What's new

Real Shaving Company Shaving Cream

Item Description

Lathers well with a boar brush even in the hardest water. Lubricity was good although not as slippery as the soaps that I am accustomed to (Colonel Conk, VDH) . The trick with this cream is to not use too much, as the lubricity is reduced if insufficient water is mixed in.

The cream itself is pearlescent, reminiscent of Palmolive or Colgate cream in a tube. The scent I could do without, as it does linger for the rest of the day. I will however, carry it in my travels due to it's efficacy in hard water and it's convenient tube package. I don't know if I would choose it again, although there are so few creams available locally in Bethlehem Pennsylvania.

Made in England

Here I am replying to my own review:
I have had this in my travel kit and started using it again all last week. The scent seems to have faded a bit, now I like it a lot more. Good shaves, inexpensive. Works better with a badger brush than a boar brush.

Latest reviews

Pros: lathers really well in hard water
I'm relatively new to wet shaving so I don't have a lot to compare this product too. I've used proraso soap in the green tub, and I've also used some creams from www.yorkgrooming.co .

Before I go any further I need to mention that I have well water that is incredibly harder. So hard that even a water softener won't do anything.

With the first two products I tried I could never get the rich lather that you hear people talking about. I always got thin useable lather that shaved better than the canned gunk but never anything that I'd write home about.

Enter in this new product that I saw at the local Shoppers Drug Mart. Talk about a lather. A little dab on the brush and I had enough for 3-4 passes, though I only do 2. Lather felt great, didn't irritate the skin or dry it out either. And the smell was relatively mild and didn't linger.

While I look forward to trying out new creams and soaps this will most likely be my go to cream.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Low price, Available at Local Rite Aid, Decent Shave.
Cons: Boring
To me this seems like the poor man's version of a traditional unscented cream, like AOS unscented or something along that line. It doesn't quite work as well as many traditional creams but for the price, you could do a lot worse. Overall, I found this to be a decent buy, and it is nice to have it in your arsenal in a pinch. In fact I think that is the best way to describe this cream...decent. It provides a decent lather, gives you decent protection, and will give you a decent shave. The price however, is not decent, it is great. I have tried much worse creams that cost more. I am not running out to buy more, but I keep it around just in case I need it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap!!
Cons: It's kind of cheap
No bad, cheap so easy to deal with. I quite like it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)