What's new

Proraso sapone da barba (green tub)

Item Description

I began using this great soap several years ago when I received it from my brother-in-law. I enjoyed it right off the bat, because it reminded me of my old-time Noxzema lather cream. Now, this soap hasn't got a fragrant scent, and perhaps it's just a bit lacking in the way of moisturization, but everything else about it makes it a winner! :smile: It's so nice and cooling, which makes for a terrific summer morning shave, and price-wise, 150 ml for just 7 bucks or so makes it almost a steal! Great for shavers on a budget.

Jeff

Latest reviews

Pros: menthol, lather
Cons: none
I received mine through a PIF and so price was #1 in my book. This stuff lathers up well and the menthol is nicely balanced and not overwhelming.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Lather, price, the feel of it in my pores, post shave
Cons: none
I love using Proraso in the green tub. Eucalyptus & menthol felt great during the shave and afterwards, for hours in fact. It lathered very well and easily, the price was great and it is carried by most reputable online stores.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Newbie proof
Cons: Nil.
A little clarification on the above scores and comments. Shaver Shop in Australia totally rips on price but I simply had to get a tub and couldn't wait for an online delivery (have since found MUCH cheaper local carriers).

In terms of newbie proof being a 2 month "veteran" of wet shaving I find that I can much more easily and consistently achieve gorgeous lather with this stuff than any of my much more expensive English soaps (love them too!).

Scent is a deal breaker for some and proraso, like cella and tabac, polarizes opinions. For me it works and I also enjoy that mentholly goodness every time I use it.

Layered over the proraso preshave and finished with the AS I get to enjoy my own "Italian Job" every day.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)