What's new

Speick shaving cream

One of the best "bang for you buck" creams I've discovered so far.

Lathers great and provides a nice slick cushion for my razor to glide on.

Great scent, not too heavy (for me) and hard to beat the price.

One of my top three go to creams along with Proraso and TOBS Sandlewood.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pronounciation

el_chupacabra;1010679 said:
"Spike" <------- Thats how you pronounce it!
"Spik"
"Speek"
I don't think there's anything else I can add to this one. Speick is an all around wonderful cream at a great price. We constantly hear people saying that when you first get into wet shaving you have to try Proraso and Musgo but I think Speick is tops on that list.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
just got my first tube of the stuff. Did a quick lather with it- I like the scent- light, but spicy; reminds me of cinnamon. doesn't lather up quite like the upper crust creams, and not quite as thick as proraso, but slick, cushioning and moisturizing.

Great stuff!

How is this stuff pronounced?

"Spike"
"Spik"
"Speek"
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Wanted to try some inexpensive SCs, so I ordered this along with some Musgo Real. Not bad, but I would definitely choose Musgo over this.

I rather like the packaging, appropriately simple. The scent isn´t bad, I would describe it as being a bit spicy/minty. It kind of reminds me of toothpaste or the Vademecum mouthwash I used to use.

Fairly easy to lather and quite good regarding lubricity and moisturizing. I´d say good, but not great. I´ll probably be using this for travel as I mostly buy SCs in tubs.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
One thing is for sure, you can't beat the price. Beyond the [non] impact to the wallet, the overall quality is above average, but there are better creams out there. Whipping up good lather is not overly difficult and it does moisturize a bit, though no more or less than most products.

It has a great citrus and woody scent that is very enjoyable and not overpowering. The lather was relatively slick, though it could have been slicker. I'm a minimalist and I rather liked the simple color scheme on the tube.

Overall a very nice cream worth trying.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Price: About $5-$7. A steal for something this good

Quality: First rate.

Scent: I love it. It has the scent of the speick plant...very herbal and spicy and natural. Masculine and appealing. Not heavy.

Latherability: Takes some work, but when you get the ratio right you're rewarded with incredibly thick, stiff, creamy lather.

Efficacy: VERY good.

Moisturizing Properties: Doesn't dry me out like Musgo can.

Packaging: Simple and to the point.

Bottom line...one of the best creams in the world at about 1/5 the price of most luxury brands. A great starter cream.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
All around a very good product. Make sure to get the bath soap, A/S, EDC (I believe), deo, etc. etc. for a very "Speick-ed" experience.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I finally got some of this cream and I'm sorry I waited so long! I like this product a lot and it is one of my best performers regardless of price. I can't get enough of the Speick scent. This cream combined with the AS lotion is a powerful combination. It reminds me of Proraso in consistency and lather, but supasses it in performance. I like the red metal tube since it doesn't look like anything else I have. Highly recomended!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Although this is the very first shaving cream I have tried, I keep getting back to it, since some of my best shaves were with it.

I absolutely love the scent, somewhat woodsy and piny, a little bit spicy.

The lather I get from it is one of the best for me, very slick and protecting.

I will definitely buy it again where i run out.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
After shaving with Speick for a long time and reading the reviews here, I find that some of them sort of miss the point.
First of all, I don't believe this is a low-end product you find in any cheap drug store in Germany, and I don't see any relation between Speick and car mechanics (the latter will most likely use cream out of a Nivea or Gillette can).
The scent is one of the best things about this cream. It is unique, fresh, full, and invigorating. To me it smells like pine/juniper/gin.
It lathers well, just like any other cream of adequate quality, and seems to provide good glide and protection, since I tend to cut myself much less with this cream than with some others. It is not as moisturizing as Proraso, more like a T&H cream, but this has no effect on the quality of the shave.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
I love this cream!

Its cheap ($6 usd plus shipping) has a warm, spicy scent, lathers well, and provides a slick, smooth, pleasant shave.

I find that the lather stays warmer in my scuttle longer than my other creams (c.o. bigelow, the body shop) too, which is great for a 3-4 pass shave.

I'm not sure if its me, but after a trial of the Castle Forbes Lavender shave cream, I think the speick could be a touch more moisturizing.

All in all, its a fantastic product at a great price, try it already!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
A wonderful shaving cream whose scent forced me by razorpoint to purchase the deodorant and the cologne...next will be the soap and the aftershave or the scent will throw my Nancy Boy Signature Shave Cream out the window....:em2300:. Bottom line I love it!:em2200:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I'll keep this very simple. This is the best cream I have ever used bar none.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is a wonderful shaving cream. It moisturizes very well and provides a close, comfortable, smooth shave. I have really grown to like the scent very much; it is a clean, spicy masculine scent. This shaving cream is also a great value. I wish it came in a tub; the tube is kind of cheap.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I love this stuff. Price, quality, latherability, efficacy are all top notch.

The scent is unique and absolutely delightful. After the first shave this cream went into my rotation.

It's a classic! Definitely worth a try.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Price: The tube of 75ml was 2,99€, that's about US$5. The price-performance ratio is outstanding.
Quality: You can smell the high level of quality right after you open up the tube. Once you lathered up you never want to go back because this cream feels very good on your skin.
Scent: Speick's got their scent directly from the speick plant which is growing in the Alps. It's floral and fresh but probably nothing you ever smelled before. Maybe some of you don't enjoy it but that's because taste is so different.
Latherability: This cream is easy to mix.
Efficacy: Like I said before it's got a high level of quality. It stays on your skin nearly as long as you want it to stay there. Compared to the price the tube goes a long way.
Moisturizing Properties: Absolutely amazing. Maybe it's because of the other ingredients but this cream gives me some of my best shaves. Sometimes I shave not as fast as I should to ensure the cream doesn't dry out. But with Speick I can shave longer before relathering.
Packaging: The tube has a nice touch to it. You can easily grasp it even when your fingers are wet.

If you happen to live where this cream is available to buy then buy it. This was only my second shaving cream I used but I can tell the difference. Less irritation and more comfort makes me want to buy it again.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Price: I think I paid about $7.50, Least expensive cream I have purchased.

Quality: I reach for this cream quite often better quality than many British creams.

Scent: Unique smells spicy musky and old school. Smells damn good.

Latherability: Really easy to whip up in a bowl or on the face.

Efficacy: This tube will last a long time.

Moisturizing Properties: Pretty good. I still use ASB

Packaging: Who cares perfect sized tube for travel.

For 7 bucks you can't go wrong. Go buy some.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Quickly worked into a nice full thick lather. The scent first gave the impression of a cheap Scratch N Sniff sticker, and while it did get better, I don't know if I could say I really like the scent. Don't dislike it either, so I guess I'd call it neutral. Not neutral in the sense that it's not noticeable...because it certainly is. Just neither good nor bad in my book.

Very moisturizing and slick. I ended up with a great irritation free shave.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
There isn't a whole lot to say that isn't already in the ratings numbers.

Price: Fairly cheap. I think it's about $6.50 from smalltree. Shipping is necessary if you're not near Germany though.

Quality: No problems here. It's consistent and defect-free.

Scent: I had heard stories of how different and great this smelled. I was expecting a lot, and I wasn't disappointed. Nothing smells like this. It's almost like a floral scent mixed with spicy black pepper. It's hard to describe, and it's like nothing I've experienced.

Latherability: It's in the same league as Proraso cream, latherability-wise. No problems, no surprises for me.

Efficacy: Once again, It's similar to Proraso, but maybe with a little more cushion. It's definitely top-notch.

Moisturizing Properties: I would say it's right in the middle. Sometimes a TOBS cream is too much and the Noxzema cream is too drying. The Speick is right in the middle.

Packaging: who cares? The box didn't open up by itself midshipment. The cap is better than proraso though.:thumbup1::biggrin:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)