What's new

Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandalwood Aftershave

Item Description

In the past I've always preferred very strong fragrances, Knize Ten being at the top of my list. While I may have enjoyed them, my sweetie of eighteen years not so much.

Bay Rum products are a fragrance group that both my family and I enjoy very much. My biggest grip has always been the very short staying power of what was available on the market.

Enter Ogallala. From the beginning I was impressed with their company even before sampling their fragrance line. John truly cares about his customers which is evident in taking time to correspond with them in a genuine fashion.

I initially ordered their "Bay Rum Bonanza" and "Shaving Soap Sampler" with my focus on their primary Bay Rum product - which is amazing. When I received it, I was pleasantly surprised with their Bay Rum & Sandalwood products. So much so that I later ordered their entire lineup.

As mentioned in other reviews, their price cannot be touched. I thought the days had long since passed that a product of this caliber could be affordably acquired.

Product quality is exceptional. Not only is the product exceptional, but the quality also encompasses the unique bottles, product labeling, being carefully packaged and shipped in an timely manner.

Razor burn is a very rare occurrence for me but judging from the cooling effect experienced when applied plus moisturizing benefit from the witch hazel, I am convinced that it will step up to the plate to put out those fires.

Fragrance is where this product shines. The combination of a masculine fragrance of Bay Rum with the mellow sandalwood, reminiscent of a mildly aromatic pipe tobacco, is a killer combination. My wife and daughter cannot get enough of it.

I'm one who believes in layering fragrances. Beginning by lathering up with the Bay Rum & Sandalwood shaving soap, then moving into the shower with Bay Rum & Sandalwood bath soap and shampoo. Afterward splashing on the Bay Rum & Sandalwood aftershave followed with the "Double Strength Bay Rum Cologne". If that isn't enough, give the bathroom a spritz of the Bay Rum & Sandalwood air freshener.

This fragrance has all day staying power but is not overbearing after initial application. It should be noted that my application includes my face (including goatee), neck (front and back), chest, and finally running what's left on my hands through my hair.

Of all the fragrances I've had at my disposal from the BBDC, this is the one that by far gets the most compliments.

This aftershave does exactly what it claims without any alcohol burn what so ever. It should be noted that this product MUST BE SHAKEN prior to use.

For me this is a winner hands down!

TO DISCUSS THIS REVIEW, PLEASE USE THIS THREAD!:thumbup1:

Latest reviews

Price: A 4 oz bottle sells for less than $20.

Quality: Very good.

Fights Razor Burn: Average. I find aftershaves with menthol and alcohol do a better job with fighting razor burn.

Cooling Sensation: It has no menthol and very little alcohol so N/A.

Scent: The scent is great. It is very appealing, yet unique and that's a good thing because you don't want to smell like everyone else.

Efficacy: The strong point of the Ogallala aftershaves is that they leave my face feeling great. By great I mean soft, smooth and healthy. Every time I use this aftershave I can't believe how good my face feels.

Moisturizing: It is somewhat moisturizing and it won't leave a film afterwards.

Alcohol Burn: There is almost no alcohol burn.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
A few comments...

First, this stuff has staying power, longer than most aftershaves. I'd place it in the Pinaud category of "between an aftershave and a cologne." Be wary of using a cologne after using this product.

Second, you must shake the bottle - and I mean shake it, for 30 seconds. If you do this, the fragrance will be better and you won't get much of a burn. I know some have reported a Pinaud Bay Rum-like burn with Ogallala products; you can avoid this by shaking.

Third, this smells nice; it's more mellow than their normal Bay Rum, not as heavy on the cloves. I don't think there is much sandalwood in this, but you can pick up the note. I think I like it better than their pure Bay Rum, but not as much as their Bay Rum, Limes, and Peppercorn.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
First of all, this service is the absolute best I've ever had, hands down.

I really like the bay rum and sandalwood version of the cologne. This stuff really suits someone who wants to smell like a real man.

It's got some sweet hints, and a woodsy smell.

The woodsy smell kind of hangs around, which I like. I have the regular bay rum cologne, and like it a lot, but this bay rum and sandalwood is the top dog for me.

It's tremendously unique, but a classic at the same time.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)