What's new

1964 slim adjustable

IJust ordered this razor of the bay for 15 bucks. This is my first adjustable and my second vintage. Any thoughts on this razor?
Screenshot_2018-04-30-20-11-24.png

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Nice price. Give it a good cleaning, and perhaps some polish and you’ll have a great vintage razor.

Yep very nice! I love the Slim on setting 6 with a GSB. Make sure guards are straight & everything is in proper alignment & function. Once you've mastered it & found that optimal combo of setting & blade, it should provide excellent smooth shaves!

2018-01-01 21.53.20.jpg

Yep very nice! I love the Slim on setting 6 with a GSB. Make sure guards are straight & everything is in proper alignment & function. Once you've mastered it & found that optimal combo of setting & blade, it should provide excellent smooth shaves!

View attachment 880245
Which worried me alittle being its ebay and i could not inspect it in person. Its sounds like i scored. Thanks for the replys.

I love the Slim! Do a search on cleaning, to learn the best products and methods. I like scrubbing bubbles, and a soft bristle tooth brush. Carefully polishing just makes the razor shine like new! Well done!

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk

I have a '65 (K2). The Slim is just a flat out great razor.

Scrubbing Bubbles (w/o bleach), a toothbrush and some Flitz will get her shining like a diamond.

A few drops of mineral oil down the barrel will also make the mechanism work smoothly.

Be sure and completely or at least partially open the silo doors before adjusting the setting. Then crank it snug, and it should then go another quarter turn to lock.

Good luck!

Congrats on a sweet Slim! In case you have not come across this previously, the original Gillette owner's manual advises to be sure to tighten the knob the final 1/4 prior to shaving and then to relax the knob 1/4 turn to relieve the tension between shaves. This keeps the razor happy for the long term. I find my Slim to be a relatively aggressive / efficient razor. Different blades seem to make quite a big difference. I like Astra SP & GSB so far and I only need setting # 3 for a happy, nick-free, smooth shave. What is your other vintage razor and your experience with it (+/-)?

I shaved today with an Astra blade too. Really much better with this blade.

I see Slim as a razoz that helps you find your razor type. I haven't shaved a lot with this razor in fact to get the best out of it. But the shaves are very good.

Good idea. I normally use 5 on mine but did start at 3. Occasionally go to 6. Have an Astra SP in it now. Eleven shaves in....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice score! I was watching that one myself, but ended up with a nice M1 Slim for $16. I still want to clean and sanitize and check it out. This is fun finding these treasures, isn't it?

Congrats on a sweet Slim! In case you have not come across this previously, the original Gillette owner's manual advises to be sure to tighten the knob the final 1/4 prior to shaving and then to relax the knob 1/4 turn to relieve the tension between shaves. This keeps the razor happy for the long term. I find my Slim to be a relatively aggressive / efficient razor. Different blades seem to make quite a big difference. I like Astra SP & GSB so far and I only need setting # 3 for a happy, nick-free, smooth shave. What is your other vintage razor and your experience with it (+/-)?
My other vintage is a WW1 issued open comb. I love this razor but its one i dont use very often. Its a hundred years old and special. My daily driver is a micro touch de.

Nice score! I was watching that one myself, but ended up with a nice M1 Slim for $16. I still want to clean and sanitize and check it out. This is fun finding these treasures, isn't it?
Yea i found it with only one min left on the bid and won. Im sure i made some one upset lol.

Hi,

My first razor as a youth! I still have mine and still like just as much. The only other DE I own that shaves as well is my Fatboy. You are going to be spoiled as you use it.

Hi,

My first razor as a youth! I still have mine and still like just as much. The only other DE I own that shaves as well is my Fatboy. You are going to be spoiled as you use it.
Sweet. I wish i had a razor from my youth. I was born in 83. About time i started shaving carts were king.

Top Bottom