What's new

Speick shaving cream

Pros: So far this is my favorite shaving cream scent I've found.
Cons: TBD
I love this cream. The sent is spicy (black pepper?) and herbaceous (alpine valerian plant) with hints of lavender.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: easy to lather and good moisturizing and greaaat smell
Cons: no so far
loved it since first time. love the grass smell, very very good cream, like everything Germans make :D
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Natural smell, lathers great
Cons: The smell is sometime to strong
Actual this is one off the many great shaving creams you can buy in germany under € 2,50 but this one is the most expensive one and comes in 75ml, where the other brands come in 100ml and cost much less.

Even though its higher priced I bought it anyway and I think it works great, the scent its really natural, but something just alitte to strong.

But at € 2,25 in germany, this is one off the best creams, just forget those expensive creams, Speick really works as good as those more expensive creams.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Price: You can't beat the price of this cream. I paid $6 shipped. Any creams that I can think of that are cheaper are inferior in quality to Speick. Quality: I gave this cream a 7 for quality, which I still consider very high. I would rate the quality of this cream similar to Musgo Real for those that have used that product. Scent: Not bad but not great either. Hey, for six bucks you're not getting ADP scent here. Latherability: Very easy to whip up into a nice rich lather with little effort. The correct water to cream ratio is not difficult to find here. Efficacy: Again high marks. This stuff just works well. It's both thick and creamy as well as slick. Enough said there. Moisturizing Properties: No problems with my skin drying out after using Speick. Packaging: I rather like the package. It's very simple with a satiny/matte finish.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: You Can Shave with it
Cons: There are better products for less money
I must be one of the few that does not like this product. Bought a tube of it, in essence, to fill out an order. Price was 7.99 Canadian for a 75ml tube.

I use a number of other creams regularly--- I have several Proraso Products, Omega, Kaloderma and J.M. Frasers all in my rotation just in the cream line up.. The Proraso's are all 150ml vs 75ml for Speick. Same with Omega. In fact, the Speick is the pricest of the bunch per ml...and it is the worst performer for me. The shave is "ok", but it does not have the smoothness of other shaves I can get with creams or soaps..in fact, a $2.00 glycerin shave soap beats this product.

The scent..not my cup of tea, but I can live with it as I am not a soap scent fancier..I prefer using aftershave for the scent it provides.

Summary-satisfactory at best, but there are better creams available.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
What a nice cream this is, my Lord! I received it from my friend in Europe, and does this man ever know his creams! I remember seeing this stuff here in Montreal years ago, although I'd never really thought too much about it. I took a great shave with it this morning, and my face still feels smooth and soft. OK, the packaging's just a plain box, red in color, but what's inside the tube is what counts! Just a little on a brush, and wham! it lathers like crazy, it smells terrific, and the moisturizing is very good as well. This cream's officially part of my rotation, and I recommend it highly.

Jeff
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I completely enjoy this cream. It is wonderfully scented with the Speick fragrance; which is a classy, spicy, gentleman's scent that you just can't go wrong with for any occasion. A joy and an ease to lather, it provides a tremendous amount of protection and glide. Does a great job of softening the whiskers and leaves the skin smooth and supple. I could care less about packaging, but I happen to think the Speick comes in an attractive and sporty looking red tube (with a box)

displayimage.php

displayimage.php
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
What a scent! I ordered a sample from Scotto along with some of the other high quality English creams. This stuff is amazing. Quality is on par with the other creams I received (Taylors, Salter, Trumper, T&H.) The scent is spicy and rich, almost to the point of being fruity, but not quite. It lathers well; a pea sized dollop will give you more than enough for a shave. Highly lubricating, I could shave with this stuff all day. Eh, not so moisturizing, and the packaging is pretty utilitarian. All in all, not necessarily a gentleman's shaving cream, but probably a product which hard working German farmers or Automekaniks, and most likely all of the German olympic team members would use.
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I am always delighted to come across products that are inexpensive (relatively) and provide performance and satisfaction equal or better than the "big guys" in the business. Speick falls into this category. A nice, light, spicy scent and a lather that is thick, glossy, and effective. If I had one gripe, it would be that it takes a bit of time and effort to whip up properly in the lather bowl. With some patience and tinkering, you will be greeted by some of the thickest, most hydrated lather in the business. If you are not patient, you will get thin, watery lather. I start with a fair amount of cream in the bowl, then add water and whip like the dickens. Spend an extra minute with this and you will be rewarded.

Don't forget to combine this with their other excellent products such as the aftershave splash.
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Just tried Speick cream and really liked the shave and the scent. Lathers well and seems to protect the skin. This going on my regular rotation.

Papageno:smile:
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
The first 4 times I tried to generate a lather with Speick, it was thin and I was disappointed. And on top of that, no stiff peaks.

The last time I made it, the lather came together faster, but, no stiff peaks, and was a little thinner than I would like to see. The peaks could barely support themselves. I would have to tell you, that the Speick cream has been tricky to lather. :thumbdown :nono:

That said, it's very slick, it provides a nice cushion between the skin and the blade, and left my face feeling soft and smooth.

So it's basically it's a mixed bag. I have other creams,(Nancy Boy Sig., Musgo, C&E SAO,) that in my judgement perform just as well, and lather up much easier.

Packaging gets a 10 because, that catagory doesn't influence my purchasing decisions.

Will I keep it in the rotation? Probably, in the #9 spot in the batting order. When the tube runs out, I don't think I'll be buying another one.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I picked up some of this while in Germany a couple years ago. I love the smell, but I think that is partly because we always had some of the soap on hand while I was growing up. I am going to ask my uncle Uwe to send me some when he has a chance. If you visit the company's web site, there is some pretty interesting information on the Speick plant (valeriana celtica) and how it is harvested to make the products. As to the Germans using it, since it is made in Stuttgart, where Mercedes also has a plant, I don't doubt that some of the people who put together those autos use it to shave before work.

Martin
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Speick is a very good and inexpensive cream. It's so easy to find where I live !
The lather is really good and every time I use it, I've got BBS shave. The scent is just ok to me compare to the very good qualities of this SC.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
What a scent! I have tried the stick but the cream has much more punch and I have to say I love it. No self-respecting young European will use it, of ourse, automechanic or not - it's so traditional / old man style. I love it nevertheless. Not for every occasion but certainly good for many. It seems mediciny to me...

Started lathering on face, was too thick, so thinned it out a couple of times, then went to a bowl to use the rest, refreshed face - spent >10 min with it on face and still no irritation - great in my book. Lots of lather from a relatively standard amount (next time I'll use less)

Didn't get full marks for moisturizing properties just because I only used it once and didn't pay too much attention, so wanted to be conservative.

Followed up with JASON 6-in-1 ASB - I think the scents complement each other very well (and will be gone in a bit)

I don't like the packaging much but really don't care about it - come on, it's so cheap you have no right to complain. If it cost $35 - then I'd feel differently. And even then - I always wonder how much I'm paying for the product and how much for packaging and marketing overhead. Sometimes you would be surprised... Speick SC has the qualities to be put into expensive packaging and sold on par with many of the supposedly exclusive brands - if this is what you want.

Cheers
Ivo
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Very new to this product, this scent is amazing. The lather is amazing, and can be worked on your face or in the bowl. The price on this product puts it to the top of my creams.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
MartyW;161852 said:
I picked up some of this while in Germany a couple years ago. I love the smell, but I think that is partly because we always had some of the soap on hand while I was growing up. I am going to ask my uncle Uwe to send me some when he has a chance. If you visit the company's web site, there is some pretty interesting information on the Speick plant (valeriana celtica) and how it is harvested to make the products. As to the Germans using it, since it is made in Stuttgart, where Mercedes also has a plant, I don't doubt that some of the people who put together those autos use it to shave before work.

Martin

...and don't forget Porsche! :smile:
There isn't a whole lot to say that isn't already in the ratings numbers.

Price: Fairly cheap. I think it's about $6.50 from smalltree. Shipping is necessary if you're not near Germany though.

Quality: No problems here. It's consistent and defect-free.

Scent: I had heard stories of how different and great this smelled. I was expecting a lot, and I wasn't disappointed. Nothing smells like this. It's almost like a floral scent mixed with spicy black pepper. It's hard to describe, and it's like nothing I've experienced.

Latherability: It's in the same league as Proraso cream, latherability-wise. No problems, no surprises for me.

Efficacy: Once again, It's similar to Proraso, but maybe with a little more cushion. It's definitely top-notch.

Moisturizing Properties: I would say it's right in the middle. Sometimes a TOBS cream is too much and the Noxzema cream is too drying. The Speick is right in the middle.

Packaging: who cares? The box didn't open up by itself midshipment. The cap is better than proraso though.:thumbup1::biggrin:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Quickly worked into a nice full thick lather. The scent first gave the impression of a cheap Scratch N Sniff sticker, and while it did get better, I don't know if I could say I really like the scent. Don't dislike it either, so I guess I'd call it neutral. Not neutral in the sense that it's not noticeable...because it certainly is. Just neither good nor bad in my book.

Very moisturizing and slick. I ended up with a great irritation free shave.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Price: I think I paid about $7.50, Least expensive cream I have purchased.

Quality: I reach for this cream quite often better quality than many British creams.

Scent: Unique smells spicy musky and old school. Smells damn good.

Latherability: Really easy to whip up in a bowl or on the face.

Efficacy: This tube will last a long time.

Moisturizing Properties: Pretty good. I still use ASB

Packaging: Who cares perfect sized tube for travel.

For 7 bucks you can't go wrong. Go buy some.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Price: The tube of 75ml was 2,99€, that's about US$5. The price-performance ratio is outstanding.
Quality: You can smell the high level of quality right after you open up the tube. Once you lathered up you never want to go back because this cream feels very good on your skin.
Scent: Speick's got their scent directly from the speick plant which is growing in the Alps. It's floral and fresh but probably nothing you ever smelled before. Maybe some of you don't enjoy it but that's because taste is so different.
Latherability: This cream is easy to mix.
Efficacy: Like I said before it's got a high level of quality. It stays on your skin nearly as long as you want it to stay there. Compared to the price the tube goes a long way.
Moisturizing Properties: Absolutely amazing. Maybe it's because of the other ingredients but this cream gives me some of my best shaves. Sometimes I shave not as fast as I should to ensure the cream doesn't dry out. But with Speick I can shave longer before relathering.
Packaging: The tube has a nice touch to it. You can easily grasp it even when your fingers are wet.

If you happen to live where this cream is available to buy then buy it. This was only my second shaving cream I used but I can tell the difference. Less irritation and more comfort makes me want to buy it again.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)