What's new

DORCO ST 300 Stainless blades

Where could i buy alots of Dorco blades ??
They are good blades, but not in the same league with Feather.
Feather is mush sharper blade.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
I just finished my first box of Dorco blades...thank God. They came with a sampler kit that I bought from West Coast Shaving, so I couldn't give a real rating on the cost of the blades. I used them in a Merkur 38C. Regardless of number of passes or technique I could never get a close shave of my chin and neck areas. Using these blades for more than 2 shaves proved to be an exercise in futility for me. I sort like the blade packages that come with their own compartment used to dispose of used blades. Derby and Merkur boxes come with these, and Dorco does not. Merkur and Derby are the only other DE blades I have tried up to this point, and I would say that Derby soundly beats the other 2 brands.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Firstly, I'd have never given these blades a try if a fellow B&B'er hadn't thrown a few in with the pair of vintage Gillette razors I bought from him (late-40s gold Aristocrat and '72 Super Adjustable). He also threw in some yellow-label Gillette 7 O' Clock blades, which I've yet to try.

But even if the Gillette blades turn out to be as good as others here say they are, the Dorco has become my new standard. They might fall a click or two short of being the "sharpest", but they are hands-down the smoothest blade I've ever used, nosing out even my previous favorite, the "no-name" Israeli Personnas, which is saying something. A two-pass shave (three along the neck and chin), plus a little blade-buffing, leaves me with a true BBS shave that lasts into the wee hours of the next day; I could get away with skipping a day if I had to. One of these blades in my Aristocrat comes as close to perfect as I've experienced with any razor/blade combo.

So, of course, I went and ordered a bunch of them a few nights ago. And, at current prices, why not? Sixteen bucks bought me 200 blades; given that the Dorco I first used worked wonders right through my fifth shave, I know it can go a week easy. This means I'm spending a paltry eight cents a week on blades.

For now, and for my shaves, it really doesn't get better than this.

- Barrett
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Price is good. Quality rating is in terms of the consistency of the blades...yep, one after the other, they were all bad!!!

I lathered up like I normally do and this time it was with tabac so I thought I can't go wrong. Went for the first pass, half way through the first pass, I took the blade out and flicked it stright into the bin and replaced it with my beloved astra SP.

Lucky I didn't jump in for 100 of these horrible things!!!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
I judge a blade out of the box by it's abillity to cut my moustache area without dragging so these were a no-no from the off as they dragged and failed miserably. That said they did a fair job on the first shave, not very close but no irritation at all. However, second shave was terrible. The blade was done and the multiple passes required to get anywhere near close resulted in irritation. Won't bother with these again. 301s are much better.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Dorcos suck. Dull and non-effective. I might as well drag a rock against my face. These are not worth the money at all. YMMV but I have to say that for me these razor blades don't work.
I got these in my sampler pack and tried them yesterdat for the first time. OMG what a horrible blade.....i changed it after MY FIRST PASS. Never did i shave with a blade that was so dull and tucked so much on my beard. There was no cutting action whatsoever and only pulling. I had to change the blade after the first pass. Never had this happen before to me.

Total garbage as far as i'm concerned!!! :mad:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Based on what I've read here, I must be one of the lucky ones that the Dorco blades agree with.

I'm using these in a Slim Adjustable, and the ST300 makes short work of my medium beard with the razor dialed in at "5".

Three passes leaves my face smooth with no razor burn. There is no dragging, and I can buff to good effect on trouble spots with no irritation.

I was initially so enthused about how gentle these Korean blades were I tried an ATG pass with the razor dialed up to "9", and discovered quickly that they will certainly produce weepers and nicks when used recklessly. Subsequent shaves with a moderate setting have been a pleasure.

The packaging is spartan, but I don't care. There is no glue on the blade. I believe I read on the forums that a member contacted Dorco and was told that the only difference between the 300 and 301 blades was packaging, so if you are put off by a fairly flimsy cardboard box and cardboard sleeves, get the ST301 for a little more money. Then again, there have been reports that under a microscope, the 300s and 301s DO differ.

Perhaps other users who have panned these received substandard lots, or I got an exceptional one. I doubt that, and think it's more a case of the mystic alchemy of blade, razor and user lining up correctly for me and not for others. I'm lucky I found a budget blade that suits me.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
I've been working my way through a sampler pack from WestcoastShaving. Having tried pretty much all the blades in the pack, I've found that the ST300 to work best on my face. With the Red IP and Bic following.
One of the things that impress me with these blades is the smoothness of the shave. I get no nicks or weepers from the blade, unless I make a mistake. These are very forgiving blades. Plus I get almost no irritation afterwards.
Not as sharp as the Feathers or Swedish Gillettes, I put them equal to the Derby but without the irritation.
I can do a 3 pass shave, WTG, ATG and XTG with a touch up here and there and not worry about nicks or weepers. I can't do that with other blades.
Price: At $8 for a hundred that's just .08 a blade, great price
Quality: As I said, as good as Derby
Sharpness: Again like the Derby
Longevity: I can get about a week worth of shaves, no problem.
Smoothness of shave: Smoothest I found.
Packaging: I don't really care about the packaging, not a big concern for me.

I would recommend these blades to anyone to just try them. But as we all know, everybody is different. You need to try them to see if they work for you. If not, you could be missing out.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
Thank God for good blades! These blades were super inexpensive ($.14 a blade) and saved my face from the hacksaw blades I was using before. I just had the best shave ever this morning!

Highly recommended from an inexperienced DE user.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
D
Price: I paid about 9 cents per blade.

Quality: Very Good.

Sharpness: Just right.

Longevity: 4 shaves.

Smoothness of Shave: No problems.

Packaging: I honestly don't care too much about the packaging.

I almost didn't try these since I used some of the Dorco ST-301's first. I find the 301's to be too sharp initially, then drop off quickly. These work for me similiar to the Personna Red Pack made in Israel ones. Theses blades are definately recommended.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Don't waste time with the 300s. The Dorco ST-301 is a far superior blade and very inexpensive. Not as sharp as a Feather, Swede or Yellow Gillette, but extremely forgiving and an excellent value.
I cannot confirm the bad results others have observed with this blade.

Price: 10 for $1.25 - hard to beat

Quality: used different blades from different packs - consistently high quality

Sharpness: No. 2 behind Feather, way beyond other major brands (e.g. Derby, Merkur), in the same league as Personna (red)

Longevity: 10 shaves per blade (I get 14 out of Feather & Personna (red), and about 6-7 out of Derby & Merkur)

Smoothness: very smooth, in the same league as Personna (Red)

Packaging: I prefer the plastic container, only drawback
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Longevity
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
5.00 star(s)
The ST-300 was like shaving with pliers. It felt like it was yanking the hair out. I tried it in a 34c, fatboy, and TV SS. Never again. This caused the worst shave I've had yet.
IMO: The Dorco ST-300 is baaaad.

The Dorco ST-301 (completely different blade) is actually fairly good. See my review of that one, if you want to know the details.
My dad brought me back a bunch of blades from Thailand, Dorco was among them.

This blade is the WORST blade i have ever used, and i thought Merkur blades were bad, this thing felt like i was shaving with a dull steak knife, at the end of the shave i had razor burn all over my face, the first time i've ever had razor burn on my cheeks. Nicks and cuts everywhere on my face, when i applied my Alum block it felt like i was rubbing acid on my face.

YMMV is the motto around here, my mileage was zero with these blades, i threw the 3 5-packs i had left in the garbage.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
I feel that the quality from one dorco blade to another varies. When I load it in my red ss or the tv ss. Sometimes the blades fit and other times I have to sort of jam it through the loading slot. Other times when I load in a fresh dorco it loads fine. It irritates me that the gap in the middle of the blade varies for me from blade to blade with dorcos. (Seems like it to me)​
On a good note I feel that while the blade is in top form it seems to me to be the most forgiving on my face. On a bad not (at least to me), sometimes the blade will last me three shaves and other times five shaves. After getting down my technique I feel it is time for me to move on from these blades. Though they are forgiving when they are in top form, when they get dull you have to find out first but putting it to your face. It does tug quite a bit and that's why I'm switching to a better quality blade.​
The next thing I will look for in a blade is more stable longevity (like disposing it after 5 shaves like clockwork to avoid that tugging on the beard all together). I will also be looking for something that doesn't have the gap issues that the dorco had in the center of the blade. A blade that is sharp, yet forgiving and smooth. And of course something that at least gives me close to bbs without irritation​
Poor blades, going WTG these blades pull/tug really bad, wouldn't even dare going ATG!
I couldn't even finish 1 shave, so have no idea how long they last.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Dunno, these just scream 'average' to me. I've tried them on various occasions and they tend to pull and scrape regardless of what type of prep/shaving cream I use. I like the white plastic package with the used blade slot but that's about it. They don't even come close to a Derby in terms of smoothness of shave in my books. Would use them in a pinch but why torture myself needlessly? :cool:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)