What's new

Shea Moisture Shave Butter

Item Description

Saw this at target, and when I openned it up, it looked so luscious that I couldn't resist. $8 for 6 ounces seemed like a good price. The directions even recommended using a brush for optimal results, so I thought they might speak my language.

Any ways, it has that SheaButter smell. So if you like that, you will like the smell. Very mild.

The texture is very luxurious and that is what drew me in. I have a relatively thick beard, and need something with oil in it.

When I tried to lather up with my C&E BBB I got nothing. In fact the "Butter" seemed to just be dissapearing into my brush. I put it on my face, and I got some oil, but nothing. Tried with more water, less water, and even tried with out the brush. Just got nothing.

I don't know who actually tested this product, but it was a miserable disappointment. At the end I resorted to lumping over half an ounce of the stuff on my brush. Soon enough this fatty goop ended up clogging my drain, and the remaining tube ended up in the trash.

Latest reviews

Pros: Nice container
Cons: Worst shaving cream ever
Worst shaving cream ever - stay away from the nice packaging and labeling. No lather, no moisturizing - just doesn't work. Not worth the price (even though its quite cheap).
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Moisturizes, slick
I'm in the minority on this. I like the stuff. And yes... I like the scent. It's nice.

IT DOES NOT LATHER! And that's FINE! It's not supposed to. Do NOT use a brush to apply. Use your fingers and use sparingly. You don't need alot. It says it on the container.

It works well with a DE or a cartridge razor. It will not clog up if you consistently take short strokes AND have really hot running water to clean your razor off. I don't understand the complaints about this. It's pretty simple, gang.

It leaves your face real smooth. I had absolutely no issues with nicks, cuts, irritation or anything.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Good for superlather; the price
Cons: Everything else
Horrible to use alone. Left my face with a poor shave and a stinging feeling (which almost never happens). I have mixed it with Proraso (green) soap. It made for a nice smooth lather. I'm not going to throw the Shave Butter out, but I'll never use it alone again.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)