What's new

Billy Jealousy After Shave Balm

Item Description

displayimage.php

Now this is some interesting stuff. Last Christmas I got a Billy Jealousy gift set from my Aunt which included Body Wash, Face Wash, Shavecream (brushless), some bizarro product called Hot Towel, and this ASB. I looked up the price and at $25, this product is way too expensive for me to recommend, but at the same time, it's unlike any A/S product I've tried (and I've tried a ton).
The website lists the ingredients like this...

ACRYLATE CROSS POLYMER: Evaporating agent. Quickly cools skin.
ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE: Moisturizer. Promotes skin healing and restores pH balance.
ALLANTOIN: Healing agent. Blocks pain and soothes blade-grazed skin.
OAT KERNEL EXTRACT: Soothes skin.
NATURAL FRUIT OILS: Condition and moisturize skin and beard.

However, a quick glance at the back reveals more details

displayimage.php

what it all means, I can't tell you. All I know is that when you first apply this ASB, it's warm, then hot, then burning/stinging. I'm assuming that's from the oleyl alcohol. The burn is as tolerable as any other AS w/ alcohol, and dissapates quickly at which point it finally hits it's namesake, Shaved Ice. The stuff turns cold and tingly on your face, and stays that way for longer than any other cooling product I've tried that's not named Proraso pre/post. Cooler than Hydrolast peppermint, Baxter (which I've only just tried today), and Proraso liquid ASB. It also leaves the skin feeling toned, and firm, similair to Trumper's skin food, with no greasy residue. While it doesn't dry the skin, it certainly does not moisturize very well, so if you have dry skin, it's not for you. But as a summer ASB when you don't need extra moisture, I think this product fits the bill.
As far as the scent is concerned, it is citrusy, with more grapefruit than anything else. The closest thing I can compare it to is a margarita, including the tequila. The Citrus is backed up with a booze-like smell, that the morning after one too many dances with Jose Cuervo, no joke, made me gag when I smelled it. When not hungover I don't mind the scent, but it's nothing to write home about.
I do enjoy the packaging as it sits on the cap, so you never have to mess around to get some out, but it can come out too quick sometimes, so you have to be careful. This whole line of packaging has very simple but modern packaging that pleases my eye, though I could do without the silly dragon.
Overall, I enjoy using this ASB when it's hot outside, and given my affinity for face freezing products, I enjoy the tingle it leaves on your face without the moisture you get from Proraso. For a cool summer shave, I often find myself pulling it out of the shave closet, but at $25, you could probably find two things just as good for the same price.

Latest reviews

displayimage.php

Now this is some interesting stuff. Last Christmas I got a Billy Jealousy gift set from my Aunt which included Body Wash, Face Wash, Shavecream (brushless), some bizarro product called Hot Towel, and this ASB. I looked up the price and at $25, this product is way too expensive for me to recommend, but at the same time, it's unlike any A/S product I've tried (and I've tried a ton).
The website lists the ingredients like this...

ACRYLATE CROSS POLYMER: Evaporating agent. Quickly cools skin.
ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE: Moisturizer. Promotes skin healing and restores pH balance.
ALLANTOIN: Healing agent. Blocks pain and soothes blade-grazed skin.
OAT KERNEL EXTRACT: Soothes skin.
NATURAL FRUIT OILS: Condition and moisturize skin and beard.

However, a quick glance at the back reveals more details

displayimage.php

what it all means, I can't tell you. All I know is that when you first apply this ASB, it's warm, then hot, then burning/stinging. I'm assuming that's from the oleyl alcohol. The burn is as tolerable as any other AS w/ alcohol, and dissapates quickly at which point it finally hits it's namesake, Shaved Ice. The stuff turns cold and tingly on your face, and stays that way for longer than any other cooling product I've tried that's not named Proraso pre/post. Cooler than Hydrolast peppermint, Baxter (which I've only just tried today), and Proraso liquid ASB. It also leaves the skin feeling toned, and firm, similair to Trumper's skin food, with no greasy residue. While it doesn't dry the skin, it certainly does not moisturize very well, so if you have dry skin, it's not for you. But as a summer ASB when you don't need extra moisture, I think this product fits the bill.
As far as the scent is concerned, it is citrusy, with more grapefruit than anything else. The closest thing I can compare it to is a margarita, including the tequila. The Citrus is backed up with a booze-like smell, that the morning after one too many dances with Jose Cuervo, no joke, made me gag when I smelled it. When not hungover I don't mind the scent, but it's nothing to write home about.
I do enjoy the packaging as it sits on the cap, so you never have to mess around to get some out, but it can come out too quick sometimes, so you have to be careful. This whole line of packaging has very simple but modern packaging that pleases my eye, though I could do without the silly dragon.
Overall, I enjoy using this ASB when it's hot outside, and given my affinity for face freezing products, I enjoy the tingle it leaves on your face without the moisture you get from Proraso. For a cool summer shave, I often find myself pulling it out of the shave closet, but at $25, you could probably find two things just as good for the same price.

Item information

Added by
SLider
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Aftershaves (Reviews)

More from SLider

Top Bottom