What's new

Flagfish DE Blades

Item Description

I prepared with Proroso pre-shave and Proroso shaving cream, and used a Merkur long-handle HD with the Flagfish blade. I found it painful to shave with these blades

After quite a bit of noisy ineffectual tugging and scraping on half my face, I finally gave up. I looked like a cave man who had used a clam shell to pluck the odd hair or two from my face, which still hurt. I switched to a better trusted (Lord) blade and redid my face to a smooth glow without the pain.

But boy, are these cheap - 10 blades/pkg at $1.00 per package. I bought them at a dollar store in one of downtown Toronto's Chinatowns.

You get what you pay for apparently.

Latest reviews

I finally got around to using this blade tonight and I must say it wasn't as bad as I was led to believe.

I got a nick free, irritation free SAS from 2 passes with the slant. My go to Proraso green tea and aloe seemed to work fine or the edge wasn't that harsh.

This blade isn't sharp by any measure. I probably could have done 2 more passes and would have wound up just the same, but if you're making a few dollars a week working in Shanghai and this blade is what you are able to afford you aren't doing all that bad.

I will say this...I tossed it right after I finished the shave so I won't be commenting on longevity and that may play a factor in the life of the man I described above. If so, I can't image that shaves 4 and 5 and beyond are a pleasurable experience.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
These hitherto undiscovered Chinese blades are quite a find! I love the low-rent packaging! They sound awful, but they're exactly the kind of blade I cannot resist trying. :lol:
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
I prepared with Proroso pre-shave and Proroso shaving cream, and used a Merkur long-handle HD with the Flagfish blade. I found it painful to shave with these blades

After quite a bit of noisy ineffectual tugging and scraping on half my face, I finally gave up. I looked like a cave man who had used a clam shell to pluck the odd hair or two from my face, which still hurt. I switched to a better trusted (Lord) blade and redid my face to a smooth glow without the pain.

But boy, are these cheap - 10 blades/pkg at $1.00 per package. I bought them at a dollar store in one of downtown Toronto's Chinatowns.

You get what you pay for apparently.

Item information

Added by
cthompsonx
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Razor Blades (Reviews)

More from cthompsonx

Top Bottom