What's new

Proraso Green Tea and Aloe soap

Pros: Easy to lather, smells great, skin feels cool and fresh during and after shave.
Cons: No idea.
First lather I have tried. I have to say that compared to regular shaving cream, this is like gold lol. It does an AMAZING job at lathering, feels great on the skin the whole time you use it. When a product is this great you don't need massive explanations as to why. Take my word for it, if you're at Shoppers Drug Mart and see this there, it's not garbage, you'll enjoy using it :).
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Easy to work with, easy to find
Cons: Lots of SLS
Price: This is not the cheapest item down under, I think it's much cheaper elsewhere but considering what's available in the importation, it's not too bad
Quality: Product is ok on this note. The ingredient list could be better. I would place that product as average/common
Scent: Some kind of a green scent, there's menthol but probably less than half compared to the green tub.
Lather: Lather works well thanks to all the SLS.
Efficacy: It will get you there, that's for sure.
Moisturizing: No issues on this one either...

Ingredient list: Aqua (water), Stearic Acid, Cocos nucifera(Coconut Oil), Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Parfum(Fragrance), Aloe Barbadensis Gel (Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice), Camellia sinensis Leaf Extract, PEG-150 Distearate, Menthol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Triclosan, Boric Acid, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Geraniol, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Pentaerythrytyl Tera-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Etridronic Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Borate

After all this, yes, I would still recommend this product. I have no doubt there are better product with a better ingredient list out there. I would recommend this product for the availability and the easy to use factor. Would I buy it again myself? Probably yes, it's good in the summer. However, I won't be rushing to get my next tub as there are so many products to try!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Suprisingly creamy and it's easy to build a lather!
Cons: Snap-on lid; not great for traveling.
This is more like a cross between a soap and a cream. Its texture is similar to Noxzema. It lathers beautifully on the face or in a bowl. It does a great job protecting the face. This will stay in my rotation.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Moisturizing, Scent, Lather
Cons: Amount of Product Needed (Maybe Brush)
WOW! I've been wetshaving for about 4-5 years now (since I was 14-15) and De shaving for about 2-2.5 now.

Out of all the products I have tried (TOBS Rose, Col Conk bay rum, Williams, Trumpers Almond, Wilk Sword Soap, Old Spice Cream, Arko Stick, Proraso Green Tube)

This just gave me the closest, smoothest, nick-free shave I've ever gotten. It's a shame my boar brushes aren't completely broken in yet and I had to resort to my Vulfix Pure Badger to get the lather in but this product is amazing.

I thought for the winter months the proraso green tub may be too much, so I went and bought this today after my green tube ran out.

I almost picked up the green, but wow am I glad I didn't!

I may post another review after I get properly broken in brushes as my silvertip is too soft and uses too much product/is a *** (Frank Shaving) and the pure badger is too scratchy and irritates my skin.

Only con I have is that I dont like how you have to pull the tops off the plastic tubs as this can be hard with wet fingers and when you have short nails. I guess you should just do that before you get wet?

edit - I have to add, just sitting here as I stroke my finger ATG along my cheek I feel the slight menthol tinge cooling my skin in a good way. I didn't get perfect bbs everywhere but this is damn close and I know with a little bit more I'll get it. Where I get bbs, I have better skin than I ever have had in my life.

And final note (this is long winded I know) the only reason I didn't get bbs everywhere is because I missed a few spots and didn't want to keep rubbing my pure badger there. Otherwise I would have gotten my first ever complete BBS Shave!

OMG. Lol, I have tabac sitting in my room but I've found my saving soap (no typo) ;)

BUY THIS!

Re-post from creams. People have to get this, it beats out everyhting including green Imo which would be too harsh for my skin atm. (Been shaving everyday instead of skipping and I was feeling it, until I got this.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Economical, lathers well, moisturizing
Cons: Smells like pumpkin
Why did I have to read the review that claims that this product smells like pumpkin guts?!?

While this soap lathers well (I find it face lathers better than it bowl lathers), and provides an excellent smooth shave, I am having a hard time getting passed the smell. If I hadn't have read the aforementioned review I would probably just think that the soap had a "clean" smell.

All that aside this soap is great, it loads well on the brush relatively quickly, I think I would have been better off with the green tub.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
for the price is good 8/10
overall just avarage 5/10
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Low price, scent, latherability.
Not very different to the 'green' Proraso, perhaps the scent is less intense. A medium quality product overall, nothing extraordinary in my humble opinion.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
TOLD YOU !!

I saw that one coming (after seeing the Green Tea and Aloe foam on the shelves), and hopefully, they also make the cream. :w00t:

It's for very sensitive skin, and does not not have camphor and eucalyptus,(and has just a bit of menthol)

Bought it 1 hour ago (just a trip to a drugstore, took me 5 minutes, hehe :ihih: ), tried it and love it.

Scent : the scent is similar as the Eshave White Tea cream, but not as strong. :001_tt1:

Performance : great; slick and soothing.

Cooling : not as cooling as the original soap; has a bit of menthol, and there is no eucalyptus and camphor.

VERDICT : Yes yes yes. :thumbup1:

displayimage.php

Note: I bought mine at Pharmaprix (the one close to Futureshop), but they had only 3 tubs ; it's also available at Vasco
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Picked a tub up yesterday omw to work. Light tea tree scent, shaves great. Fantastic moisturizing properties. It's very exciting seeing Proraso come out with another scent, even if it is purely for functional purpose (tea and aloe vera being for sensitive skin).

Now, Rose might be ambitious for the Italians... but what about lavendar and/or lime?! :em3200:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Spectacular scent!!! An excellent soap, with very nice lather.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Two words. Pumpkin guts.

This stuff smells exactly like a few days before Halloween when you are elbow deep in pumpkin guts. Other than that a pretty average performer. Not bad, but not great.

However, the smell is so pumpkin-gut-pungent that I can only stand to pull it out about once a year.... Say, on or around October 31st... :wink:
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Excellent soap! It is super easy to make lather with. The lather is rich and slick and offers great protection against razor burn. The scent is reallly nice too.

I find the cooling effect perfect (and I don't usually like cooling effect). It's not as strong as the green or the red tube but you can still feel a nice cooling effect from the menthol.

I hope they will offer the cream version of this soap.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I've been using this for a few days and have concluded that I really like this product. It lathers easily, the lather seems to retain moisture for a long time and my blades just seem to glide right through.

My skin is somewhat sensitive and this has been protective and moisturizing.

The price is very reasonable. With the exception of the scent, which is almost non existent, this soap has been a nice addition to my rotation.

I would say that if you have sensitive skin, this is a must-have item.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I much prefer this to the regular Proraso cream or soap. I guess menthol isn't doing it for me. I love the scent, though the "pumpkin guts" characterization had kept me away. I don't get that at all, frankly. It is sort of like a compressed cream, but it seems to last.

Picked this up in Montreal last month, and am kicking myself for not grabbing a spare for travel. Lathers like the dickens, and keeps my skin soft.

Falls short only in comparison to much more expensive stuff I've tried, like Trumper's Truefitt, or Taylor's. Much easier to lather than MWF, and feels equally moisturizing to me. Beats Conk, C&E, and Pirates Cove in both lather and glide, though perhaps not scent.

Strong, strong recommendation.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I prefer this to the green menthol version, especially now, in the winter months, since menthol is too cooling.

While I don't really care for the scent (hence the only rating below 10), it is not displeasing.

The lather is one of the most slick and cushionable I have ever obtained since I wet shave. It took a little bit of time to master, since I found it takes a larger quantity of soap, but the end-result is tremendous.

Highly recommended!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
What can I say, I love this lather. Not only is it very easy to find, but it's a good price too. What I love is that it's so slick it takes a long time to dry out. Although I did find that it could be slightly more moisturizing (but I have sensitive skin). Great stuff. And yes, it does strangely smell reminiscent of pumpkin guts, although I didn't realize until I read that! (good smell though)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I enjoyed this soap a little more than the green tub. It lathers about the same, but I seem to get slightly better overall results. The scent is a bit funky. I can't really describe it. I can't say I enjoy it, but it's not bad enough to turn me away. Thankfully it fades fast after the shave and didn't interfere with any post shave products. I can't really imagine anyone truly liking this scent, but to each his own. Like I said the shave result makes the difference. Give it a shot.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
I bought this from QED for less than $10 and was delighted by my first shave with it this morning. I had no problem making a thick lather in my C & E shaving bowl by first swirling it with a damp brush and adding H20 a couple of times. Yes, the scent is different, but I did not find it offensive. My wife actually said she liked it :wink:. I enjoy the aroma of green tea and wish that the scent of it was more prominent in this product. Otherwise, I have no complaints. I had no nicks and it seems to moisturize pretty well. The menthol effect was just the way I like it- noticeable but not overpowering or skin numbing. Well done. I will probably buy it again in the future.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
This is a great soap that is very reasonably priced. I really like the scent-- it's unique and hard to describe but I can't agree with the comparison to pumpkin guts.

I took off a point for efficacy only because it's not quite as cushioning as some creams I've used. I also didn't find it really moisturized, but then again it also didn't really dry my skin out either. It still gives a great shave. I'm a big fan of all Proraso products and this one is no exception.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I tried this soap the other day was quite pleased with the shave. The lather is fine, very protective and has good glide. Also it didn't dry my skin after the shave. I don't see the scent as being an issue, especially once the soap is lathered up. I don't really have much to add to the other reviews except one thing: if you have acne prone skin, approach this soap with caution or be extra careful to rinse well after shaving with this. It caused me to break out a little in the couple of days after the shave.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)