What's new

DORCO ST 300 Stainless blades

Item Description

First of all I have only tried the following blades,Italian Gillette (s..t),Derby extra (love em) and the object of this review Dorco so my judgement will be in comparison to the Derby:

DOngyang Razor COmpany has chosen the wrong letters to create their brand name,at least for the english speaking markets.
But if despite the unappealing brand name you try them you'll be heading for a pleasant surprise.
The packaging is just as cheap as possible,all cardboard and paper
displayimage.php

displayimage.php

So much for the luxury department,no plastic wrapping,no used blade compartment,nothing but the blades.You can have the blades in a plastic dispenser by asking for Dorco ST 301

No, these blades aren't Feather sharp ,but despite feeling quite dull they delivered 4 good shaves with no irritation and without cuts or nicks when loaded on my undated late 40's SuperSpeed.
To get a nice smooth shave they take more passes than the Derby's ,they seem to be less effective against the wiskers but they lose theyr sharpness more slowly and more gently than the Derby's so even if they need more passes they last as long and are gentler on my face.

I paid 9 euro for 100 blades delivered,that's about half of Derby and about one quarter of what the bad Gillette Platinum cost here in Italy (btw: Italian Gillette don't come from Sweden so don't bother buying them here,they probably are as bad as the american Gillette).

To sum it all up,if you want to be glass smooth with every shave these are not the right blades but if you want nice and inexpensive blades that deliver good shaves (and with some effort on your part great shaves) that can forgive some mistake without giving immediate punishment don't care about the name and try the DORCO shave!

Latest reviews

Pros: 🪒
• Cheap
• Ubiquitous
Cons: 🪒
◦ Dull
◦ Rough
◦ Questionable Authenticity
Bought a packet off shopee to try out. Used a very mild razor at first and found that it is not very sharp as I need to do multiple passes over the same area. This caused razor burn. Then I tried it on a more aggressive razor and I found that it is not smooth either.

This blade can be found very easily on shopee, in different packagings and versions. It comes to the question if the one I ordered is even authentic, explaining the bad shaves.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)

Attachments

• 8be0855d0cf49baa94190fd4aef3b00b.jpg
    8be0855d0cf49baa94190fd4aef3b00b.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 7eaefb2d0b99ef8b0477d9ebae665c9e.jpg
    7eaefb2d0b99ef8b0477d9ebae665c9e.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 56
  • b8bf79cca3c3514618673feb218a1566.jpg
    b8bf79cca3c3514618673feb218a1566.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 52
Pros: Cheap and available
Cons: Way below cheaper blades like Astra in quality.
I tried to review these blades but one scrape and the hairs were were just not going anywhere. Actually, i loaded two identical Rimei razors with both the Vietnam produced ST300 and the Korean made ST301. Neither wanted to cut my beard in a satisfactory manner.
Not being a masochist i quickly reached for my Edwin Jagger loaded with a 3 shave old Silver Blue. Perfection as always. For the second pass i returned to Dorco and noticed something interesting. The Korean made blade was noticeably sharper and smoother, and i finished the shave with this blade.
The packaging gets a 1 as both come in plastic containers which i loathe. The world does not need anymore useless plastic and i have a used blade bank . Longevity gets a 7 as i'm not qualified to comment.
The price was cheap but no cheaper than Astras here in Thailand and there's no way these are in the same league IMO.

So not much of a review, but i'd say if you want to try these go for the Korean made ST301 model.

I am recommending these blades to others as they may well work for people with lighter beards, and of course everyone's face is different to mine.

Not a terrible experience, but then most of the heavy lifting was done with the Silver Blue which was peerless as always.
This reminds me once again how lucky i am to live in a country where Astra cost peanuts, Feather are cheap, and the mighty Super Thin Gillette is easy to find for a fraction more than the others.

With such company, it's hard to see why i'd want to return to the Dorco brand anytime soon, but as usual, YMMV. Give them a go and see for yourself.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Sharpness
1.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
1.00 star(s)
Pros: no cuts, niks or the dreaded razor burn & resulting rash
Cons: a SLOW shave 3-4 pass at least, overall result okay but not 100% smooth.
These are the 2nd blade I've tried... please check my profile for details of preperation and weapon of choice.

For a relative newbie (like myself) these are a joy, they seem more forgiving than most deities you care to mention and they leave no sign of burn and resulting rash... These are a VERY easy razor to use, due to their forgiving nature.
For my hellish combination of sensitive skin and wire-like stubble (5 days worth at time of shave), these I feel are going to be my "go to" for any time I just want an easy relaxing shave experience.... They are the FIRST blade I have used in over 20 years of shaving that hasn't left me with a burning area around the lower neck that inevitably becomes covered in unsightly red pus-filled lumps. For me, that's a major victory - not looking like a plague victim is a good thing.

However, the champagine corks of celebration shouldn't be popped just yet... If you're expecting a forgiving and baby skin-smooth shave, you may need to look elsewhere. There are other blades out there that can and will give you a closer shave (sadly, I have to include over-priced cartridge based systems in that too)... but the pay off of being rash free might be worthwhile.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
2.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)