What's new

Proraso Green Tea and Aloe soap

I use this as my primary shave soap. I shave both my face and my head. Though the lather can be a little flat (I also use city water), I love the chemistry. It's very silky, soothing, and not overbearing with scent. Just a nice, clean product that gets the job done at an excellent price. One tub will go a long way and last many, many shaves.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
This is my go-to soap. This soap lathers up very nicely, I can get a thick rich lather every time. I like the somewhat 'raw' smell to it, as well as the slight (not nearly as much as the proraso cream) tingle from the menthol. I don't remember how much I paid for it, but I know it wasn't too much, and I've been using it a few time a week for almost the last year.

I definitely will buy this soap again when I run out.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I've been using Proraso Shaving Soap with Aloe and Green Tea for several months, now. When I first got it, I was initially underwhelmed. I was just beginning my exploration into various shaving soaps and creams, and was most enjoying those that brought unique and pleasing scents to the process. I tried this Proraso, and while it shaved well enough, I set it aside for better smelling alternatives.

As the months went by, I found myself reaching for the Proraso when my face was feeling a little abused. Shaving experimentation can result in the occasional bad shave, and over time, this shaving soap became my go-to when my face required some relief. With each successive shave, I appreciated the soap more. Over time, I found myself reaching for this soap even when I didn't need to rely on the calming lather to recover from a rough shave.

The soap pairs very well with the Proraso Pre/Post products, both the regular and the sensitive, but neither is necessary to get the best out of this soap. The soap provides as good a shave as its green brother, though it isn't nearly as cooling. In fact, it makes a great winter alternative for Proraso fans who don't care for the full menthol blast during those months.

Price:
I'd characterize this soap as a mid range product, price-wise.

Quality:
Like all Proraso products I've tried, the quality is top notch, even though the container is cheap plastic.

Scent:
The only downside to this product is the scent. Fortunately, it is very subtle, and does not last past the shave.

Lather:
The soap lathers easily. The lather produced provides more cushion than slickness, and is calming to the skin.

Conclusion:
Proraso Shaving Soap with Aloe and Green Tea is an excellent value that delivers comfortable shaves.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
This soap explodes with good lather, once I learned how to use it. I bought this soap before I learned good soap lather technique, now I find it very easy to get good and copious lather by using a well shaken brush to load, then whipping up a lather in a bowl with the teaspoonful of hot water I leave on top of the soap during the shower. As far as the scent, YMMV. I love it, but different from the SC. Look forward to using it, nice cushioning lather, economical (this stuff lasts forever)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I picked this up a few months ago at SDM in TO just to try something different. I was initially disappointed that I picked up soap; just don't like the hassle of soaps. But I'm very pleased with this product.
Price: No comment because it was purchased on a whim, besides with the CA vs. USD exchange it’s hard to really judge.

Quality: Very high quality, what is expected of Proraso.

Scent: This seems to be one area of discussion among the reviewers. I like the scent, rich without over flowerily.

Lather: Very rich lather, for a soap it is very easy to lather. I use this in the shower and always get a rich, moisturizing lather. No burn or dryness.

Just a quick note, I wasn’t aware that this was a sensitive skin product until I read this review; the white Proraso represents a nice replacement/substitute for TOBS hypo-allergenic which I have suggested to folks with sensitive skin problems.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I absolutely love this soap. Its scent is ever-present but never over-powering. It also provides great cushion. Highly recommended.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
This is a great soap and a regular in my rotation.

I have read all the negative reviews about the scent - I do not agree. The scent to me smells like aloe and green tea!

It is a great soap, very moisturising and is great for those with sensitive skin.
wow, pumpkin guts? Gagging on this smell? Smells sort of like lemon meringue to me really. I know everyone is different, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but wow. I'm amazed that its scent gets a negative review.

Other than that, it's definitely milder on your skin than proraso green. It's a nice twist on the regular proraso soap. Worth a try.
I haven't actually used this product, but I have almost everything else Proraso puts out and wanted to add this as a final touch (I'm lacking a tube of Proraso Red as well). Anyway, I went to the drugstore and for whatever reason I decided to smell the soap first. I opened it and took a big whiff in the aisle and gagged! The smell, for whatever reason, is just atrocious to me. I was shocked and, needless to say, didn't end up purchasing it.
proxy.php

This soap rocks! I had never thought I would find a soap that could seriously compete with Mitchell's Wool Fat as my favourite soap - but the white Proraso is giving it a fair fight.

Price:
Considering the quality this product is a downright bargain!

Quality:
Very high. This product does everything it promises perfectly. This is the soap for my sensitive and dry skin

Scent:
Very organic and vegetal, like a greenhouse just after watering the plants. I can imagine that not all likes this scent, personally I really like it for it's freshness. The scent doesn't linger at all

Lather:
With this soap it is easy to create huge amounts of thick, slick, foamy lather

Efficacy:
The softness of this soap makes a little hard not to pick up more soap than actually needed in the brush, but cinsidering the price; who really cares?

Moisturizing:
Of all my soaps the white Proraso is the most moisturizing, my skin loves it!

This soap is a must have for every wetshaver - some may not find the scent that agreeable, but even so the fantastic properties should make up for that.
If you have sensitive skin this soap might very well be the answer to your prayers and dreams.

Regards.

Jakob
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I recently switched from soap bars to this. This stuff is more like a thick soap paste. A few swirls is all it takes to load the brush.

Produces great rich thick lather. Not a huge fan of the scent, but its ok. The cooling effect of the lather is quite nice. Keeps your face feeling fresh.

Until I find something better, this will be the shaving soap for a while.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I've been shaving with this creamy soap (or soapy cream?) for a week now and I like it very, very, very much. It lathers quite easily: I just soak it with a little more hot water compared to other shaving soaps. In doing so, loading the brush becomes a piece of cake. Then I lather straight to the face, with results in extremely slick lather. It even passed my final test of shaving with a Merkur slant + Feather blade. The only other soaps/creams I use before shaving with this kit are Proraso green tube cream and TOB rose & avocado.
Scent is okay (fresh), price is okay (online here in the Netherlands), but this jar was extremely cheap because a friend brought it over from Italy....
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
it's been 3 days i am using it and every time everythings looks good except after 1 minutes my face seems to light on fire... good quality stuff but does'nt work for me
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
I tried this soap the other day was quite pleased with the shave. The lather is fine, very protective and has good glide. Also it didn't dry my skin after the shave. I don't see the scent as being an issue, especially once the soap is lathered up. I don't really have much to add to the other reviews except one thing: if you have acne prone skin, approach this soap with caution or be extra careful to rinse well after shaving with this. It caused me to break out a little in the couple of days after the shave.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
This is a great soap that is very reasonably priced. I really like the scent-- it's unique and hard to describe but I can't agree with the comparison to pumpkin guts.

I took off a point for efficacy only because it's not quite as cushioning as some creams I've used. I also didn't find it really moisturized, but then again it also didn't really dry my skin out either. It still gives a great shave. I'm a big fan of all Proraso products and this one is no exception.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I bought this from QED for less than $10 and was delighted by my first shave with it this morning. I had no problem making a thick lather in my C & E shaving bowl by first swirling it with a damp brush and adding H20 a couple of times. Yes, the scent is different, but I did not find it offensive. My wife actually said she liked it :wink:. I enjoy the aroma of green tea and wish that the scent of it was more prominent in this product. Otherwise, I have no complaints. I had no nicks and it seems to moisturize pretty well. The menthol effect was just the way I like it- noticeable but not overpowering or skin numbing. Well done. I will probably buy it again in the future.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I enjoyed this soap a little more than the green tub. It lathers about the same, but I seem to get slightly better overall results. The scent is a bit funky. I can't really describe it. I can't say I enjoy it, but it's not bad enough to turn me away. Thankfully it fades fast after the shave and didn't interfere with any post shave products. I can't really imagine anyone truly liking this scent, but to each his own. Like I said the shave result makes the difference. Give it a shot.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
What can I say, I love this lather. Not only is it very easy to find, but it's a good price too. What I love is that it's so slick it takes a long time to dry out. Although I did find that it could be slightly more moisturizing (but I have sensitive skin). Great stuff. And yes, it does strangely smell reminiscent of pumpkin guts, although I didn't realize until I read that! (good smell though)
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I prefer this to the green menthol version, especially now, in the winter months, since menthol is too cooling.

While I don't really care for the scent (hence the only rating below 10), it is not displeasing.

The lather is one of the most slick and cushionable I have ever obtained since I wet shave. It took a little bit of time to master, since I found it takes a larger quantity of soap, but the end-result is tremendous.

Highly recommended!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I much prefer this to the regular Proraso cream or soap. I guess menthol isn't doing it for me. I love the scent, though the "pumpkin guts" characterization had kept me away. I don't get that at all, frankly. It is sort of like a compressed cream, but it seems to last.

Picked this up in Montreal last month, and am kicking myself for not grabbing a spare for travel. Lathers like the dickens, and keeps my skin soft.

Falls short only in comparison to much more expensive stuff I've tried, like Trumper's Truefitt, or Taylor's. Much easier to lather than MWF, and feels equally moisturizing to me. Beats Conk, C&E, and Pirates Cove in both lather and glide, though perhaps not scent.

Strong, strong recommendation.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing