What's new

Pacific Shaving Company Shave Oil

Item Description

Hands down the best shave oil I have found for your dollar. I am basing the rating numbers that 5 is average, that said this is an above average oil for a below average price. 2 oz. of this good quality shave oil is only $23, and with a great oil like T&H at $18 per ounce this is a no brainer buy. It is a thin and yet slick oil that does not weigh on your face like motor oil. If you like a thick oil then this is not the product for you. Yes I agree there are better quality oils out there, however I would argue ounce per ounce the best buy for shaving oils.

Latest reviews

Pros: Smells good
Cons: Ineffective; expensive
I am a big fan of Pacific Shaving's nick stick, so I decided to try their Pacific Shaving Oil. The oil smells of bergamot and tangerine. It is a very thin liquid like jojoba oil.

The product says it can be used alone without a shaving cream. I would not recommend this at all. It is not protective and doesn't provide adequate lubrication unless you use a far greater quantity than the package suggests.

Save yourself some money and buy straight jojoba oil from a health food store or Trader Joe's. It'll work just as well, you'll get a ton more, and it'll be a lot cheaper.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Durability
3.00 star(s)
Usefulness
1.00 star(s)
Performance
1.00 star(s)
This stuff is terrific. Used by itself, it is the best shave I have ever gotten (tied with euro palmolive). I have yet to try it as a pre-shave, but I imagine it works pretty much the same, since the lather would just go on top of it.
Can't recommend it enough.
I love to lather, but this stuff works so well and there is no learning curve.
Goes on clear. There is something to be said for being able to see the hair you are cutting.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
I have been using this oil as a pre-shave oil. I put it on as soon as I turn off the water in the shower and let it soak in while I dry off and whip up a lather with my shave soap. My shaves have been significantly better since I started using this oil. And it doesn't gunk up my brush.

The only criticism of this oil is that there are a couple of unnatural ingredients in it that probably aren't necessary since oil has a pretty good shelf life. I have tried to make my own shave oil with 2/3 Castor Oil 1/3 Grapeseed, and it has worked pretty well. The positives for Pacific Shave is that the oil is much thinner than most oils so it's easy to spread, the bottle easily dispenses the oil by the drop so you can be precise in the amount you use, and it has a nice, fresh citrus scent.

All in all, this is a very nice product that should significantly improve most people's shaves.
Scott
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance