What's new

Nivea Extreme Comfort After Shave Balm

Pros: i like the glass jar
Cons: It dries my face out
I gave this a try after reading the positive reviews here. Big mistake. After the first application, my face felt like it had just come out of a kiln. Dry and hard. Tried it two more times, just to give it a chance, but had the same result. I guess my skin isn't compatible with it.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
0.00 star(s)
Price:
Purchased this at Osco Drugs, popular here in Chicago, surprising that they would carry such a quality product. This is very inexpensive compared to the quality of the product that you get. I have used products that are not nearly as good and paid three times the price.

Quality:
Excellent overall quality.

Fights razor burn:
I use a Rolls Razor, so I am more prone to razor burn than most, since I started using Nivea Extreme I have had zero problems.

Cooling sensation:
Very slight cooling sensation, which is pleasant to me. I don't like anything that overpowers me.

Scent:
Again not overpowering. The very fresh, pleasant natural scent definitely enhances the end of a good shave.

Efficacy:
Does exactly what it is supposed to do.

Moisturizing:
Feels great on the skin. Only need to use a small amount.

No alcohol burn:
None whatsoever.

Summary:
They could have put Nivea Extreme Comfort Post Shave Balm in a glass bottle with a paper label and a red wax seal and little tassels and sold it for 30 dollars a bottle. Instead you get the highest quality, top shelf aftershave balm for those that don't care that it comes in a plastic bottle.

Coclusion:
Long name aside, Nivea Extreme Comfort Post Shave Balm has become my new everyday post shave balm.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I use it in my rotation every now and then... most of the times when i don't want to be a perfectionist, mostly when i know I'll stay in the house all day, and do nothing, and don't want nothing special. gets the job done, and well...
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I went from one Nivea after shave balm to the next, when I started DE shaving. My face was constantly red and irritated and I blamed it on my new DE shaving method. So I switched from the Nivea replenishing balm up to the extreme comfort. The irritation got worse. Finally I just used my old traditional Mennen Skin Bracer and after a few shaves the raw irritation cleared up. I kept testing and every time I used the Nivea product my face would get irritated. Also, my skin does not feel cool and refreshed when I use this stuff . . . it feels hot and irritated. I think there are so many exotic chemicals in this stuff that one or more of them must cause some sort of allergic reaction.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
0.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
0.00 star(s)
What a great product.
Not too much add.

If you haven't used it, try it, you'll love it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Quickly becoming my new favorite aftershave from Nivea, I have nothing but good to say about this balm. Though my favorite is still hands down the Replenishing balm, this continues to creep into my go-to spot for aftershaves. A smooth balm that isn't heavy or stick, that smells good, too. Not too pricey, given its quality. This balm leaves my face feeling smooth and moisturized well into the work day, even when I throw a splash on top of it. Very pleased.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
D
My current favorite, particularly for low cost products. It gives instant relief, like it says, without any alcohol sting. I did not find it to be greasy (but then again I always follow it up with a sunscreen/moisturizer, so perhaps I am not a good judge).

The only problem is structural: the "cap" of the plastic bottle is simply a thin, solid plastic hinge that turns white, then cracks, then fractures over time. Also, curiously, I can only seem to get the bottle open using my fingernail. There is not a sufficient depression built into the side of the bottle to allow the edge of the cap to be flipped with your (i.e., my) thumb.

I am puzzled that they didn't just use their tried-and-true glass bottles. In fact, I like the stuff so much that I just transferred the remaining liquid over to an old glass bottle for some other product.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I haven't been using lots of different ASB's, basically I have tried the whole Nivea line but not much else. I have to say that this is the worst out of their lineup. Price is a bit more than their other ones, but since you need less of it the price end up about the same.

It does a decent job against razor burn, but worse than its alcohol blessed brothers.

It smells like a moisturizer or face cream of some sort, and the smell is very faint. Good if you're looking for something discrete.

It does a good job moisturizing but leaves a very greasy surface that seems to stay on forever. Even it being almost 24 hours since i used it I can still feel that uncomfortably greasy feeling all over my face.

So in short, it's a decent ASB that leaves a very greasy feeling that seems to last forever. It's actually so bad that I will stop using it after 3 tries.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
I use this every day and love how my face feels.

I used the Nivea Sensitive balm prior to trying this one, and something in the formula / scent made my face red and sore.

This one is a winner.

Barry
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I like this product realy much. I've been using this since 6 mouths and it's the best (for my taste) nivea aftershave that i've used so far.

I've never used others non-alcoholic products than nivea, so I may not be the best person to coment these over others, but i've tried every nivea products and it's my favorite so far,

I like the packging too. I think the plastic bottle was essential beacause the product is thicker and the upside down design is great!!!
when i got to the darkside of shaving, meaning when i just slap on barbasol cause i literally have no time I use this, it does and ok job =)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
As others have said, this stuff is really quite nice. For the price, I imagine it is one of the finer products you will find readily available at almost any drug store. Also, you don't need much, so one purchase will last you a while.

The ONLY thing I absolutely hate about this product is the packaging. Compared to Nivea's other products, which are all easy to access and dispense, this little guy makes you work for it...I've injured myself a couple of times trying to get the cap off.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I've been using this product for about a week now and overall it's, well, it's okay. My biggest complaint is it seems to leave a sticky feeling on my neck. I've tried varying the amount I use, thinking that I was putting it on a little too thick, but I still get the same sensation. I also haven't found that it's been all that great in soothing razor burn, especially on my neck. I still end up with lots of little red marks and irritation. The scent is very mild, which is a plus, and the consistency is nice when you're applying it to the skin. As a moisturizer it's excellent. I just find myself washing it off about 20 minutes later because the stickiness starts to annoy me. It's good for the price, but I don't think I'll purchase any more.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I have been very pleased with this product. Pleasant, almost hidden scent, great moisturizing and my wife really likes how it made my jaws feel.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I really like this balm, good modern scent, thicker than the other Nivea product it mosturize the skin perfectly, it dry completely, and it leave a very thin "film" on your skin that will protect the skin against sun/wind. It can be use durring summer cuz it's not too "greasy".

I like bottle that is up-side down, and it has a little rubber hole that keep the hole clean. Nice shape&design. Only one complaint is this stuff use green colorant, white would do the job, why put green colorant in this stuff it's completely useless.
Been using this balm for about a week now, someone on this site said that there was a third off Nivea products, so went and bought a few Nivea products. Gotta say, glad i bought this one, it really is a good aftershave balm and one which i instinctively keep reaching for. Must get back and buy a few more, it really is worth hoarding up on this product :smile:.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I've just received a sample of this in the mail, and i have to say i am pleasantly surprised. I've never been a fan of Nivea balms in the past. I don't like their scent, and every one i've tried has irritated me a little.
This is a different beast, however. It doesn't have that chemical chamomile scent of the rest of the Nivea range. Instead, it has a very mild and clean scent, slightly fruity almost. It doesn't interfere with any cologne you might want to apply, either.
It's also thicker than their other balms and a little amount will do the trick. I would suspect that my little free sample bottle will last for about 10 shaves, if not more. This stuff works like a charm, it's relatively cheap and it's easy to get. That pretty much ticks all my boxes.

I normally run from any product which has the word "Extreme" in the title, purely because i think it's kind of embarassing - let alone the fact that words like "Micro Tec" (no, i don't know what that means, either) and the dreaded "system" are on the bottle, but in this case, i'll have to make an exception. When my bottle of Proraso balm is finished, i'll be picking some up to replace it.
I picked this up the other day at Wal Mart & feel it's pretty darn good. It's cheap, readily available, & has a nice scent. It has no alcohol, so it doesn't burn. The scent is a nice clean scent that fades quickly. Overall, very good product. Recommended. :thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
My first Nivea purchase. Many people like the white ASB version. But this Extreme Comfort is new and a couple bucks more. I paid $8 over the counter. I really want the GR ASB, but I have more important purchases before I can. The reviews have said that Nivea is almost as good as Proraso. It is simply the best over the counter ASB. This product will last me until I buy the GR ASB next. Smell is non-existant. Color is a touch green. Moisturizes wonderfully and cools razor burn. It left my face a bit shiny so I think I'll be throwing some talc on if I don't want it. Recommended!
This is the first Nivea product I've used in quite a while. I gotta say I thought it worked pretty good. You can't argue with the price compared to what you'd spend with the 3 T's or even Proraso or Musgo. The bottle is nothing to write home about, but I liked the little plastic bit in the opening that keeps you from spitting out too much. That is a good thing because a little of this stuff goes a long way. I thought the scent was clean, but once on for a minute it was pretty much non existent. Again, that is a good thing for me because you get no cologne/ASB clashes. I'm not sure about any "cooling" sensation, if there was it was pretty minor. There was however no burn and it was pleasantly soothing. One important note is that I did have some melt off with the heat here in Florida. I'll have to try using a bit less and working it in more to see if that helps any. If not I may have to put it up until it gets cooler (like December down here, ugh). Overall, I'd say its a good value and performs well.

Just to follow up I'm still having melt off issues. This balm takes a little while to absorb in. I'll most likely try using it on my days off when I'm not out of the shower and out the door right away and see if that helps. If not I guess its off to the closet for winter time.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)