What's new

Personna Barber Blade

Pros: Forgiving
Cons: It won't give you more than one shave
I bought these at Sally's thinking why not . My take on these are it is forgiving on the skin with three passes on the first shave. When I went for that second shave after the first pass I got a little razor burn.

I have very coarse hair and sensitive skin. Overall nice blade but I could not get a second shave out of them.

Pretty cool that they are made in the America.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Cheap Price, sharp
Cons: No coating, 1 shave per blade, raw feeling
Gives a close shave, but it doesn't feel like it has any coating and felt rough and left my face feeling raw. The only reason I bought them is because they were made in America, not the worst blade I have had but definitely in the bottom 3.

They are as cheap as Astra's (same price $10 for 100) but don't shave like an Astra and I can only get 1 shave per blade while I get 2-3 out of an Astra and 3-4 out of a blue bird.

The box is tiny but comes with 100 blades in such a small package and does not come with blade disposal. The blades are wrapped in plain paper (not waxed) so I store them in a bag with some baby powder to keep them dry from the high humidity environment of the bathroom.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
Pros: at local sally store
Cons: everything except the one positive
this is the only blade ive tried so far that i didnt even finish the first shave with. the blade felt like it was pulling each individual hair out of my face insead of cutting though them. very rough feel as you pulled it across face, was kinda hard to tell though because of the pulling being so bad. I was using in a merkur 180. I may go back and try again at a later date since i have 4 blades left in the pack but i will use a different razor next time.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Two great smooth shaves
Cons: An iffy third then a lousy fourth.
Petty the blade quality doesn't match the package which is the best as far as used blade storage.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Pros: Nice Package, no glue
Cons: Not very sharp
I bought a few of these to try along with some Med Preps and Labs. I normally use Feathers or S.Is. and had heard good things about the Personna Med Prep Blades.

The Med Preps were good as expected, maybe close to an S.I. The Barbers were NOT. I took it out after 1/2 of one pass and changed to a Personna Lab, which was much better.

The Barber seemed dull and tugged a lot. I'll give them another chance later (I threw that one away) but I don't expect much. Either they are all dull, or their consistency is not very good.

My scores are kinda of biased since I only used the blade for 1/3rd of a shave, but that was all I could take. Not what I expected from a Barber Blade.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)