What's new

Swedish G's

Gave a very smooth and close shave in my Rotbart 2000 using Godrej Shaving Round. A tad more smooth even than a Gillette Bleue Extra. Pity the availability and price are not good.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I came across the Swedish Gillettes in my letterk sample pack. Out of the brands included, these were hands down my favorite. I was able to get a VERY close shave with absolutely no irritation or nicks. That's quite a feat considering, like many wet shavers, I got into this because of my sensitive skin.

I used them with a Merkur HD razor, a best badger from Crabtree & Evelyn, and TOBS St. Taylor cream. I managed the shave with only two (2!) passes. One with the grain and the other against. No XTC was needed and I only rarely needed to touch up a spot I missed in my morning haste.

Sadly, as of this review (Oct 09), these wonderful blades are no longer being made. If you can find these excellent blades, I highly recommend them. They're the high water mark in my wet shaving journey, and now I'm stuck trying to find a worthy replacement.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I really thought these would be great blades. I tried very hard to like them but they don't work for me. The cost isn't so bad, but I don't like them. I'm not too harsh a reviewer, but since I'm not getting paid to use them I won't give it a 6. They are covered in some sort of oil. I don't know why they are, but they just are. It isn't all bad though, it seems the oil prevents them from rusting any. But like I said, I don't like them. These blades' one and only strong point is their sharpness. I only wish they had the smoothness to match because they leave my face a little hot. Not smooth, the packaging is terrible.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Much has been said about this blade, so I won't attempt to recreate the positive reviews that have been posted so far. I do find this blade to be exceptionally smooth and sharp, and can easily obtain 4-5 excellent shaves from one blade. Only the Feather is sharper, in my opinion. Quality is pretty good, tho the printing on the blade is of a horribly poor quality. I do occasionally get a bad one, but they are fairly consistent.

Are they worth the 0.80 per blade that is now being charged? In my opinion, no. There are one or two other blades that rival or exceed the Swede in therms of sharpness, and are priced much lower. The Feather is certainly sharper, tho not quite as smooth. But having said that, everyone should at least try a few of these to see what the hype is all about.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I've got through several sampler packs and this blade tops them all. How much you ask? Well I just purchased 200 if that tells you anything.

Price: Unfortunately, these are high priced blades and while you can sometimes find them for around .60 to .70 per blade, I paid about 80 cents per blade. BUT, because these blades stay sharper and smoother longer than other, cheaper blades, I don't feel bad paying for quality.

Quality: Tops. I haven't met a blade that provided a better shave.

Sharpness: I've used other blades that are sharper (Feathers, and Bics for example) but my technique isn't good enough to get good shaves out of these. The Swedes are the perfect combination of sharp enough to do the job as well as forgiving enough to keep the irritation and bleeders down.

Longevity: I get about 7 shaves out of these blades (flipping them between uses). Other blades need to be scrapped after two or three shaves on my thick beard.

Smoothness: Silky smooth. Cuts the hair without your outer layer of skin.

Packaging: The plastic case the razors come in is a bit bulky, but the blades stay secure and there is a flip side for easy disposal. They also don't come with glue on the blades like Astras or others.
This is hands down the best blade I've ever tried, and I've tried a ton. It's a bummer they're so hard to find, or even discontinued. They shave extremely smoothly. Sharper than an IP or Crystal but not as sharp as a feather. It's smoother than any other razor, extremely forgiving, you have to try to cut yourself with these.

There isn't a single shaving product that I feel this strongly about. This is hands down the greatest blade ever made!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Sledgehammer39;1051992 said:
Hello Everybody.. I contacted WCS today trying to restock on this blade. However they had informed me that these blades have been discontinued by P&G and that other vendors will be in the same boat. Just goes to show when a good thing goes away.

Did they offer any suggestions on a suitable replacement?
Hello Everybody.. I contacted WCS today trying to restock on this blade. However they had informed me that these blades have been discontinued by P&G and that other vendors will be in the same boat. Just goes to show when a good thing goes away.
Price- 7. Not as bad per shave as they last so long.

Quality- 10, the best there is.

Sharpness- 9, only the Feather is sharper.

Longevity- 10. I can go 7-10 shaves. All others 3-5. Feather - 2.

Smoothness of shave- 10

Packaging- 9. Dunno - something about the plastic case/oil coating that I like.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I admit to being a newbie but this blade has given me the best, most forgiving shave that I have experienced thus far. I haven't used it long enough to offer up points for longevity but it has given me my first close to BBS shaves with zero irritation.
So far these are far and away my favourite blade. Sharper, longer lasting and much kinder on my face than the irritating Derbys I started out with.
A great combination of sharp yet smooth cutting that I haven't experienced with any other blade to date. Absolutely no nicks, burn or bumps for 5 days. Threw a Derby in there tonight for comparison, nicks and weepers everywhere, back to the styptic that hadn't seen the light of day all week and still a sore face 3 hours later...:mad:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
The only blades I have to compare the Gillette Swedes with are the Merkur Platinums. Of the two I get the closest shaves with the Gillette Swedes - but the most comfortable shaves I get with the Merkur Platinums. I guess the Gillette Swedes are too sharp and unforgiving for my newbie technique.
The Gillette Swedes are the most readily available DE blades to be found in Denmark.

Price
Quite expencive

Quality
Very high

Sharpness
Very sharp - and quite unforgiving

Longevity
I get three shaves from them - the same as with the Merkur Platinums

Smoothness of shave
I get smoother and closer shaves with a Gillette Swede than with the Merkur Platinums, but at the price of razorburn on my neck

Packaging
I'm really not that fond of the packaging the Gillette Swedes come in, I prefer individualle wrapped blades

Regards.

Jakob
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I've worked my way through a sampler pack full of distinguished brands, but this is the blade I keep coming back to. Sure, it's pricier than the rest, but this truly is an example of getting what you pay for. Simply the best.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
So far the best blades I have had. Also the smoothiest "drive" ever. It's my first choice today.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
These are the best blades I have tried so far.

sharp, smooth, give a really close shave with no nicks and no irritation......if the were more reasonably priced these would be the perfect blade!
Very good blades. For me the Feathers are the sharpest and the Red Israeli's are the smoothest but the Swedes are a good combination of both sharpness and smoothness
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I just finished spending a month using Swedish G's in my Futur. While I liked them and thought they did a great job, I don't really think that they are the cat's meow. I get a week of solid shaves out of them with no irritation. But I can say the same thing for Derbys and Wilkinsons, which I get a little cheaper. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the Swedish G's, I just don't think that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
So far these have been the best performing blades I've tried, hands down. They glide right over your face and left me with a BBS in two passes. Fabulous blades. Too bad they're a buck a piece:frown:
So far the Swedes are my favorite after trying - Dorco, 7:00 am, Feather, Wilkinson, Derby, Red Persona, Crystal and others.... No comparison, they're pricey though.
This is easily the best, the sharpest and at the same time, the smoothest blade I've ever tried. Gillette last very long, 5-6 shaves without problems. This blade is very sharp but never harsh on my skin, simply perfect. The only drawback is the price. Gillettes cost a couple of times more than Derbys or Personnas.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)