What's new

Lime Basil Shaving Cream

Item Description

Capture the old world feeling when you lather up with Musgo Real Shave Cream.

Known by many as the best shaving cream in the world, the Musgo Real shaving cream contains large amounts of the finest Lanolin, Coconut Oil, Jojoba and Glycerin which provides a superior smoothing for a clearer, more comfortable shave. It also actively cares for your skin with Menthol, keeping it cool. It does not contain any kind of artificial substances or any other irritant properties. This is often very important to many men with sensitive skin.

Produced manually from natural ingredients, this shaving cream is stirred in an open kettle for three days, which gives it an ultra-creamy texture.

It lasts for a long time, as a nut sized piece will be enough for a full lather, mousse shave, with a very enjoyable scent.

Latest reviews

Pros: Overall quality, Shave quality, Post shave feel
Cons: Scent could be a bit stronger
This is an excellent cream, which you would expect from Musgo Real.

The lather is easy to create and is thick, creamy, slick and cushioning. Post shave my skin feels smooth and relaxed and reasonably well moisturised.

The shave itself is smooth, comfortable and close. Even though there's plenty of lanolin in the cream it's easy to get a nice close shave.

My only suggestion for improvement would be to make the scent a bit stronger. It's a cool, fresh and very enjoyable scent. The Lime and the Basil complement each other extremely well and it would be nice if the combination was slightly more obvious.

Grab a tube of this great cream and you won't be disappointed.

One more point, according to the packaging, once the tube is opened it should be used up within 6 months.

This is a bit of a worry as my tube is at least 9 months old and works JUST FINE. I hope the cream doesn't degrade into C4 and blows my head off mid shave.

Though that could be a major improvement to my looks. 8/
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Works Well, Pleasant Scent
Cons: None
This is a fine cream - although it is my first use of Musgo Real cream so I am unable to compare it to other scents or the original.

I've lathered this up with both boar and badger and it is very easy to do and produces a wonderful, rich lather. I got great shaves from this cream but did not notice any noteworthy moisturising effect.

The scent is very subdued - I honestly couldn't detect much basil and the lime is very light. Lime traces disappear very quickly once applied to the face. There are also traces of musk.

This is a manly scent, not fruity at all. It doesn't feel like it is even in the same family as something like TOBS Lemon Lime or Castle Forbes Lime.

There's no doubt this is a high performing cream, but I prefer a stronger and more citrusy lime scent.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)