Items by SLider

I won't got through a step through step breakdown on this since the categories are more related to shaving creams, but I'll still touch on each subject a bit. First off, if you haven't noticed yet, I'm :001_tt1: for products that give you that cool tingle a la proraso, and they usually are of the peppermint and/or menthol variety. I was on the AOS website, saw the peppermint facewash, and thought, cool (pun intended), I think I'll try it, even for $22 outrageous dollars for 4 oz...
Price: Compared to the other luxury creams (3 T's, C. Forbes, Etc.) it's right in line, if not below the costs. The tub is huge (6.7 oz) so you get plenty of cream for your buck. It's just not the $4-5 KMF and Tom's mint creams are. Quality: Great stuff, love the texture and consistency of this product. I've always thought quality kind of falls under what's in it, so below is the picture of the ingredients. Pretty standard for your high end creams, and it provides a comfortable...
Back when I first started into wet shaving, I, like a few others, decided to take a foray into the world of method shaving. Like most others as well, I decided the whole process was not for me, and now do not use the cube or paste, and infrequently use the tonics. The cutting balm, however, is still a part of my everyday shave. The balm comes in this brown plastic tube, with a flip cap for dispensing. The packaging is fairly ho-hum, but like our Mothers tried to teach us, it's what's...
I got this when I first got into wetshaving figuring that anything that added to the softening and lubricating of the beard would make for a better shave. As with 66.6% of the preshaves I've tried (2 out of 3), this really doesn't do anything for the shave. The gel comes in a small plastic puck as shown below nothing special about the packaging, but it fits the bill. When you open the preshave you get a clear amber gel that smells primarily of rosemary. according to...
Now this is some interesting stuff. Last Christmas I got a Billy Jealousy gift set from my Aunt which included Body Wash, Face Wash, Shavecream (brushless), some bizarro product called Hot Towel, and this ASB. I looked up the price and at $25, this product is way too expensive for me to recommend, but at the same time, it's unlike any A/S product I've tried (and I've tried a ton). The website lists the ingredients like this... ACRYLATE CROSS POLYMER: Evaporating agent. Quickly...
SLider
0.36 star(s) 11 ratings
Views
Reviews
I started with the Shaving Cream and A/S Gel, and after seeing Scotto's fetish with Nancy Boy bath products, I decided to give the face and body wash a try. I'm glad I did. Price At $14.00 (not including shipping) it's not as cheap as some of the store brand stuff (neutrogena, nivea, etc.) but it's on par if not below with the High quality products (ex. Baxter's face wash is $12.50, Anothy logistics is $18.00, AOS is $22). Everytime I've ordered from Nancy Boy they've thrown in an extra...
Price: at $7.95 (I think) this stuff is a STEAL. Truefitt & Hill west indian limes is $60 and this is WAY better IMHO Quality: Easy on the skin, light, and not greasy or oily in anyway, and the scent is fantastic. Great, great stuff. Packagin: No frills packaging with a beach glass finish bottle a black atomizer and a clear sticker. Not exactly extravagant, but if you buy colognes to put them on display, you're crazy to begin with. She could put this stuff in water balloons and I'd...
Price: 4oz. for $8.35 doesn't make it cheap, but it's not terribly expensive either. There are easily worse products out there that cost a lot more Quality: I love this stuff. It feels so good on the face. The witch-hazel and rosemary hydrosol tones, the menthol cools and tingles, just fantastic. Here is the list of the ingredients. Rosemary Hydrosol, Witch Hazel distillate (from Hamamelis virginana), Glycerin, Jojoba, Vit. E., Rosemary Extract, Black Willow Bark Extract...
SLider
0.45 star(s) 31 ratings
Views
Reviews
PRICE: at $35 a pop, this is the most expensive shaving cream I've run across, so my no means is it cheap. Quality: The stuff is well put together using aloe, coconut acid, glycerin, and Lime EO, so it provides a great cushion for your shave. However, it does look a bit funky. It is very thick and goopy, and their are sections that are almost gel like. Just look at the way it sticks to the finger, it has a very heavy consistency Scent: As soon as you open the tub you are...
I'll preface this by saying that I only have a very small case of SBAD, so by no means am I a brush expert like Joel or others. My first Brush was a weenie AOS pure badger, after which I got a honking xxl 30mm shavemac. That tided me over for quite some time until I decided it was too large to travel with and too large for soaps. I decided to go with SR-208 as it only has a 25mm knot, and I assumed it would have more maneuverability... I assumed wrong. Next to my 30mm shavemac silvertip...
Top Bottom