What's new

St. Charles Shave Shamrock Shaving Soap

Item Description

Today I had the pleasure of shaving with St. Charles Shave Shamrock Shaving Soap. The lather characteristics are equal to the remain SCS line of shaving soaps resulting in a shave very similar to T&H shaving soap. It is not as lubricating as Trumpers or Baudelaire but still results in a might fine shave. It comes in a beautiful bowl that is actually functional.

Where this soap shines is the fragrance! It is absolutely incredible - very clean and green smelling. While using it, I was stumped as to where I've smelled this before. Finally it came to me - at the flower shop. When I smelled it with my eyes closed it was as if I were smelling a freshly bought bouquet of flowers for my wife. While there is a hint of floral, the dominant note is the fresh green smell of a flower shop.

Latest reviews

This has quickly become one of my favorite scents/soaps. It's hard to beat the smell of sweet shamrock/dewy grass. The smell is light, but very refreshing.

The only drawback... there's no way to make this scent into a liquid and mix it with Jameson's! (At least, no way that doesn't result in bubbly burps). :biggrin:

-Nick
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I'm a big fan of Saint Charles shave soaps. Great products and service from Sue. This soap is great.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Price - Saint Charles Shave may have the single best price on soap in a wooden shave bowl and a luxury bowl at that (not some cheapy carnival prize bowl).

Scent - I thoroughly enjoy the smell of this soap. It reminds me of sitting on the back porch sipping iced tea while catching occasional wafts of a freshly mowed hay field in the cool evening breeze (my country bumpkin roots are showing).

Lather - The first couple of times I used this soap I was not very impressed with the lather. I suspect that I may have been using a little too much water. Anyway, the problem has been fixed and this soap has moved up a few notches in the rotation.

Moisturizing - I have a unique way that I use to test this quality in a product. After I have finished shaving, I lather my face up one final time and then leave the soap on while I clean up my shaving area, rinse out & dry my brush, etc. When I have completed everything (usually a 5 minute process), I then wash off the lather and finish out my a/s routine. This usually makes very obvious any skin drying/moisturizing tendencies that a product may have.

The Shamrock soap actually left my face feeling better than before the shave (which is a big plus in my book).

Overall - Despite my slow start, I have become quite a fan of this soap and as a result, will be purchasing a few more Saint Charles soaps. If you enjoy a clover/grass-like scent, then I highly recommend that you try this product.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)