing of the hundreds and hundreds of blades, tubes and pucks of software, and brushes (thank you Peter Wolf).

And this is in just one year!

Happy Anniversary to me?

Jessy gets 10% of all $ spent on those forums.

Ha lol... I have only been on here less than a month, have bought a second razor, have more soap and cream than I know what to do with, found a new whiskey, looking at fountain pens, and thinking how cool it would be to smoke a pipe. Wife isn't happy with $$$

Ha lol... I have only been on here less than a month, have bought a second razor, have more soap and cream than I know what to do with, found a new whiskey, looking at fountain pens, and thinking how cool it would be to smoke a pipe. Wife isn't happy with $$$

you sound like a perfect canadate to join the next monthly or Quarter Sabbatical from buying gear.

Happy Anniversary!
Sounds like it was a great year.
Should I send you a 1912 to play with .. the rabbit hole has some side passages you know ......
Say the word.

:001_smile

Top Bottom