What's new

Speick shaving cream

Great cream I've used over the years. At first I didn't care for the scent too much, but have grown to love it.

The lathering takes a bit of work for a newbie, but it is very slick regardless.

Worth the purchase.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Maximum points for everything other than slickness. Compared to Proraso, my favourite cream, there just isn't as much slip 'n slide for the blade.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I would suggest that any new wetshaver give this a spin as part of their product quest.

Price: For $6.50 how can you go wrong? Maybe if the tube was bigger...
Quality: Fantastic product. One of the best creams I have tried.
Scent: A nice, complex lavender note that doesn't linger too long.
Latherability: This threw me for awhile until I realized that I actually needed less product than other creams. Since I have hard water I normally have to use a hefty amount to get a decent lather. Not with Speick!
Efficacy: It goes on smooth, and shaves off smooth.
Moisturizing Properties: This stuff is almost TOO moisturizing! Several A/S splashes will leave my face tacky after using it. Even those that are normally drying. There is also something in it (possibly the Speick plant) that makes it feel really good just to have on my skin.
Packaging: I don't normally care much in this category, but the Speick tube is very nicely made. It seems to be heavier, yet more flexible than other tube-based creams. I feel that I don't have to worry so much about breaks or punctures with Speick.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
One of my favorite creme's period. I just wish the tube was a little bigger, say the size of a Proraso tube (150ml). I plan on keeping this in my rotation along with my Musgo and my TOBS Avacado.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I bought one tube each of Speick, Musgo Real and Proraso creams. I tried them three days running. Same Shavemac Silver Tip, same Feather Blades.

Lather:
1) Proraso - all I did was look at it and it lathered
2) Musgo - Just a few swirls on my cheeks and off it went.
3) Speick - rub rub swirl swirl and finally lather

Scent
Same order

Smoothness of shave
Proraso
Speick
Musgo

All in all Speick was OK and a great value but not my dream cream
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
D
Tried the Speick Shaving Cream today. Bought it at the local reform shop for Eur. 4,75. :w00t: That's an awsome price for such a good cream. I like the scent and the cream lathers very good. I took a small amount on my fingers, and distributed it on my face. Than, with the brush, I worked up a good lather right on the face with no problems at all!!! I already used the Speick after shave, now this one is going to be my regular shaving cream for quite some time I suppose.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I just picked this stuff up from Amazon and am really really digging it. The Germans make everything better, cars, women, beer, and Shave Cream. The smell does strike me as very polarizing, and I think it is amazing. The lather, moisture, and slickness of this stuff is top notch. Why spend a ton of money on other creams that don't smell as good or work as well as this? I'm going to have to get the aftershave.....
I agree with all the favorable reviews about this cream's outstanding performance. The only thing I would like to add is that my face feels good for hours after I used it - an effect I don't experience with any other shaving cream or soap.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I didn't love the stuff. It smells great in the tube, but not so great on the face. It burned a touch too. I don't know, just wasn't great for me.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
This is a wonderful product, which lathers like nobody's business, but I simply hate the smell and have felt a little tender after using it. Also, my stepfather came out in a ridiculous rash afterit. Will not be buying it again as there are so many alternatives out there.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
i think that it beats proraso and musgo real
my new go to cream
liked the aftershave also
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Thanks for the heads up about it being on amazon with free shipping (the best thing I love about amazon.com is my amazon prime account-free 2 day shipping on lots of stuff and overnight is only $3.99. I renew it every year. Not everything qualifies for "prime", but a lot sure does. I just ordered Speick! Been wanting to try it for a long time. Thanks again!
$6 and qualified for free shipping on Amazon.

Nice stuff.

Unique scent. Don't love it, but a nice change of pace.

Will be a regular part of my shaving rotation
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I bought this and the soap first time around,loved the scent so much I bought the shampoo and more soap.Such a unique scent and the cream works like a charm.
This cream is fantastic. I can't even believe it. Enough said.
I just got some Speick from WCS yesterday. The scent is masculine with lots of lavender. I find the price, 6.50 excellent. The lather is slick and cushioning. I would definitely recommend this for a budget shave kit.
You already know all of this, but I finally got around to trying Spieck cream and the experience was so great that I wanted to share it.

Price, Packaging and Quality: Inexpensive, comes in a nice metal tube with a satiny finish; you can see that the cream itself is of very high quality before you work it into a lather. It practically glows it's so iridescent.

Scent: I found this quite different from the Spieck soap, which smells like nice European soap with just a hint of dryness. The cream smells like a gin martini to me. Very fresh and pleasant, and I'm glad it doesn't stick around after the shave.

Latherability and efficacy: Spieck didn't create mounds of foam in the bowl like Taylors, but on the face it made a dense, slick, opaque lather that was absolutely superb for shaving. I used a very aggressive Gillette Old Type and experienced zero irritation. Very, very nice. My heart sank a little after I finished the shave because I thought "Well, I've found it, the best possible cream; no need to try anything else!"

Moisturizing: Much more moisturizing than most creams and soaps.

Most of the other reviews say about the same thing - you owe it to yourself to try a tube of Spieck!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Bought a tube of this stuff after reading the reviews on here. I wanted to know what a classic barbershop shaving cream smelled like and was not very pleased. First off I will say that The latherability and moisturizing properties are exellent. I couldnt be happier with that. And the price is also very likeable. My only complaint (and its a big one) is that this stuff smells like something that would be stored under a kitchen sink. The only thing I can compare it to is some type of cleaner:001_huh:. Pinesol maybe. Anyways Its in my rotation and Im hoping maybe it will grow on me.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
ScYcS;1011884 said:
Pronounciation

We Germans pronounce it 'Shpike'.
It's inexpensive here and does have a little bit of a downmarket reputation, but it's one of the best creams I have tried so far. Great, smooth and irritation-free shaves every time.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This stuff is excellent. Not too expensive (but keep in mind the tube is quite small) and the quality is top-notch. I really like the scent and have a hard time putting my finger on what it reminds me of...very familiar yet unique. Freshly-cut plants and spices (pepper?). I even think I get the occasional whiff of something like Danish tobacco(!) Anyway, this stuff lathers like nobody's business and is very slick. I never really understood the 'packaging' category...it's in a tube like most other creams...uh, is that good or bad? To me it's on par with a couple of my other favorites, Musgo Real and Proraso. Do yourself a favour and pick up a tube. :biggrin:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)