What's new

Nivea Extreme Comfort After Shave Balm

Item Description

This is Nivea's latest balm which I spotted in Boots whilst browsing. I'm not a big fan of Nivea balm's although their moisturising products are very good. I thought I would give it a try anyway. I was extremely pleasantly surprised. This stuff is designed to be absorbed quickly and cool the skin. Whilst I did not notice any great cooling effect like Proraso it definitely felt nice and was quickly absorbed by my skin, moreso than any other balm I have tried. It has the same feeling as skin food but not quite as "mask" like.
I didn't like Coral Skin food as I thought it smelt foul and was too "masking". This stuff is much better for me and the smell is far more pleasant but doesn't last very long which is fine by me. It cost £6.99 which is good value for a very decent product. If you like the effect of skin food then I highly recommend you try this and its much better value. A definite winner from Nivea.

Latest reviews

Pros: i like the glass jar
Cons: It dries my face out
I gave this a try after reading the positive reviews here. Big mistake. After the first application, my face felt like it had just come out of a kiln. Dry and hard. Tried it two more times, just to give it a chance, but had the same result. I guess my skin isn't compatible with it.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
0.00 star(s)
Price:
Purchased this at Osco Drugs, popular here in Chicago, surprising that they would carry such a quality product. This is very inexpensive compared to the quality of the product that you get. I have used products that are not nearly as good and paid three times the price.

Quality:
Excellent overall quality.

Fights razor burn:
I use a Rolls Razor, so I am more prone to razor burn than most, since I started using Nivea Extreme I have had zero problems.

Cooling sensation:
Very slight cooling sensation, which is pleasant to me. I don't like anything that overpowers me.

Scent:
Again not overpowering. The very fresh, pleasant natural scent definitely enhances the end of a good shave.

Efficacy:
Does exactly what it is supposed to do.

Moisturizing:
Feels great on the skin. Only need to use a small amount.

No alcohol burn:
None whatsoever.

Summary:
They could have put Nivea Extreme Comfort Post Shave Balm in a glass bottle with a paper label and a red wax seal and little tassels and sold it for 30 dollars a bottle. Instead you get the highest quality, top shelf aftershave balm for those that don't care that it comes in a plastic bottle.

Coclusion:
Long name aside, Nivea Extreme Comfort Post Shave Balm has become my new everyday post shave balm.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I use it in my rotation every now and then... most of the times when i don't want to be a perfectionist, mostly when i know I'll stay in the house all day, and do nothing, and don't want nothing special. gets the job done, and well...
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)