What's new

Edwin Jagger Medium Best Badger

Item Description

I had originally gone to Edwin Jagger's website to pickup the discontinued torteisse shell best badger brush. I was going to get this, instead of the Crabtree & Evelyn version, since it was the same price, but I had heard the actual Jagger brushes were better. Unfortunately, they had run out of stock, so I was offered instead to get their ivory colored handle, for the same price. My hat's off to their customer service.

This is the first and only brush I have owned. It makes a good amount of lather, although it does take longer than I had expected. If you like a harder bristled brush, then you would probably like this one. I had anticipated the bristles to feel a little softer/more luxurious, since they are best badger and not pure.

I think this is a good brush for a beginner. I would recommend it. Hopefuly, I don't pick up the brush disorder and start ordering them constantly.

Latest reviews

Pros: Builds superb lather quickly. Reasonably priced. Versatile: (1) Works well as a bowl and face latherer. (2) Makes great lather from both soaps and creams.
Cons: The handle is not as elegant as some of my other brushes.
I have seven different brushes including Rooney 3/1, Vie Long 13061B, Omega 49, Whipped Dog 24 mm, Shavemac 22714, and EJ synthetic badger. . .

However, my EJ in medium best badger is my FAVORITE. This is the brush that I recommend to others to start with and use as a baseline to judge all future brushes.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Makes nice lather
Cons: Not dense, scritchy like a Tweezerman, small handle
I bought this as a replacement for my Tweezerman. I wanted something that was a little softer and denser than the Tweezerman, but still made great lather from hard soaps. I was disappointed. In almost all respects, I didn't think it was a noticeable improvement over the Tweezerman. It made a nice lather, but so did my Tweezerman. It wasn't much softer, if at all, and certainly not as dense. The handle is smaller, and seems light and cheap. Save yourself $35 and buy a Tweezerman.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
This brush was supposed to be an upgrade for me from my $20 pure badger brush but it didn't impress me too much. The main problem I have with it was that it takes forever to make a decent lather. It doesn't have much of a spine and is a little too soft for my taste. I recently made the switch to a brush with silvertip from TGN and the improvement was undeniable. For a Best badger brush, this ones was a bit of a disappointment for me.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)