What's new

DORCO ST 300 Stainless blades

I bought 500 of these when my local barber supply shop had a moving sale -- at US$3.75 per hundred, they can't be beat. I get a smooth, consistent shave out of these Dorks, and change blades every 3 shaves. I've tried Gillette, Merkur, and Personas (from Walgreen's), and I can't see that any of them are substantially better than these. Only drawback is the lack of a blade vault, which you can buy separately.

My opinion, guys, is a blade's a blade. If you want to indulge yourself, splurge on something else.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
Price: any price would be too high

Quality: A big fat 0...this is the antithesis to quality

Sharpness: In a broken bottle/cut yourself with a tin can/ unsuitable for anything but torturing prisoners in some 3rd world kind of way

Longevity: if its this bad the first use how many bad shaves would you continue to subject yourself to it

smoothness of shave: :closedeye

Packaging: This is the highest quality item involved with this razor, the paper

afterthoughts: I foresee a bright future for this product in the end times when God casts all the sinners to hell and throws the remaining dorco 300 blades into the lake of fire to shave them in misery forever and ever. But YMMV! :devil:
D
This title of my mini-review is not occasional.***...This is by far the worst ever possible blade, it fells like it cannot slice trough butter...I got 5 of those from a small beach shop, and initially I thought they are too sharp.Now I understand that they are quite dull.These blades left me screaming for 4 days, before my " ***, come on, man, this cannot be" sensitive skin recovers.They are no match for the Wilkinson Sword blades that came with the WS Classic Razor (plastic).I find the quality and the looks quite poor.I do not care about the packaging, since I always throw away everything but the blade, when opening it.I would say that the smoothness is average.I do not care what people say about the next model, I will never try it.This blade is surprisingly similar to the Bic chrome platinum, that comes wrapped with yellow with black letters on it, but the latter is considerably more forgiving, and as dull as this one.I still remember the horror this **** has caused me.I was careful with my technique, although a total beginner-no pressure, no long strokes, no fast moving, no horizontal slides...
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
These blades were included in the West Coast Shaving blade sampler pack, and in order to give the blade a fair shake, I used them for a week. I used this blades after using Merkur's, Derby's, Feather's, and Wal-Mart Persona's, and these blades are by far the worst.

The blade come packaged in a simple, thin cardboard box. Some people have commented about not having a used blade section on the box, but I have a used blade bin, so this is not an issue for me.

The setup: Merkur 38C, C&E Super Badger Brush, Bigelow Premium Shave Cream (Proraso)

I never achieved a BBS, but did get a presentable shave with a little irritation on my neck with the first shave. With that being said, I did not enjoy the process of getting that shave like I do when I use Derby's or Feather's. The Dorco's seemed dull in comparison, and did not glide across my face, but seemed to drag/pull. Shave 2 and 3 were worse and I ended up with a few nicks and weepers. I did not push the blade past 3 shaves due to fear of what would happen to my face!

As I stated earlier, the blades were included with a sampler pack from WCS, but after looking up their price, they are definitely cheap, but I would rather pay more for a box of Derby's.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Like another member posted, I used these first because West Coast Shaving recommends beginning users start here when working through a sample pack. I think these poor blades are the reason I was underwhelmed with the whole DE experience when I first started.

Finally, I moved on to Merkur Supers and things improved greatly -- much smoother, less irritating, and closer shaves. I quickly bought into the use of DE blades. Eventually, I went back to the Dorcos to see if part of the problem had been my beginner's technique. Again, not a very good shave. After trying several other blades I've concluded these really are poor blades, at least for me. For what it's worth, I have a pretty coarse beard that lies very close to the skin, especially on the neck.

I'm too cheap to just throw them I away, so I take one on vacation when I know I'll only shave 2-3 times a week. Then I don't feel guilty about tossing them away. Only 3 more to go out of my first and last pack of Dorcos.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
The Dorco ST300 is packaged in a very Spartan cardboard container. Absolutely barebones. The blades are wrapped as most others and there are 10 blades to a carton. I tested these blades using three different razors; a 1948 Superspeed, a 1965 Superspeed and a 1955 Red Tip Superspeed. The blade performed consistently with all razors with the first shave being very good but not quite excellent using 2 passes and a touch up. After the first shave the blades dulled quickly and, for me, became unacceptable for further shaving. This blade is the most forgiving blade I have ever used. No cuts, abrasions or irritation. For the first shave it is very good. It was smooth and of decent quality.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I found this blade to be quite dull in my Merkur HD. I had to make many passes to get the closeness I am used to with my regular blade. It was a very smooth shave and did not cut or nick me anywhere. I think it's too much trouble to shave with this blade as too many passes are needed to get anything resembling a close shave - for me. YMMV
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I tried this blade in my Merkur 38C. It was the fourth blade I had tried (after Derby, Israelis, and Astra.) At this point, I was over a month into DE shaving, and my technique was pretty good.

I was disappointed. For the above blades, I was presentable after a single pass. With the Dorcos, it looked like I had barely shaven, especially in the neck area. Eventually, after three passes (including one against the grain), the shave was fine. But it shouldn't take three passes just to get "fine."

I gave the blade a few more chances, and was never impressed. I don't think the blade was particularly sharp. To its credit, the shave was fairly smooth, and I didn't feel any irritation.
I am new to wetshaving and have only used the blades from the WCS econ sampler. This was the last blade left to try. That being said, I would go back to canned goo and add a 6 blade cartridge before using this blade again. I have a thick, coarse beard and these things just downright hurt. It skipped and pulled something terrible.

So far my favorites are Derby's and with those I can get consistant shaves whether showering before or not. With the first shave on the Dorco, I took a nice hot shower with my standard prep and after the first pass, which did not even include my neck as I was not letting that blade near there, I felt as if my skin was being cut off with a hand saw. This was after 1 days growth as well. I pulled the blade and put in a Derby to finish the first pass. I then went back to the Dork thinking that maybe, somehow, my beard just wasn't soft enough yet but found that it still felt horrible on the second pass. I couldn't imagine this blade without a shower before hand or on 2+ days of growth.

This blade may work for some but if this was all I had to shave with, I would just grow a beard.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Got these free with my Weishi. Yeah I'm a noob but I didn't like em. THey pulled and skipped across my face. Slap on the as and it was like that seem in Hom Alone, lots of irritation. Just shaved with merkur blade and what a world of difference. I give it a C-.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
Cheap blades that tore up my face. If i could compare it to something, it would be like wet sanding my face with 600 grit paper. First strokes great, after the coating wears of the tip of the cutting edge after the first stroke or two, all hell's warth was unleashed on my face. Absolutely horrible every time i come back to them, with every razor. Corcking and stropping barely give me one acceptable shave. I get some of my best shaves from a blade that costs me less.

Above poster nailed the description.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
Well, the 300's are tricky. If you have a tough beard, I wouldn't recommend this blade at all. However, it is cheap, you can get 100 for $8. For some, that's a deal breaker. But, if you need something sharp to cut through your beard, avoid this one.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
Sorry, but wow do these blades suck.
This is the 4th brand of blade I've tried, and definitely the worst of the bunch - as in I'd seriously take a WalMart blade over these ones.
Basically dull right out of the pack, these blades do little more than pull & hack away at your beard, causing a crappy shave and tons of razor burn.
I've gone through two of them, and the rest of the pack is going in the trash.
Next!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
After one pass, I needed reconstructive facial surgery. This blade was not good. I even gave it the benefit of the doubt, and tried a second blade. Lots of tugging, lots of irritation, lots of razor burn. Not happy.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
A rather dull blade; to get some action out of these I have to shave in slow-motion in order to give the blade time to cut. The st-301's started out sharper but at least these hold their edge (haha) for two shaves which would make these the better blade for me.
Needless to say the result was only presentable when you keep a fair distance. Waste of time and money.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
I tried these blades for the first time yesterday, (somehow ended up with 50, probably a $.99 bid on ebay) Used Taylors new avocado and believe it or not, gave myself the worst caseof razor burn, (1rst case in 6 months) because on the 4th or 5th pass, I bore down, BIG MISTAKE

Anyway, they don't work for me and I ain't given them a second chance!!!:lol:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
The Setup:
Trumpers lime
C&E BBB
Merkur 34C

I was not very impressed with the shave from this blade. Lots and lots of dragging. Not painful yet I grew impatient on the 3rd pass and finished up with a week old Feather in my Tech. Night and day difference.

I would not recommend them however YMMV.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
First shave is great.
Second shave is ok.
Third shave? Don't bother trying.
I had to make an emergency blade swap when I tried to use this blade.
You can easily purchase them on Ebay.
Top Bottom