What's new

Swedish G's

Item Description

I find it hard to believe no one has reviewed these.

I have had the pleasure of using and have had a good experience with them.

The first time was a bit rough but I think it was a bad blade because the other ones I used were just great!

Price is a bit steep and they are hard to get.

I find them to be sharp but not the sharpest out their.

Packaging is not much just a dispenser and the blades say Gillette on them that is it.

The rest gets a 10 in my book.
Longevity lasted a week!
Quality is great not a cheep feeling blade at all.
Darn smooth shaves from them.

Latest reviews

Gave a very smooth and close shave in my Rotbart 2000 using Godrej Shaving Round. A tad more smooth even than a Gillette Bleue Extra. Pity the availability and price are not good.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I came across the Swedish Gillettes in my letterk sample pack. Out of the brands included, these were hands down my favorite. I was able to get a VERY close shave with absolutely no irritation or nicks. That's quite a feat considering, like many wet shavers, I got into this because of my sensitive skin.

I used them with a Merkur HD razor, a best badger from Crabtree & Evelyn, and TOBS St. Taylor cream. I managed the shave with only two (2!) passes. One with the grain and the other against. No XTC was needed and I only rarely needed to touch up a spot I missed in my morning haste.

Sadly, as of this review (Oct 09), these wonderful blades are no longer being made. If you can find these excellent blades, I highly recommend them. They're the high water mark in my wet shaving journey, and now I'm stuck trying to find a worthy replacement.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I really thought these would be great blades. I tried very hard to like them but they don't work for me. The cost isn't so bad, but I don't like them. I'm not too harsh a reviewer, but since I'm not getting paid to use them I won't give it a 6. They are covered in some sort of oil. I don't know why they are, but they just are. It isn't all bad though, it seems the oil prevents them from rusting any. But like I said, I don't like them. These blades' one and only strong point is their sharpness. I only wish they had the smoothness to match because they leave my face a little hot. Not smooth, the packaging is terrible.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)