What's new

Ogallala Bay Rum

Item Description

Brand new member - may as well dive in.

This is my current aftershave of choice. Coming from an unlikely origin (Nebraska), Ogallala Bay Rum is bottled in beautiful cobalt blue glass in your choice of shapes and stoppers. I ordered the glass stoppered version and it arrived in short order - and had leaked in the box. That cork just doesn't provide much safety for travel via the mail.
I personally am very fond of the Bay Rum scent though it isn't for everone. Compared to, say, the Dominica brand, Ogallala is much sweeter and lighter. It is also much lighter than Penaud. I personally find it very soothing and without burn. The scent is very nice though it dissipates quickly. The latter is a positive for me as I prefer that my own scent not be announced to others.
All in all I think it's a fine aftershave in a really beautiful bottle.

Ogallala Bay Rum

Latest reviews

Pros: Scent
I wanted to get into the world of Bay Rum, so I chose this one as my first. I absolutely LOVE the cobalt blue bottle and the nostalgic look of the label.

I didn't use a separate witch hazel, since it is my understanding that the product has witch hazel as one of the main ingredients. The first time I used it, I merely patted some on my face father my cold rinse. The reviewers weren't kidding when they talk about the burn. It's not alcohol burn, but it definitely is strong. It felt almost as if I had put icy hot on my face!!

The second day I began cutting it with my Nivea for men aftershave balm. Problem solved. I still feel a little warmth, but it is nice as opposed to painful.

My wife also likes the "Woodsy" (her word) smell. I think she is actually referring to the clove smell that is so often talked about in these reviews.

In short, I would recommend abstract you at least try this product once. I myself will prolly be purchasing more items from Ogallala in the future.

Great shaves to you.

Nate D.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
D
This is a must try. With the aftershave, cologne, and double strength options - you can dial in the potency / staying power. The scent is delightful, little or no burn, doesn't dry the skin, reasonably priced, and each batch is uniquely made by hand. Any bay rum fan must try.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
All that i can say is that it's a great Bay rum , and a natural one.
The ingredient list is quite small, it only contain witch hazel, alcohol and bay rum oil.
The scent is great , if you like Pinaud Bay rum you will love this one, it's very clovy.
When you apply it there is a burn but it fades away quite quickly and leave your skin feeling great.
The only down point i found is that the scent doesn't last very long,
but that's another thing, i might buy the special reserve cologne that is said to last longer.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)