What's new

Personna Barber Blade

Item Description

This blade is very smooth, having a teflon like coating. The shave is SMOOTH and close. I achieve BBS'ness with comfort and my face is left with many layers of skin on it, unlike some blades that are very sharp and uncomfortable. When I was using the Israeli Crystal blades the shave seemed very scratchy, but the results weren't bad. Not so with the Barber blade, since each shave feels nice and comfortable. Applying aftershave with alcohol after using the barber blade produces very little to zero sting; it's that smooth in the hand of a skilled user. Or maybe it's just a good blade, I'm not sure. With proper pre-shave prep you should have a most comfortable and enjoyable outcome like me. Personally, I highly value a comfortable blade, but the blade must also be quality enough to last atleast 4 shaves. I believe these blades are designed to be broken in half if needed, presumably by a barber.
For reference, my other blades of choice are Sputnik teflons, Gillette 7'oclock Yellows(Edit: Indian blacks are smoother for me), Voskhods.. all from the motherland. That should give you an idea of what I like in a blade... laser-like comfort.

I honestly haven't tried the Personna Med Preps or Labs yet, otherwise I would compare these to them. I think Personna USA makes a killer blade here that balances aggression with comfort very well.

Purchased from razorbladesandmore.com. I am very happy to buy American made blades when they are quality like this Barber blade. When purchased by the dozen they come for .40/blade. You will drop only .17/blade for 250 of these, and that my friends, is glorious. Just start with a pack of 10 of these very quality blades.

Each blade comes wrapped in a single, all white wrapper and there are zero glue spots. Very understated.

Latest reviews

Pros: Forgiving
Cons: It won't give you more than one shave
I bought these at Sally's thinking why not . My take on these are it is forgiving on the skin with three passes on the first shave. When I went for that second shave after the first pass I got a little razor burn.

I have very coarse hair and sensitive skin. Overall nice blade but I could not get a second shave out of them.

Pretty cool that they are made in the America.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap Price, sharp
Cons: No coating, 1 shave per blade, raw feeling
Gives a close shave, but it doesn't feel like it has any coating and felt rough and left my face feeling raw. The only reason I bought them is because they were made in America, not the worst blade I have had but definitely in the bottom 3.

They are as cheap as Astra's (same price $10 for 100) but don't shave like an Astra and I can only get 1 shave per blade while I get 2-3 out of an Astra and 3-4 out of a blue bird.

The box is tiny but comes with 100 blades in such a small package and does not come with blade disposal. The blades are wrapped in plain paper (not waxed) so I store them in a bag with some baby powder to keep them dry from the high humidity environment of the bathroom.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
Pros: at local sally store
Cons: everything except the one positive
this is the only blade ive tried so far that i didnt even finish the first shave with. the blade felt like it was pulling each individual hair out of my face insead of cutting though them. very rough feel as you pulled it across face, was kinda hard to tell though because of the pulling being so bad. I was using in a merkur 180. I may go back and try again at a later date since i have 4 blades left in the pack but i will use a different razor next time.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)