What's new

Speick shaving cream

Pros: Natural smell, lathers great
Cons: The smell is sometime to strong
Actual this is one off the many great shaving creams you can buy in germany under € 2,50 but this one is the most expensive one and comes in 75ml, where the other brands come in 100ml and cost much less.

Even though its higher priced I bought it anyway and I think it works great, the scent its really natural, but something just alitte to strong.

But at € 2,25 in germany, this is one off the best creams, just forget those expensive creams, Speick really works as good as those more expensive creams.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: You Can Shave with it
Cons: There are better products for less money
I must be one of the few that does not like this product. Bought a tube of it, in essence, to fill out an order. Price was 7.99 Canadian for a 75ml tube.

I use a number of other creams regularly--- I have several Proraso Products, Omega, Kaloderma and J.M. Frasers all in my rotation just in the cream line up.. The Proraso's are all 150ml vs 75ml for Speick. Same with Omega. In fact, the Speick is the pricest of the bunch per ml...and it is the worst performer for me. The shave is "ok", but it does not have the smoothness of other shaves I can get with creams or soaps..in fact, a $2.00 glycerin shave soap beats this product.

The scent..not my cup of tea, but I can live with it as I am not a soap scent fancier..I prefer using aftershave for the scent it provides.

Summary-satisfactory at best, but there are better creams available.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Pros: easy to lather and good moisturizing and greaaat smell
Cons: no so far
loved it since first time. love the grass smell, very very good cream, like everything Germans make :D
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: So far this is my favorite shaving cream scent I've found.
Cons: TBD
I love this cream. The sent is spicy (black pepper?) and herbaceous (alpine valerian plant) with hints of lavender.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Price: You can't beat the price of this cream. I paid $6 shipped. Any creams that I can think of that are cheaper are inferior in quality to Speick. Quality: I gave this cream a 7 for quality, which I still consider very high. I would rate the quality of this cream similar to Musgo Real for those that have used that product. Scent: Not bad but not great either. Hey, for six bucks you're not getting ADP scent here. Latherability: Very easy to whip up into a nice rich lather with little effort. The correct water to cream ratio is not difficult to find here. Efficacy: Again high marks. This stuff just works well. It's both thick and creamy as well as slick. Enough said there. Moisturizing Properties: No problems with my skin drying out after using Speick. Packaging: I rather like the package. It's very simple with a satiny/matte finish.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Lots to love Speick products... Fantastic scent, great results and all at a great price. The packaging is pretty standard fare for Speick but the tube has this fantastically tactile printing. I know it's a minor point but it all makes or the experience.

This is an easy cream to bowl lather as long as you get your water mix right. It forms a nice slick protective lather and shaves very well.

At $11.50 it's hard to argue the value. Possibly second to Proraso in terms of value.

Bottom line, if you're thinking of trying this cream, do it... Permanent part of my rotation :thumbup:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
and also against the grain (pun intended).

Just can't seem to share in all the excitement here in the reviews of this product. The best word that comes to mind here is MEDIOCRE and the old saw - you get what you pay for.

IMHO this is just so so, and is not in the same league as the big boys like GT, ToB and T&H, no matter the price. Price is, after all, relative to value.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
My favourite cream, hands down. I can get great lather from Speick on any day of the week with my eyes closed. If you don't have any in your bathroom cabinet you are missing out.

Price - It's just under EUR 3, a better value is not to be had.

Quality - Highest quality natural product from Stuttgart. Infinitely better quality than the local football team!

Scent - I love it. It's much stronger than the Speick soap stick, but it's a unique scent that I find very pleasing.

Latherability - Fantastic. Always.

Efficacy - Lather is great. Doesn't dry out on me and provides the necessary cushion and slickness to get a great shave.

Moisturizing - Hmmm... this one is hard to say. I don't feel it's especially moisturizing, but certainly not drying. It's natural and I find my skin feel good after using it.

Packaging - Nothing fancy. It's in a metal tube, which I prefer to cream in a tub.

Get some.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
If there ever was one cream that belonged in every man's den, this would be it. Such a masculine, spicy, and clean scent that can be used all year round for all occasions. Nothing cleans you up better after a work out, or prepares you for the evening opera better than a shave with Speick shave cream. I could shave with this before chopping wood in a mountain, or before dressing up for work. Now onto the formal review

Price: Awesome. Inexpensive. Value of this cream far exceeds the cost.

Quality: See above. High quality stuff, however, I've had better. This is probably the best 'regular' shave cream if that makes sense. No frills about this and it shaves very well. This will be a regular in my rotation.

Scent: This is the most unique aspect of this cream. I have used the Speick shave soap, aftershave splash, body soap, intensive moisturizing cream, shampoo and conditioner (seeing a pattern here?), and I can tell you that each product smells slight different. I like the cream scent the best. It is very potent during the shave. This is a natural scent, and it will vanish after the witch hazel cotton pad, or after a thorough rinsing. Wouldn't mind if the scent stayed though. It's that good. Smells like a spicy fern with other things in there.

Latherability: Very easy and awesome to lather with both a boar and a badger. Pictured is my SR 3722 going to work on an almond sized snurdle. Made mounds of lather. Be careful though. This lather can easily become too watery. Know when to stop with this one.

Efficacy: Did what it was supposed to. Created cushion and glide for the razor. For me, the cream warms the skin a little bit, and in a good way.

Moisturizing Properties: Moisturizes pretty well, but nothing like MWF. The soap (which is surprising) moisturizes a little better than the cream IMO. YMMV but thats what I've noticed. It does not dry the skin, and leaves it feeling lightly moisturized. Definitely room for AS afterwards.

Packaging: I docked it a little bit here and I'll be specific. The package is small. Each tube is 75ml. Now the design is really sporty and I like that. Really a great looking tube to have on the counter during your morning groom when you are about to have one of those high octane work days. The tube is metal. This is a double edged sword. While it is manly as all get out and gives a feeling of nostalgia, it is also easy to puncture or squeeze when other items bump into it when you open and close your den. When you open it, more cream might come out than you think. I don't know if I would change the packaging just sharing some things to be mindful of.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
I enjoyed a simply phenomenal shave with this product. I am not sure if its beginners luck or whether I can replicate the BBS shave again tomorrow morning.:laugh:

The comments regarding spieck on this link are IMHO totally justifed.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Really nice stuff. It feels a little spicy on the fice however, but gives a great shave.

The only complaint I had with it is that it suddenly solidified. Later, I read on the site that this is due to the climate, in temperatures above 30 C.

I don't know if any of you had this issue too.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I tried this cream for the first time, and have used it for 3 days now. The first day I wasn't sure I liked the scent, but by day 3 it has really grown on me.
It is an amazing performer. Once I got the water ratio right, it bowl lathers for me perfectly. Provided great protection for a 3 pass shave using a Tech / 7 O'Clock.
Highly recommend this cream.
Review--

This is a Speick product, so that's all I have to say as far as quality goes. Terrific ingredients.

The scent I find is very masculine, it does smell like a plant, but it is definitely a GOOD smell. It is not odorous at all.

This cream is not thirsty at all. It is very easy to over-hydrate this stuff. That is a plus in my book. The lather is very rich and moist, probably more so than most other creams I have tried. The lather doesn't feel dense, but it is slick and does protect your skin from the steel you drag across it.

Moisturizing is great. My skin felt great during and after the shave.

Overall--

The scent may not be for everyone, but this shave cream is easily one of my favorite tube creams (and I am a soap guy), and this will remain in my rotation until I run out of stock. This scent is even better during the winter months. It won't break the bank, I recommend everyone try a sample.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I have a lot of soaps in my collection. This was the first cream I tried. Maybe because I am part German, I really like the scent and I like how I feel and smell after the shave. My first attempt with this product was not too successful (probably my lack of experience with creams) and I got a watery lather. I bowl lather and I think I started out too wet. Since then, I start with just a damp brush and add water slowly. The result is a nice rich thick lather with a lot of slip.
I just wanted to say thanks to all of those who gave this cream such great reviews. I am a new convert to the DE razor, and have not had a lot of experience with different soaps/creams.

Before trying Speick I only had the opportunity to try the VDH soap that came with my high end shaving set from Wally world, and C.O. Bigelow. I had heard that the C.O. Bigelow was pretty good especially for the price, and it was one that I could find locally, so that I didn't have to pay more for shipping thatn the cost of the cream.

I recently recieved my Speick shaving cream from Westcoastshaving.com along with a few different blades to try out on my EJ89L razor. I ordered Personna reds, Gillette 7 o'clock yellows and a pack of super iridiums just for show.

Now back to the cream. My first use was with a Lords Super Platinum that had one shave on it already using the C.O. Bigelow cream. I used the same prep as I always have. I was very pleasantly supprised when the once used blade slid across my face much smoother than it's first use with the other cream. I also noticed that there was much less snagging on the first pass, and the shave felt much closer for a first pass as well. I have been able to get almost as close of a shave with two passes using the Speick, as I could with three passes using th C.O. Bigelow.

I have been able to get a very consistent lather with the Speick, that feels like it moisturizes better than what I have been using. Overall I am very impressed with this cream so far, and don't see any reason to spend the difference on any of the high end creams yet. Maybe someday I will try, but I am happy with this for now, especially cosidering that I can buy three or four tubes of Speick for what most of the others cost.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Price: The tube of 100ml was 2.49€, that's about US$4. There isn't a better price-performance ratio!

Quality: One of the best products I have ever tried.

Scent: It's a very complex and fresh scent, can't describe it more precisely. Maybe it won't blow you over, but you won't dislike it, that's for sure.

Latherability: I don't have much experience with lathering, but concerning latherability it can easily keep up with TOBS shaving creams.

Efficacy: A perfect 10!

Moisturizing Properties: Its moisturizing properties are well for a shaving cream, but does it matter? The AS is meant for moisturizing!

Packaging: It's a common tube, and for that price you can't expect more.

Conclusion: This cream should be in everyone's rotation, it's classic. I recommend it especially to those who don't give much for luxury and to those with sensitive skin, because it doesn't contain any antidegradants.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Having read about it in B&B , realizing I life relatively close to the factory. I went to the factory store last week to get me some samples.
No I have a new favorite shaving cream !

I get it for an unbeatable price at the factory store if I'm happy to take the tubes with misprints or the like.

The reason it only gets a '9' for the scent is due to the fact I can imagine the special scent of the Speick plant is not for everybody. SWMBO tells me : "It smells nice but I don't like it all the time."

I create thick nice lather in my face from it.
And it feels just great in my face with a very gentle refreshing effect. Not so strong as some of the others (e.g. Proraso, Wilkinson, ..). Especially since I prefer the sensitive lines of some other shaving creams/soaps.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
This is probably the easiest cream to lather I have tried. Even quicker than KMF. It does seem you need a tad bit more product than some other creams, but it lathers almost just by looking at it. What a great cream to start, and for that matter to stay, with. Works well, smell is a bit medicinal but in a positive way and it stays well in a scuttle without drying out too much. Overall, a really fine product. The tube I have is only 2.5 ounces, so it makes the TSA travel cut, which for me is a plus. If it were your daily cream, you might want a larger quantity per tube. Price is low enough to make this IMHO a bargain cream. Highly recommended.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
One of my first creams and one of my favorites. The scent is wonderful, kind of medicinal, but still great. It lathers up very easily both on the face and in a bowl. Both slick and cushiony it offers a great shave that offers me no irritation throughout the day. I'll definitely re-buy when this tube runs out.
I normally agree with most reviewers on this site. I don't understand the positive reviews for this product. Terrible latherability making the efficiency of the product terrible. Great smell and nice cushion. Don't waste your money!
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)