What's new

Shark... Oh the Shark has, some fine shaves dear,

For some reason, these blades never worked for me. I tried 2 or 3 fresh blades, thinking the one before it was a dud - but they never gave a smooth cut. They seemed to skip an awful lot and I received a good number of nicks where I would otherwise not. It was really surprising to have a shave as poor as the one I received with these coming off of Derby's, Wilkinson and Personna's, where my shaves were great. YMMV of course, as is evidenced by the great score of the rest of the reviews.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
Coming next week to a razor in my arsenal! At last!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Sharks SS are my second favorite blade to iridium supers. They may not be as sharp as iridiums, but they are equally smooth if not more so. Iridiums last me 4 shaves, whereas I can easily get 5 out of a shark and I have a heavy beard. Great packaging (I mean who doesn't like the shark logo?) and they are very competitively priced - half the price of iridiums and I get more shaves out of a blade. All in all my second (sometimes 1st) favorite blade.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
The Shark Super Stainless may end my quest for the ideal blade. It isn't the sharpest, but in my HD it consistently delivers several days of comfortable, 4-pass shaves. No irritation, very forgiving, I don't nick myself with this one, the most enjoyable blade I've found.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Two weeks ago I purchased 100 Shark Super Chrome DE razor blades from West Coast Shaving.
And this morning I had my very first shave with one of these magnificent razor blades.
Amazing.
Truly amazing.
These blades are VERY sharp and VERY smooth.
I got an incredible close, irritation free and comfortable shave!
The Shark Super Chrome blades seem to be a bit sharper and a bit less forgiving than the Israeli Red pack Personna, which are my current favourite Double Edge razor blades.
That said, I am totally satisfied with my purchase and with the great shave I got.
Shark blades have a high reputation among experienced wet shavers and now have deserved a spot in my very short list of top quality blades.

P.S. West Coast Shaving = Top-notch products, great customer service and excellent prices.:thumbup1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I have had very good shaves with these blades. They are not quite as sharp as Derby, and I feel that they become a bit dull after three mornings, but the first three days they do give close, comfortable shaves. The price is extremely reasonable (especially on ebay) and I like the graphics on the individual wrappers. They are not, I repeat, Derby, but far, far better than Sharp, at least in my experience. I do not mind having this blade in my rotation nor keeping a few in my dopp kit for travel.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Price is right. Packaging is perfect to fit in my Gillette Travel Tech case. I get great shaves from them. I like everything about them. They're a little more expensive than the Derbys, but I can use Sharks in my milder razors and Derbys in my more aggressive razors and still get BBS shaves with no irritation.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Shark's, when I first tried them, seemed pretty good. But, I was still pretty new to wet shaving, and had some technique to work on. When it came time for my sophomore blade sampling, I found myself disappointed with the Shark's I liked when I first started out. Though the name, packaging, and price are all pretty good, I found the blade to be fairly dull, and I saw little hair reduction on WTG passes. If I had my Gillette adjustable set low, I was pretty much not shaving, but if it was set high, the Sharks had a bite to them I didn't like. Although, the blades are made well, and I was getting consistent shaves--not all that great, but I was able to get 6 shaves out of the four blades I tried before I felt it necessary to switch them. I can't say for sure that this longevity was due to them just not cutting hairs, therefore not being worn out, or if they were just made that well. All the same, not a bad blade, and definitely worth a try.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
These are my favs so far. I like the Feathers, but like train said, I do not cut myself with these. They last forever, too. I normally switch out every week regardless, but with the Shark, I went almost two.
I've shaved with most of the popular brands and I've never posted a review of a blade until after I shaved with a Shark. When I shaved this morning I had to double check to make sure there was actually a blade in my Super Speed. I could neither feel nor hear anything as it erased my whiskers. I was quite amazed. Smooth and sharp. Longevity? I don't know yet, but its a cheap blade, so who cares.
I found this blade to be very similar to a Derby Extra. It provides a good shave with limited tugging and no uncomfortable razor burn afterwards. Price is OK -- but I will not continue to use this blade, as I was hoping it would be sharper, smoother, and more consistent than Derby's.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
These are a good blade for daily use. Been using for two weeks straight. Not costly, sharp and lasts for me about 4 good close 3 pass shaves. I love the simple packaging- totally biodegradable- no plastic. I wish more products were packaged simply. I chipped in with two other fellows for 100, and when I run out I will likely buy more. Used in a ball handled Tech, a SS and a Fat Boy @ 3 and 4 with no problems. I asked a friend with a baby for a baby food jar and use it as a blade safe for my used blades. Keeps folks safe at little cost and does not take up much room in the bathroom cabinet.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Nice blades, I prefer the Derbys but I don't mind getting these ones now and then if I can't find Derbys.

The price is great, about 16 bucks for 100. They are not as sharp or smooth as the Derbys but they are, in my opinion, waaaaaaaay better than the more expensive Merkurs.

The last a while too. I usually change my blade once a week and I feel I could go longer with one of these. I haven't really gone longer than 1 week because they are so cheap that I don't have to.

My only complaint is that it's hard to find them in packages of less than 100. Yeah, I know, they are cheap, but I don't need to buy 100 blades.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
These Shark Super Stainless are a very good blade. They are a great combo of sharp and forgiving. Nice nick and irritation free shaves at a good price to boot. Recommened.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
These are my favorite blades. I usually have to make 4 complete passes since my hair is curly and grows in different directions. These stand up and give me zero irritation. I get a full week out of them too. Definitely my go to blade at the moment.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I've been using Shark blades for several weeks now as my entry blade as a beginner wet shaver. I've recently been trying some different blades, but after my sample test run, I think I might be going back to Shark.

Very consistent, smooth shave. I found other blades (Derby, Feather) to give me a great shave, but with the price of a couple nicks. With the Sharks, I still get the great shave without sacrificing any blood.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
These guys are sharp but lack the smoothness of slightly more expensive blades. They fall just a tad short in longevity as well but are perfectly acceptable for what they cost.

For some reason, when I switched over, I started getting random bumps (ingrowns). They don't last long and that's usually a sign that I'm using a really sharp blade. My Russian Yellows are sharper but much more smooth and the bump phenomena didn't last long at all after I started using them.

I would definitely say to a noobie to skip the 7 a.m.'s (for the price) and try some Sharks on your way up the blade ladder.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
These are my go to blade at the moment. The fact that I can get them locally is a major plus. The Sharks are the only blade that doesn't drag or pull at my face and I can easily go 3 passes with touch-ups after wards. Highly recommend for the "newb" or seasoned vet, these do not disappoint.

Russ
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Let's start at the bottom with packaging. I recently switched from Derby Extra blades to these. The reason? The Derbys don't have a SHARK on the box. Enough said.

At under 20 cents a blade you can't go wrong with these, they are at least as sharp as, and in my opinion longer lasting than, the Derby blades. The shave is super smooth after your basic three pass shave, and i've noticed my face is taking longer to feel rough to the touch. Overall and excellent products, highly recommended.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
5.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I've used thse all thsi week, and they are a great choice. In a red-tip superspeed no irritation, good smooth shave.

Excellent price from Melyus and the cool shark graphics rock.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)