What's new

Proraso Aftershave Splash

Item Description

P1010054.JPG

Gents,
Well I had been wanting to snag a bottle of this for quite some time - and finally got around to purchasing a bottle - among other things - from QED. It arrived in an interesting shiny green box, with a neat "grating" effect/feel to the box.... very different from the white box the liquid cream comes in.

I whipped this sucker outta the box.... and it was love at first sniff, simply delightful stuff and smells much different than the standard proraso scent. This splash has a lovely mix of light, zesty, vetiver like scents, very subtle, very interesting. I find it to be quite delightful. (** UPDATE - I have since grown a touch distant to this scent... I think it is a touch medicinal, however it is not very lasting)

P1010056.JPG

This splash comes in the same bottle style as the cream - with the exception of a "splash" top with just a small hole in a fitted button of plastic. It dispenses the desired amount with relative ease.

Now on to the important stuff.... how does it work? In my opinion - rather nice! It provides a wonderful cooling feeling- followed by a delightful scent, and a great - deep toning effect. The witch hazel in this concoction does a wonderful job at soothing you face as does the allantoin. It does just as it claims - freshens, moisturizes (lightly) and tones while soothing irritation. For summer use this stuff is delightful.

How does it compare to the liquid cream? Night and day..... very different products. I have tried using the splash along side BEFORE using the cream as a 1-2 measure which was quite nice. On its own they both do very well - for hot summer use - I prefer the splash- and look forward to using it quite frequently this summer. If you have dry skin - the liquid cream may be your best bet - as it has just that perfect amount of moisture - but the neat thing about this proraso splash is that it can simply be used as a soothing toner - before the application of your desired a/s balm.

I'd give it a strong recommendation - especially if you enjoy traditional after shave splashes!

Latest reviews

Pros: Great ,clean,scent thats not too strong.lots of goodies like witch hazel,allatoin
Cons: not very moisterizing but who cares,not many splashes are
I love it!This stuff is AWESOME!The BEST splash Ive ever used.Has a mild but very cooling menthol kick,very soothing thanks to the witch hazel,the burn from the alcohol is very mild,but yet depends on the shave.The scent is very crisp,clean,and dries down to a clean non offensive scent and doesnt over power or make you smell like you bathed in it.Leaves my face feeling refreshed and calm after a shave.As for moisturizing,not very much,but enough and not to heavy which makes it a great after shave all year around.I never feel the need to follow with a balm after using this.The price I paid for it was worth every single penny I paid for it.Sadly its being replaced with the new formula which Ive already ordered and cant wait to try.A top notch splash that Im already planning on stocking up on.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Price: I paid $15 shipped. A real bargain for this product. Quality: This is a quality product that should be in every wet shavers cabinet. Fights Razor Burn: I find that Proraso as calms any irritation that I might have from the occasional rough shave. The witch hazel in this product is a real plus. Cooling Sensation: Loads of menthol here. You don't get more cooling sensation than this. Scent: This as has a very old school barber shop type scent. No complaints here. Smells exactly like the balm version of this product. Efficacy: Works great and gets the job done. Moisturizing: For a lotion/splash, this moisturizes very well. After the first time I used this, I was surprised that I didn't need to use a balm or other moisturizing product, like I do when I use most lotion as products. Big plus here. No Alcohol Burn: Almost no alcohol burn when I use this. This lotion gives me less burn that any other splash as. Once again I give it high marks here as well.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Price: Not bad. It's not the cheapest thing out there, but I think the price is justified.

Quality: Top notch as far as I can tell.

Fights Razor Burn: It does a great job calming my skin down after a shave.

Cooling Sensation: The splash has a nice, refreshing cooling sensation that isn't overwhelming.

Scent: At first it's a pretty modern scent but cools down quickly on my skin and leaves a very subtle fresh, clean scent. I personally enjoy the subtle scent quite a bit.

Efficacy: Top notch.

Moisturizing: As others have said. Not super moisturizing, as it is a splash- but it doesn't dry my skin out too much. I can use the splash on its own in the spring/summer.

No Alcohol Burn: I don't get much of a burn at all from the splash. Maybe a slight tingle but it's very pleasant.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)