What's new

1940s Super Speed NDC (but different wording) form razor to razor

Hi All,

I know the 1948-1950 Super Speeds have no date codes but I've noticed something. I have 3 and 2 say on the top of base plate "Pat Nos on Pkg" but the other says "Pat Nos on Package" This is the only difference I can see between the razors. All 3 are notched, non flare tips with no date letter/number so I'm confident they are 1948-1950 SSs. Any ideas?

Thanks Much!

There was a discussion of that not long ago somewhere, but I don't have a link to the thread. Sorry. The change was made from "Package" to "Pkg" in about 1950 was, I think, the consensus.

One is older than the other but I don't remember which. I'm sure someone will come along shortly and let you know.

Thank you M. Lee.

User Zero; Please look here as I discuss this in depth:

Super Speed Razors: The Post World War II Shaving Culture in America to 1955

Gillette 1949 Super Speed Razor Left, Gillette 1950 V-3 Super Speed Razor Right Blade Tray Views.JPG
Gillette 1949 Super Speed Razor with Styrene Case and Ten Blade Speed Pak Dispenser Open View.JPG
The rolled head or peened rivet did appear in 1949, but at the very end of the production quarter. Most attribute this change to occurring in 1950. My 1949 Super Speed has PAT NOS ON PACKAGE, consistent with the earlier NDC Super Speeds, but was produced with a rolled or peened rivet. I hope this helps. Please bookmark the thread, as it is now unpinned. God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown

MGBBrown,

Thanks so much for the great post. I have a sense of nostalgia and appreciate the history and culture around these razors. Thanks for sharing

Top Bottom