What's new

Nancy Boy Face Wash

Item Description

displayimage.php

I started with the Shaving Cream and A/S Gel, and after seeing Scotto's fetish with Nancy Boy bath products, I decided to give the face and body wash a try. I'm glad I did.

Price At $14.00 (not including shipping) it's not as cheap as some of the store brand stuff (neutrogena, nivea, etc.) but it's on par if not below with the High quality products (ex. Baxter's face wash is $12.50, Anothy logistics is $18.00, AOS is $22). Everytime I've ordered from Nancy Boy they've thrown in an extra product too (hand soap one time, bar soap the other)

Quality Incredibly gentle on the skin yet still deep cleaning. It's very thin and does not have the gel like consistency of most face washes. It's basically like pouring water in your hand, so getting the right amount can at times be tricky, but that's more of a packaging issue. Ingredients read as follows: Purified Water, Decyl Glucoside (from corn), Disodium laureth sulfosuccinate (from coconuts), Cocamidopropyl betaine (from coconuts), Glycerin, Xanthan gum, Citric acid, Sodium hydroxymethylglycinate (naturally-derived anti-microbial), Allantoin (from comfrey plant), Chamomile extract, Lemon peel extract, Calendula officinalis extract, Sage extract, Burdock extract, Balm mint extract, Black walnut extract, Primrose oil, Tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E), Methylparaben (anti-microbial), Propylparaben (anti-microbial).

Latherability: Here was where I was surprised. On their own website, Nancy Boy says it doesn't really lather very much and people who didn't like it like a sudsier product. Well....
I took this much facewash
displayimage.php

and after gently rubbing the hands together a few times....
displayimage.php

Voila. Plenty of lather to let your eyes know that it's working and feel great on the face.

Scent: Very simple, very clean. No fruits, flowers, or herbs, just a straight clean soapy smell that, which is exactly what I like in a facewash.

Efficacy: Fantastic. Other face washes can definitely leave the skin feeling dry. Not this. It cleans, and cleans deep, but does not dry out the skin, so it's perfect to use before you shave. I don't have real bad skin to begin with, but this stuff has kept my face clear and moisturized since I've been using it.

Packaging Simple bottle that I think looks rather nice. No fancy shapes or such, but with the consistency of the wash, I'd think it would be better if the hole was restricted a bit more to control the flow. The pictures above, so you can judge the aesthetics for yourself.

Overall: Most gentle yet effective face wash I've used. If you're prone to dry skin, this is great for you. I can't vouch for someone with oily skin, but this keeps my face clear and always leaves me feeling clean. The scent is great, and it only takes a little bit to work up a good lather, so it should last quite a while. My favorite face wash. :biggrin:

Latest reviews

Pros: No nonsense face wash
Cons: Maybe too simple for oily skin; pricey
I picked up a travel size just to try; not expecting too much since my face can be pretty oily and this wash is advertised as very basic. I used it twice a day while traveling though and it seemed to peform quite well.

As others say it lathers so well that you don't need a lot and I didn't use as much of the bottle as I expected. It has a very light scent and it doesn't dry you out at all. I'm not sure it's "aggressive" enough for me to use in the summer when my skin is really oily, but it could be a good winter choice for me.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
+1 . After working all day I get that greasy feeling on my face. I so look forward to coming home and washing with the NB mild face cleanser. It cleans the " Greasiness" away and leaves a nice clean feeling with a subtle scent.. Highly recommended it.. You have to be careful when you put some in your palm due to the wateriness of it sometimes I tend to pour to much .You only need a small amount.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
I have been through so so many different (and not inexpensive) products that finding this gem was a huge relief. I've used Zirh, Anthony (Glycolic Cleanser and Algae Face Wash), Neutrogena (almost all of their different lines) Lab Series, Clinique for Men....to name a few. This is now my favorite amongst them all.

One of my favorite things about this cleanser is how light it is. I use it in the shower every morning before shaving and a few seconds under the water easily rinses all of the product off. The others that I've tried (Zirh in particular) always left a film that I couldn't seem to rinse off. This just leaves your face feeling 'clean'....no more, no less.

As for the scent...... It's not the greatest smell in the world, but a quick rinse and there is not a scent to be found. Great if you are wanting whatever you use to wash your face to 'get out of the way' of the scent of your shaving cream.

While the $15.00 isn't bargain basement, I think it is quite well worth it considering the size you get (I use around a nickel size worth every morning) and the incredible quality. I've noticed a reduction in blemishes slightly and it just makes my face feel healthy, period!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)