What's new

Proraso Green Tea and Aloe soap

I've been using this for a few days and have concluded that I really like this product. It lathers easily, the lather seems to retain moisture for a long time and my blades just seem to glide right through.

My skin is somewhat sensitive and this has been protective and moisturizing.

The price is very reasonable. With the exception of the scent, which is almost non existent, this soap has been a nice addition to my rotation.

I would say that if you have sensitive skin, this is a must-have item.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Excellent soap! It is super easy to make lather with. The lather is rich and slick and offers great protection against razor burn. The scent is reallly nice too.

I find the cooling effect perfect (and I don't usually like cooling effect). It's not as strong as the green or the red tube but you can still feel a nice cooling effect from the menthol.

I hope they will offer the cream version of this soap.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Two words. Pumpkin guts.

This stuff smells exactly like a few days before Halloween when you are elbow deep in pumpkin guts. Other than that a pretty average performer. Not bad, but not great.

However, the smell is so pumpkin-gut-pungent that I can only stand to pull it out about once a year.... Say, on or around October 31st... :wink:
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Spectacular scent!!! An excellent soap, with very nice lather.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Picked a tub up yesterday omw to work. Light tea tree scent, shaves great. Fantastic moisturizing properties. It's very exciting seeing Proraso come out with another scent, even if it is purely for functional purpose (tea and aloe vera being for sensitive skin).

Now, Rose might be ambitious for the Italians... but what about lavendar and/or lime?! :em3200:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
TOLD YOU !!

I saw that one coming (after seeing the Green Tea and Aloe foam on the shelves), and hopefully, they also make the cream. :w00t:

It's for very sensitive skin, and does not not have camphor and eucalyptus,(and has just a bit of menthol)

Bought it 1 hour ago (just a trip to a drugstore, took me 5 minutes, hehe :ihih: ), tried it and love it.

Scent : the scent is similar as the Eshave White Tea cream, but not as strong. :001_tt1:

Performance : great; slick and soothing.

Cooling : not as cooling as the original soap; has a bit of menthol, and there is no eucalyptus and camphor.

VERDICT : Yes yes yes. :thumbup1:

displayimage.php

Note: I bought mine at Pharmaprix (the one close to Futureshop), but they had only 3 tubs ; it's also available at Vasco
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)