Items by cthompsonx

Tried these over several days with my Merkur HD Proraso set up. They are acceptable, not outstanding. The packaging is all Chinese, but printing on the blade states "MADE IN GERMANY", which seems odd to me. Packaging is a problem. In order to buy the package of 5 blades at a Chinatown dollar mart, I had to buy a blister pack which also included an okay (metal four piece, non TTO, chrome plated) DE razor, presumably made in China. The whole thing was $2.99 for 5 blades and the DE razor -...
I prepared with Proroso pre-shave and Proroso shaving cream, and used a Merkur long-handle HD with the Flagfish blade. I found it painful to shave with these blades After quite a bit of noisy ineffectual tugging and scraping on half my face, I finally gave up. I looked like a cave man who had used a clam shell to pluck the odd hair or two from my face, which still hurt. I switched to a better trusted (Lord) blade and redid my face to a smooth glow without the pain. But boy, are these...
I found it painful to shave with these blades in my Merkur long handle HD, even after prepping with Proroso pre-shave and my best shaving cream. After quite a bit of noisy ineffectual tugging and scraping on half my face I gave up trying to get a smooth shave and swapped in my standby Lord blades to get a smooth shave.
Top Bottom